South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Now that would be nice !!

Rain just arrived here, adding to the overall gloom Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Now that would be nice !!  

It's also backed up to an extent by the NMM charts, lets see if/what turns up late afternoon!

• Like 1

Posted

It's also backed up to an extent by the NMM charts, lets see if/what turns up late afternoon!

Thank you Coast, you have just cheered me up a bit. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Thank you Coast, you have just cheered me up a bit. Posted Image

I try

Many say I'm very trying.....

Posted

Light rain in Reigate, 16.6c, 93% humidity.  Off to Brighton later to join the family, tomorrow looks pretty poor but Sunday at least dry albeit pretty windy.  Only a week or so before heading to North Pembrokeshire again for a week - hopefully the weather will have settled down a bit by then as my Greek tan is fading fast (mind you, generally there isn't much tanning to be had in West Wales it's more a case of being weather beaten!)

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Rain has finally arrived here and could linger on and off, for quite a while. Some heavier bursts likely, as waves develop along the front responsible, with Meto Fax showing any final clearance of rain from Kent, unlikely until later in the evening.

Tomorrow sees fronts pushing through the region, as an area of low pressure swings NE, to the NW of Scotland, with rain probably arriving early afternoon.

Some showers around the region for Sunday before the weather improves next week but although models at the moment show a small area of low pressure developing out in the Atlantic and running up close to N.Ireland, the only effect on our weather likely to be an increase in humidity, as warm TM air encroaches from our SW, around midweek.

As we head into the 2nd half of next week then increasingly warm and humid and we could develop a stiff breeze from the E or SE by the end of the week, to give us that hot hair-dryer effect, we felt a couple of Thursdays ago. Depending on exactly where any high pressure sets up could also see a thundery breakdown head our way, come next weekend but thats stretching model reliability, at the moment but possibly something for you storm fans to enthuse about and needs watching.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Sharing my blue sky with you, sounds like you lot need it !

post-10773-0-55138900-1376640427_thumb.j

Another hot and humid one here today - we might even hit the big 40 !

I did wonder if Erin was heading this way but I see the warning for cape Verdi has been lifted now, not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed a tropical storm would have made for some interesting holiday photos !

Happy Friday folks :-)

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 6

Posted

Another humid one today with relatively high dew points that could be conducive to storm activity in our region later this afternoon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Hoping so, as I'll be in the Big Smoke from about half 3 this afternoon. (Undoubtedly until the drunken ten past midnight final Medway-bound train of the day!) Will I be lucky, and get a thunderstorm.....or will the curse of Lee strike again??! Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, the early watery sun has gone. Overcast now, and rain slowly increasing in intensity. Everybody's gardens really could do with a day of precipitation, so I'm not too gloomy about a wet Friday. Temperature currently 17.7° - but that seems pretty academic today really.

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Lee

• Like 1

Posted

Hoping so, as I'll be in the Big Smoke from about half 3 this afternoon. (Undoubtedly until the drunken ten past midnight final Medway-bound train of the day!) Will I be lucky, and get a thunderstorm.....or will the curse of Lee strike again??! Only time will tell.

Morning Lee,

You better be our reporter on-the-spot then! (if you can tear yourself away from the drinking)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning Lee,

You better be our reporter on-the-spot then! (if you can tear yourself away from the drinking)

Reckon I can agree to that! Any thunder over the river at Hammersmith, and the SE/EA peeps on here will be informed.

Though the later in the day, the less compos mentis I will be.....hence the more likely any post I make may not be 100 coherent! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

damp and dull here, rain arrived earlier, still feels  mild and humid though, 18.3oC in the shed, looks like a morning spent indoors today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Morning all!! Gosh what a grey ole day. Here's hoping for some storms.

Off to henley tomorrow for the rewind 80s festival, should be interesting in the rain!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

damp and dull here, rain arrived earlier, still feels  mild and humid though, 18.3oC in the shed, looks like a morning spent indoors today.

Morning Jax,

Looks like the theme for most today. I'm in Eastbourne so I'll see first-hand if it affects flying and I'll be interested to see if anyone gets a rumble or two later :good: 

Morning all!! Gosh what a grey ole day. Here's hoping for some storms.Off to henley tomorrow for the rewind 80s festival, should be interesting in the rain!!!!!

Morning Ruthie,

It looks to be intermittent tomorrow so you might be lucky.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning Jax,

Looks like the theme for most today. I'm in Eastbourne so I'll see first-hand if it affects flying and I'll be interested to see if anyone gets a rumble or two later Posted Image

Morning Ruthie,

It looks to be intermittent tomorrow so you might be lucky.

Yes, I have heard the rumours there may be some convection in the far south, as is typical, my family are all attending outside events over the weekend, so one way or another some of us are going to get wet at some point.

Posted

Hey Coast I will be down near the Western Lawns to see the planes, or that may be to NOT see the planes with the cloud about at the moment!!!

Posted

Hey Coast I will be down near the Western Lawns to see the planes, or that may be to NOT see the planes with the cloud about at the moment!!!

Hi neighbs!

I'm busy working so tomorrow and Sunday will be my spotting days unless anything flies directly over-head here (as the Lancaster did apparently yesterday).

Did you just hear the Chinook go over? I couldn't see it in the cloud so fingers crossed it lifts a bit later or it may affect today's programme.

Posted

Hi neighbs!

I'm busy working so tomorrow and Sunday will be my spotting days unless anything flies directly over-head here (as the Lancaster did apparently yesterday).

Did you just hear the Chinook go over? I couldn't see it in the cloud so fingers crossed it lifts a bit later or it may affect today's programme.

I certainly heard the Chinook :)

I am working at the weekend so today is my day for Airbourne! Hoping the clouds lifts like yesterday afternoon when I was at Birling Gap beach...

• Like 1

Posted

HI all, anyone else having probs with the charts updating?  Thanks

Posted

Met office yellow alert for rain:

Issued at: 
1054 on Fri 16 Aug 2013

Valid from: 
1305 on Fri 16 Aug 2013

Valid to: 
2100 on Fri 16 Aug 2013

Following the clearance of this morning's rain, isolated but very heavy, thundery downpours may develop this afternoon across parts of central and eastern England and as far south as parts of London. The public should be aware of the risk of very localised disruption due to surface water flooding, especially if such a downpour were to hit urban areas, or occur during the busy evening period. As often happens in such situations many places should miss the worst. 

A cold front will move slowly eastwards across the area this afternoon and evening. With the presence of warm moist air near the front, isolated very heavy downpours may develop, triggered by rising temperatures through this afternoon. However, the situation will remain very finely-balanced and so the extent of shower or thunderstorm development remains uncertain.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=ee&from=rss&sn=90ABAD13-1527-7BD3-E87C-8674C9C104DA_1_EE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1376607600

• Like 3

Posted

Posted

No sign of rain here yet, and the MetO widget thing doesn't seem to be expecting any for this area. White cloud, 18.9c, 84% humidity.

Ah, timing is everything; just started raining lightly.

John-Boy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Unfortunately there wasn't any warning for acts of stupidity in the rain. Smash up on the caister road resulting in the road I live on becoming a rat run. More cars have passed my house in the last hour than in the last two weeks Posted Image

Posted

Ah, timing is everything; just started raining lightly.

Quite a bit more coming as it travels West to East:

post-6667-0-10014100-1376650730_thumb.pn

Posted

Looks like the rain is easing off here, seems to be getting a bit brighter too.