Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning, took a look at the models, the ECM has made me grumpy again, all models show high pressure in charge except this model again

CS, why don't you put the ECM on 'ignore' then? :lol: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Some quite heavy rain overnight, surprised that there's been no reports of thunder. Two lines of ppn exiting our region eastwards, with the one just moving off from the Sussex/Kent coast, looking pretty lively, although not electrified.

An improving picture for today, in our region then but the chance of some thundery showers developing later, difficult to pinpoint where but perhaps the NE of our region looking most prone.

Still looking very warm and humid tomorrow, with temps likely to be in the high 20s C, detail of where any thundery ppn will develop still difficult to call but Meto Fax for midday tomorrow wants to develop a shallow low over Brittany, which is expected to gradually move NE along the French coast, during the afternoon/evening and pushing attendant trough into our area, during the late evening, with that frontal system stalling, out over the SW. Fully expect thundery showers/storms to affect our region late tomorrow/Sat morn but exact locations impossible to determine at the moment, lot of huddling around the radar tomorrow evening, looking likely!

Thereafter, the shallow low over N.France expected to move away SE, into the continent. An early punt at the weather for Bank Holiday Monday would suggest a NE flow over our region, sunny spells and perhaps some isolated showers around, with temps maxing out at around low to mid 20s C.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 2

Posted

Steady rain again here now, as that northern most line of ppn, swings through the London area.

Posted

A couple of animated NMM sequences to whet the appetite for this afternoon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Either that or there is a rainmaking machine in Basingstoke. ( I hope someone knows what im on about)

Someone been busy last night?

Posted

Morning all,

Very dark outside this morning - the rain woke me up in the early hours but was dry when I left for work this morning.  Getting closer to London on the train and it was raining in the Blackheath/Lewisham area and still was when arriving at London Bridge.  Think it's one of those days where I am glad to be working in a windowless office today!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Guess who left the washing out last night!

At least i got my book in though .

Lovely morning for daughter to pick up her gcse results just hope the weathers not a reflection on them?

She goes over to pick them up at 9:30 and time seems to be really dragging.

Zoo visit friday hope its dry.

have a good day all x

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

have a good day all x

Good morning Ladies!

:doh: 

Posted

At least i got my book in though .

Lovely morning for daughter to pick up her gcse results just hope the weathers not a reflection on them?

She goes over to pick them up at 9:30 and time seems to be really dragging.

Zoo visit friday hope its dry.

have a good day all x

It was 19 years ago that I got my GCSE results.  After being predicted pretty poor results, I was pleasantly surprised when opening the envelope and finding out I wasn't as lazy with my studies as the teachers thought I was!  I hope your daughter get's the results she wants Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Also awaiting GCSE results for our eldest. I'm at the office and awaiting a phone call!

On topic - muggy, was pretty wet earlier but now drying up. The air is very still and heavy.

Can't concentrate!

AS

• Like 6

Posted

Good luck to all those awaiting results today :good: 

• Like 3

Posted

Good luck to all those awaiting results today Posted Image

Thanks Coast, takes me back to 32 years ago and O Level results (where did all that time go?)
  • Like 3

Posted

(where did all that time go?)

Tell me about it! :)

• Like 1

Posted

I've suggested (well told) Mr Chilly that we should go shopping today, due to it not really being beach weather.  For some strange reason, he's still in bed. Hummph!

Posted

For some strange reason, he's still in bed. Hummph!

I'd say kick him out, but what with your foot and all....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

Morning all.  I would love some expert advice please.  I planned to have a BBQ this Saturday with lots of family and friends coming for my sons Birthday, I've spent a fortune on garden games and lights etc etc.  If I'm to believe what the BBC and Met are saying it looks like a wash out for south east Saturday.  My question:- shall I hang on to see if anything changes in the forecast or shall I start sending texts now seeing if I can get everyone to change their plans and do it Sunday?  Thanks for any advice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I've suggested (well told) Mr Chilly that we should go shopping today, due to it not really being beach weather.  For some strange reason, he's still in bed. Hummph!

The prospect of a day's shopping does that!Posted Image

Posted

Morning all.  I would love some expert advice please.  I planned to have a BBQ this Saturday with lots of family and friends coming for my sons Birthday, I've spent a fortune on garden games and lights etc etc.  If I'm to believe what the BBC and Met are saying it looks like a wash out for south east Saturday.  My question:- shall I hang on to see if anything changes in the forecast or shall I start sending texts now seeing if I can get everyone to change their plans and do it Sunday?  Thanks for any advice. 

Thats a tough one, I would think that Sunday would be the more reliable of the 2 days but not without some rain around. Shame you cant have the BBQ on Monday, more chance of staying dry, I would've thought. 

Tom.

Posted

Thanks Tom.  Bloody English Weather, lol.

Just read, you asked for EXPERT advice, so take mine with a pinch of salt! Posted Image

Posted

Morning all.  I would love some expert advice please.  I planned to have a BBQ this Saturday with lots of family and friends coming for my sons Birthday, I've spent a fortune on garden games and lights etc etc

Morning!

I'm no expert but I do have a lot of bookmarks. Posted Image

Even the NetWeather forecast has rain in Rainham on Saturday:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;ct=23562~Rainham;sess=#forecast

As you say, MetO is not good:

post-6667-0-61111900-1377161076_thumb.pn

Posted Image

GFS has an awful lot of rain down here in the South, less as you go to the North of our region:

Posted Image

But it is there almost all day:

Posted Image

NW Extra NMM has it just to the West of your location, it's right on the borderline:

post-6667-0-71664500-1377161294_thumb.pn post-6667-0-50955800-1377161293_thumb.pn

The frontal system and low seem poised to bring something to most of the region and I can't see you escaping it completely, but if you can hang on until lunchtime tomorrow, we may have a clearer view.

Sorry I can't be much more upbeat, but rain in Rainham seems quite likely Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

We're going to friends on Saturday for a BBQ and we are all to bring a pudding. Earlier in the week I volunteered to make a rhubarb fool on the basis that this is a perfect summer's pudding for a glorious, warm, outdoor English event. Looking at the forecast now, though, I am thinking of changing this to rhubarb crumble and custard, which might suit the day better!AS
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Even the NetWeather forecast has rain in Rainham on Saturday:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;ct=23562~Rainham;sess=#forecast

Sorry I can't be much more upbeat, but rain in Rainham seems quite likely Posted Image

Ah, but is that THIS Rainham, or the Essex one?!

(Sort of said tongue-in-cheek. But also a genuine question, Coast.)

Anyway, certainly some rain in Rainham this morning. And such an eerie light. Almost a thundery feel to everything. A storm must be imminent..........yeah, right!