Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 17/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hello each. Its me....K. :) Not been around for a while because I've had a nasty virus, a bad back and a poorly tummy. A right old wreck for the past week or two. :(

However, I hope everyone is well and enjoying this lovely Autumn weather. It's a perfect Autumn day here in Ippy. Sunny and warm with some hazy cloud. We've had some lovely evening mists as well.....very seasonal but......no sign of any T&L.

Have a good day, all. :D

• Like 8

Posted

Hello each. Its me....K. Posted Image Not been around for a while because I've had a nasty virus, a bad back and a poorly tummy. A right old wreck for the past week or two. Posted Image

However, I hope everyone is well and enjoying this lovely Autumn weather. It's a perfect Autumn day here in Ippy. Sunny and warm with some hazy cloud. We've had some lovely evening mists as well.....very seasonal but......no sign of any T&L.

Have a good day, all. Posted Image

'Noon K, 

Welcome back - hope you are feeling better - sounds like you have been in the wars!

Enjoy the sun Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hello each. Its me....K. 

Hi K,

Sorry to hear you haven't been the Mae West, but nice to see you're back in the seat!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hello each. Its me....K. Posted Image Not been around for a while because I've had a nasty virus, a bad back and a poorly tummy. A right old wreck for the past week or two. Posted Image

Glad you're all better now...What's T&L!Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted

What's T&L!Posted Image 

That weather phenomenon you guys keep telling us is missing from the Triangle of Doom! 

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

Posted

I don't think the sun is going to get through completely  if it doesn't get a move-on and although Heathrow has cracked 20.8 °C, it's really muggy now and not at all fresh and clear like yesterday. Hey ho, at least it's not cold and rainy!

Edited by Coast

Posted

It's a very nice afternoon in Reigate now, that rain and solitary clap of thunder this morning now a distant, did it really happen, memory.  The sun is still quite hazy but even so the temperature is a very decent 21.1c as I write this.

The forecast I saw on News24 at lunchtime was making a fair bit of potentially very heavy showers for the south at the weekend though I wonder if we will be far enough away from their advance from the south west to miss most of them?  A weekend like this afternoon would be a pretty good way to see out the month.

AS

• Like 1

Posted

The forecast I saw on News24 at lunchtime was making a fair bit of potentially very heavy showers for the south at the weekend though I wonder if we will be far enough away from their advance from the south west to miss most of them?  A weekend like this afternoon would be a pretty good way to see out the month.

GFS has any thundery stuff on the way out to our South, over France in the last couple of runs, but is showing an increasing amount of rain for us over the weekend. It would be nice to see it end with a bit of a thunderstorm, but as always, we just need to keep watching those pesky models!! 

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Glad to see your back in the land of the living Grace Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

That weather phenomenon you guys keep telling us is missing from the Triangle of Doom! 

Oh that! No wonder I'd forgotten!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all,

Another busy day at the orifice concluded, hump day and all that...

...and it was nearly sunny here a while ago, cloud seems to have settled back in now, not dull, and at least it is calm, dry and warm, even managed to squeak past the 20oC mark too.

Spose I had better go and see what I have broken on the car when fitting the new headlight bulb yesterday (side light now stopped working *DOH!*)

Posted

...and it was nearly sunny here a while ago, cloud seems to have settled back in now, not dull, and at least it is calm, dry and warm, even managed to squeak past the 20oC mark too.

The sun seemed to have had a duff battery today, as it just couldn't quite shine enough to break through the cloud layer to any significant effect other than warming things up under this damp blanket.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/city-of-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1380304800&map=SignificantWeather&zoom=7&lon=-1.60&lat=51.55

The MetO have the rain sweeping in from the West on Saturday morning covering most of our area by the afternoon, with Sunday stacking up to be just cloudy with a couple of scattered showers. GFS is updating at the mo, so we'll see what that data on the potential for rain for us in a while. Still the outlook for Tstorms is low low low. 

