Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 17/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

Steady rain in Reigate for the last hour, very humid (or maybe it's not and it's just the consequence of being given the run around (again) on the squash court), and no wind at all. Having today sanded down, cleaned and varnished the outdoor log box to re-proof it for the Autumn and winter, my handiwork is now getting a proper examination! If past performance is any sort of guide it will be leaking like a sieve by now.

AS

• Like 1

Posted

So today has been ok, sun at times peeking between the high and mid level cloud, definite improvement on yesterday, could do with a little excitement though.

been rubbish here, looked as though it was going to rain from 14:00 onwards  --  no rain, but very dreary, was glad when the sun set, at least you couldn't see how dank it was

Posted

hi all

the fax charts i have

Posted Image

ukmo shows this for tonight

looks fairly close

whether any thunder remains to be seen

Posted Image

tomorrow

wind flow showing east to north east

so expect cloud again not helped by dieing front

rainfall

at present looks dry but there could be the odd drizzle pm

also fog on coasts and rural could be quite dense early and being stubborn to clear on east facing coasts

temps somewhere around 18 to poss 20 where clearances occur

Posted Image

friday

a weak flow east to south east

again am fog in usual spots

sunshine and cloud looks more likely but better than thursday

staying dry

temps

Posted Image

somewhere around 18-20 and maybe a shade higher locally

Posted Image

saturday

a breezy east to south east flow

should clear the fog away pretty quick

now am looks dry

Posted Image

temps around 20-22 but maybe a shade higher to the far south east

rainfall

Posted Image

expect some very heavy rain moving up from our south from early afternoon

how far north this moves is difficult to call at present

fingers crossed some thundery bits mixed up in this as well

note the fax has the weather front much further north than earlier runs

update the rest later

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Great day today... If you like low, medium and high level cloud, with no sun 😴. As I left work at 6 I could see the outline of the sun through the cloud, but that's as close as it came today. Felt very muggy also...

There must be an EC law somewhere we can claim a refund due to not getting our quota of sunshine as a member state, I am sure our fellow members in the triangle state must have applied many times before Posted Image

PS just read the small print 'Remember your investment in the sun can go up as well as down during a day'

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There must be an EC law somewhere we can claim a refund due to not getting our quota of sunshine as a member state, I am sure our fellow members in the triangle state must have applied many times before Posted Image

PS just read the small print 'Remember your investment in the sun can go up as well as down during a day'

Never dis the Triangle...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Off to Hull on Saturday to go to uni, I will be posting in here though, the Northeast thread just isn't for me. Posted Image Posted Image

Don't forget, you're only allowed to put a jumper on if it's below -5C. Have a great time at uni anyway.

Posted

Struggling with what to say about today. It was just a "nothing" day really! Misty start, then some hazy sun, max temp of 20°, and no wind. Sorry, but I just can't get excited about that at this time of year! (I'd be raving about it if it was the first spring-like day after winter. But in terms of autumn, it's a bit mundane really.) But, yep, at least it means I still haven't had to put the heating on yet.

Keeping an eye on the Finnish traffic cams for snow. Not seen anything yet. And late September / early October is usually when the first flakes appear. (With the exception of 2011.)

This one cheered me up with a dusting today in Spitzbergen - posted in the snow and ice in the northern hemisphere thread http://sveaspitzbergen.livecam360.com/flash/main.php

Distinctly muggy tonight with light drizzle - not brilliant for the spare bed my husband had dismantled and left in the back garden ready to go in the shed tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

YO BLUES!

no idea why I said that, but it sounds hip and stuff.

whilst it is now dark it remains rather warm/mild here.

Posted

Pahhhh.... That's what the weather can do. Goodnight guys and girls. I'm off 😴

Posted

Posted Image

sunday

a strong south east flow

at present this shows early am showers clearing by breakfast

then dry with sunny spells

then showers again rattling through late pm

temps varied here due to sun amounts

20-22 degrees and maybe a shade higher locally

fog not an issue

Posted Image

monday

a weak southerly flow

some interesting fronts there

first one am causing lightish showers

second one mid pm looks heavy and potentially stormy

temps could drop here 16-18 degrees

i expect these above to be amended tomorrow which would be the difference of being dry or being under heavy rain

hopefully be a little clearer tomorrow

going off early tonight

goodnight all Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning Regionaires!

A very dull and cloudy start to the day, but the fog looks to have largely stayed in bed in Sussex. Rain last night was actually welcome although Saturday is still looking like I'll be fed up with it again by Sunday morning. Can't complain really though a the cold has pretty much stayed away and maybe we will get a full yea of proper seasons?

Right, I'm heading East to see what the 'neighbours' have got! Laters taters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning :)

Completely different feel to the day here, cold front has passed through from the north and the haze and murk is gone. Partly cloudy skies with some cumulus clouds coming off the sea. Should be a nice if fresher day.

Posted

Morning Posted Image

Completely different feel to the day here, cold front has passed through from the north and the haze and murk is gone. Partly cloudy skies with some cumulus clouds coming off the sea. Should be a nice if fresher day.

yes, much nicer, anything would be better than yesterdays murk.

Let the sun shine....

Posted

Morning All,

A day of nothingness weatherwise this morning.  Cloudy and mild.  Is there anything exciting on the horizon like a good old Atlantic autumn storm on the cards?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning All, A day of nothingness weatherwise this morning.  Cloudy and mild.  Is there anything exciting on the horizon like a good old Atlantic autumn storm on the cards?

Morning SR and all, Woke up to a glorious morning here :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Yawn.....Rinse and repeat.....A bit bored of this now....But it will soon be time for cold, frosts and snow....yay.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Anyone in the south of the region, hopefully the clearer weather should make it's way down to you eventually. Looks like the last of the low cloud too for quite a while.

Posted

Morning all. A better start to the day here. Broken cloud and bright, but a cooler and fresher feel to the day. Not bad at all :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

This one cheered me up with a dusting today in Spitzbergen - posted in the snow and ice in the northern hemisphere thread http://sveaspitzbergen.livecam360.com/flash/main.php

Thanks very much, Reef. Great webcam. Shame I missed the snow yesterday. (Note to self: check the 'Snow and Ice' thread more often!)

A bit of light rain and drizzle on some of the Lapland cams this morning. But not spotted any of the white stuff yet.

Bright and quite nice here this morning. Started off very dull, but that clearance over the North Sea has recently moved in. And the fact we can hear the trains confirms beyond any shadow of a doubt there's an easterly/north-easterly element to the wind at the moment. Current temp of 13.8°.

One thing I must say. I was looking earlier to see how the sun was doing at breaking through the cloud. And it soon became apparent I was looking for that ball of fire at an angle about 20° too high - and too far north as well! When I saw where it actually was, it was quite a reminder we're well and truly heading into autumn now!

Have a great Thursday, peeps.

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone in the south of the region, hopefully the clearer weather should make it's way down to you eventually. Looks like the last of the low cloud too for quite a while.

Yep, can confirm the sun is breaking through quite nicely now here in Londinium Town Posted Image

• Like 1