Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all. I have my own thoughts on why this regional has gone a bit quiet of late, but I will put it down to the fact a few of our members are away on holiday.Posted Image

Not a lot happening weatherwise is there, apart from the remote prospect of some thundery weather over the Bank Holiday weekend ?

Excellent photo's from Airbourne Robin, and the skies cleared nicely for the Red Arrows. It's all a bit non-descript here, sun trying to break through the cloud and currently 15c. 

• Like 2

Posted

morninggg

nice and sunny in kt3 this morn,got to do the garden shed today so hope not to warm this afternoon,takecare every 1

Posted

Excellent photo's from Airbourne Robin, and the skies cleared nicely for the Red Arrows. 

Morning Martin!

Thank you for the kind comments, it's more luck than judgment and putting the camera into continuous mode and firing off about a 100 shots to get one decent one :doh: 

A definite cool feel in the air in Sussex today but hoping that it will warm up through the morning and we see a gradual increase through to the weekend. Fingers crossed for a decent BH couple of days, but I think it might be hit and miss for some in the region doing BBQ's and outside events.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all!  I've stubbed my toe and it's black and blue.  I can barely walk.  So all I shall manage today is a trip to the beach, soaking up the sunshine and then a trip home. It's such a tough life.

It didn't hurt last night, but I guess being soaked in booze took away the pain.

• Like 1

Posted

It didn't hurt last night, but I guess being soaked in booze took away the pain.

Morning Milly - ouch! Posted Image

Did you mean you soaked you whole body in booze. or just your toe?

• Like 1

Posted

Morning Milly - ouch! Posted Image

Did you mean you soaked you whole body in booze. or just your toe?

My whole body was soaked, kinda from the inside though. ;)

Glorious blue skies here today, can't wait to get out in it.

Posted

Glorious blue skies here today, can't wait to get out in it.

Well enjoy your hobble trip to the beach and I hope the sun lasts all day.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Ouch Milly !!

Robin ...re the question you asked me about the Mini buried in the wall, sent you a reply in the random photo topic mate Posted Image

The sun is out here now....

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all

Not been here much recently what with catching up with work post-holiday. I have to confess. though, that I am finding the leaking away of the true summer quite deflating this year, even though I have a week away next week in our usual retreat of North Pembrokeshire. I know that the saying is that time speeds up as you get older but I'm 'only' 48 and surely the summer shouldn't have gone by so fast?! I am finding words like 'final test match' and 'start of the premier league' rather gloomy to be honest and hence finding it tricky to get motivated to post much. I also noticed that the swifts have gone - selfish gits!

No doubt when Autumn proper starts I will have got over this rather self-indulgent phase....

AS

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning ladies and gents,

Last of the morning clouds now moving away to the east. Currently 18.5°, none too humid, and barely a breath of wind. A very pleasant August day in prospect, me hopes.

All still up in the air for the BH weekend it seems. Why oh why is the weather never straightforward in this part of the world?!

But even if it does turn out a bit grim, I'm going to keep reminding myself we had great weather on both of the May holidays this year. And that's quite a rarity.

Lee

• Like 3

Posted

dont know why but i keep getting a september feeel today ,there a september smell in the air ,or iam loseeeing the plot and that a pos has well.mmmmm strange or just me..................................................................help ......................lol...back in to the shed

Posted

dont know why but i keep getting a september feeel today ,there a september smell in the air

Funnily enough, I've just been outside and I thought to myself "There's definitely some sort of autumnal hint to the air this morning." And that's despite the fabulous blue sky.

I think it may be something to do with the fact the sun is noticeably lower in the sky now, compared to a couple of months ago. Longer shadows and all that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning ladies and gents,

Last of the morning clouds now moving away to the east. Currently 18.5°, none too humid, and barely a breath of wind. A very pleasant August day in prospect, me hopes.

All still up in the air for the BH weekend it seems. Why oh why is the weather never straightforward in this part of the world?!

But even if it does turn out a bit grim, I'm going to keep reminding myself we had great weather on both of the May holidays this year. And that's quite a rarity.

Lee

Let's just hope it all stays 'up in the air', Lee?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

"There's definitely some sort of autumnal hint to the air this morning." 

Morning Lee.

Felt the same as I came into work at 6.30 this morning, but boy has it turned into a lovely day with the bluest sky I've seen for ages:

post-6667-0-08752000-1376990102_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted

Funnily enough, I've just been outside and I thought to myself "There's definitely some sort of autumnal hint to the air this morning." And that's despite the fabulous blue sky.

I think it may be something to do with the fact the sun is noticeably lower in the sky now, compared to a couple of months ago. Longer shadows and all that!

yep with u there mate just went out to get sum coffee and it feeels quiet warm now ,bugger iam going to roast in the shed to day .the shed is right in the fireing line of the sun ...lololo

Posted

Let's just hope it all stays 'up in the air', Lee?Posted Image

My choice of expression hit me after I'd posted. Completely unintentional pun, I promise!

Morning Lee.

Felt the same as I came into work at 6.30 this morning, but boy has it turned into a lovely day with the bluest sky I've seen for ages:

Posted Image20th August 2013 001.jpg

Beautiful colour. (Love the contrast of the blue and green in that snap too.)

• Like 2

Posted

21c and a beautiful blue sky. I'm happy with that Posted Image

Yep - a perfect day today - why can't summer be like this every day! (With an over night storm or two to keep the garden watered of course!)

• Like 1

Posted

A cycle ride out at lunchtime to leave the mad mad World behind and enjoy some moments of tranquillity, in the sunshine by the local lake:

Perfick!
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

A lovely afternoon (from what i can see outside the office window). Such a shame that my trip to Bognor wasnt as nice but we all had a good time. Butlins sure is full of chavs these days.

We went to brighton on Saturday and although the weather didnt play ball, i have to say, I just love the vibe down there. So funky.

• Like 1

Posted

Had a lovely day on the beach enjoyed the clear blue sky.  Had some fluffy dumpling clouds which I swear were expanding gradually as I lay there watching them.  Now having a rest from all that sunbathing before going out again this evening.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hello everyone and managed to post in the right thread this time. Hope everyone had lovely days in the sun Posted Image

Posted

hi all

heres the early fax charts

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

may be a tad breezy on the south coasts

dry and sunny up to mid afternoon then showers moving in from the west .the far west of the region may stay dry

temps around 22-24 degrees

Posted Image

thursday

a variable flow

looks like some heavy showers during early afternoon

temps around 23-25 and feeling humid

a slim chance of the odd rumble or 2 on thursday night

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

friday

a weak south east flow