Edited by Coast

Posted

The sun seemed to have had a duff battery today, as it just couldn't quite shine enough to break through the cloud layer to any significant effect other than warming things up under this damp blanket.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/city-of-london#?tab=map&fcTime=1380304800&map=SignificantWeather&zoom=7&lon=-1.60&lat=51.55

The MetO have the rain sweeping in from the West on Saturday morning covering most of our area by the afternoon, with Sunday stacking up to be just cloudy with a couple of scattered showers. GFS is updating at the mo, so we'll see what that data on the potential for rain for us in a while. Still the outlook for Tstorms is low low low. 

I am hoping for Sunday morning to be as warm as it dare and dry so I can have a "sale" car boot, lots of stuff too good to chuck that I want to shift (and given loads to charity already)

Posted

I am hoping for Sunday morning to be as warm as it dare and dry so I can have a "sale" car boot, lots of stuff too good to chuck that I want to shift (and given loads to charity already)

At the moment I think there's a good chance of a dry Sunday morning, not sure about how warm it might get. GFS free atmosphere is still teasing with faintly possible convective threats:

Posted Image

Posted

At the moment I think there's a good chance of a dry Sunday morning, not sure about how warm it might get. GFS free atmosphere is still teasing with faintly possible convective threats:

Posted Image

Yes mate, I saw those "threats" on some recent runs, at the mo it is looking "possible" I may be getting what I want/need, closer to the day methinks on this one.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've known some proper thunderstorms in October (more than the odd flash/bang that can happen any time) so hope definitely not lost here. I think there's a chance of something, especially near the South Coast, this weekend. :)

We've had another of those hazy to cloudy days here, which although nice and comfortable, are starting to grate. I took my camera down to the creek here yesterday, at high tide, but the quality of light was so poor, I didn't even get the camera out of its case. I'm hoping for clearer air tomorrow. :)

Posted

I've known some proper thunderstorms in October (more than the odd flash/bang that can happen any time) so hope definitely not lost here. I think there's a chance of something, especially near the South Coast, this weekend. Posted Image

Hi Steve,

GFS latest run has it on the wrong side of the Channel or to our West:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Of course like snow, this still has a long way to go, but a bit of a Northward trend in the next few runs would be handy.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Struggling with what to say about today. It was just a "nothing" day really! Misty start, then some hazy sun, max temp of 20°, and no wind. Sorry, but I just can't get excited about that at this time of year! (I'd be raving about it if it was the first spring-like day after winter. But in terms of autumn, it's a bit mundane really.) But, yep, at least it means I still haven't had to put the heating on yet.

Keeping an eye on the Finnish traffic cams for snow. Not seen anything yet. And late September / early October is usually when the first flakes appear. (With the exception of 2011.)

• Like 1

Posted

Hi K,

Glad you're back and hope you're better. There are tentative signs of another regional get together on 23rd November, if you're interested. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So today has been ok, sun at times peeking between the high and mid level cloud, definite improvement on yesterday, could do with a little excitement though.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Well fixed the car lights, getting a bit too dull to see so had to resort to feely touchy to finish the job.  Bleeding sprung caliper holding thingy came off! grrrrr, took longer to refit that than reseat the lights and get them working.

still rather mild and very calm here though, if not for the missing sunshine it would be a fantastic evening in the garden.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Steve,

GFS latest run has it on the wrong side of the Channel or to our West:

Of course like snow, this still has a long way to go, but a bit of a Northward trend in the next few runs would be handy.

Yes, I've just looked at the the NMM and GFS models on Saturday - slightly different times on the maps. The NMM looks quite tasty to our south and west and the GFS has a reasonable storm risk for the far south - I guess this risk map must combine CAPE and CAPE inhibition etc.

I think I'll very probably be too far north, but you never know further south, especially if the trough moves north by a few miles. Posted Image

post-11059-0-20581600-1380128606_thumb.ppost-11059-0-24348100-1380128626_thumb.p

• Like 1