Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 17/09/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

Looks like 17°C or 18°C possible today, will be interesting to see if it creeps beyond that in some areas of our region:

Posted ImageMetO temps.jpg

Posted Image

well, not far to go if the sun breaks through, already at 13.5 here.

Bit overcast though, I reckon it will be a couple of hours at least before we see any sun

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

contrary to popular opinion this polar maritime flow is giving nothing but extensive grey cloudy conditions, well here it is Posted Image

Posted

contrary to popular opinion this polar maritime flow is giving nothing but extensive grey cloudy conditions, well here it is Posted Image

That'll be the triangle then :winky:

The South coast is a riot of sunshine and blue skies!!!!! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Cloudy and quite cold here this morning - hoping it will brighten up later as I braved it without a cardie today!

It's gradually working towards you Leeanne, we are basking in it on the coast.

Posted Image

Posted

morrninggg alll

hope we are all well i would just like to say its poetsssssssssss dayy whoooaaaaaaa,well thats the way i feel about it dont kbow about any 1 els.

well its gray its damp its cool,hopeing for sumfing a tad warmer this afternoon,have the joys of thames water do sum repiar work this afternoon that should be fun,takecare every 1Posted Image

Posted

It's gradually working towards you Leeanne, we are basking in it on the coast.

Posted Image

do u think it will make its way to kt3 coast ,not botherd about any where els just kt3..............................................Posted Image

Posted

do u think it will make its way to kt3 coast ,not botherd about any where els just kt3..............................................Posted Image

I think it might, maybe not until after lunch, but I hope you get the amazing sunny, clear and clean vista I'm getting this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think it might, maybe not until after lunch, but I hope you get the amazing sunny, clear and clean vista I'm getting this morning!

I hope that reaches the triangle too a some point or we might have to rename the area "the triangle of gloom" 

Jeez the model thread this morning, all I can conclude is that the models have no idea what will happen next week.

• Like 3

Posted

I hope that reaches the triangle too a some point or we might have to rename the area "the triangle of gloom" 

Jeez the model thread this morning, all I can conclude is that the models have no idea what will happen next week.

I was just looking at them myself and decided they are a right mish mash.  After Tuesday anything could happen. 

Triangle of gloom  -- not as good at Triangle of DOOM ::-)

Posted

i think its on its way mate i can see blue skies in the distance...............................Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

lolol....i view the model thread but dear not post. there crazys in there..na alll jokeing a side i know whot you mean i could not work out whot there thinking is for next week either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all,

Disappointingly overcast here today, so far. I try not to be glum, but I have to say I was expecting this morning to be a least a teeny, weeny bit sunny! But, nope, just slate grey skies. Posted Image

I fear we have a 'dirty' high pressure. And those highs seem to love us more than anywhere else, don't they?!

Enjoy the sunshine, those that have it today. If you wanted to send some this way, there wouldn't be too many objections, I'm sure! ;-)

Have a great Friday.

Lee

• Like 1

Posted

Hello all

A grey start to the day in Reigate but it has been slowly brightening up and there are increasing amounts of sun coming through now, and the temperature has just hit +15.7c

The sooner we can get down to the south coast this weekend the better by the look of things!

AS

• Like 2

Posted

The sun is coming out here, working through the cloud.

If anyone wants to go into the model thread, I suggest full body armour, it's getting pretty heated :p

• Like 1

Posted

The sooner we can get down to the south coast this weekend the better by the look of things!

I've put some towels on the loungers for you already Abs!

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted

I've put some towels on the loungers for you already Abs!

Thanks Coast!However, I have just seen a very underwhelming weather forecast on News 24 for the weekend which, in summary, went roughly like this: cloud, drizzle, cloud 20c (Saturday), followed by cloud (Sunday). They seemed to be making a lot of the 'moist southwesterly' wind direction. I sincerely hope they are wrong about this! Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Thanks Coast!

However, I have just seen a very underwhelming weather forecast on News 24 for the weekend which, in summary, went roughly like this: cloud, drizzle, cloud 20c (Saturday), followed by cloud (Sunday). They seemed to be making a lot of the 'moist southwesterly' wind direction. I sincerely hope they are wrong about this!

That might be about right for sunshine levels, not so sure about drizzle and but I'll see your 20°C and raise you this for Monday:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

That might be about right for sunshine levels, not so sure about drizzle and but I'll see your 20°C and raise you this for Monday:

Posted Image

Being purely selfish though, I'd like the sun and the warmth this weekend! Ah well, it will still be good to be by the sea again whatever the weather.....

Posted

Being purely selfish though, I'd like the sun and the warmth this weekend! Ah well, it will still be good to be by the sea again whatever the weather.....

I bet you can smell it from there:

http://www.drakesofbrighton.com/live-beach-cam.html

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Posted Image

Luverly! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Arrived in Birmingham - not much blue sky but its warm and dry - view from the hotel bedroom !

post-10773-0-56203300-1379680220_thumb.j

Off out to visit the back to backs now !

• Like 1

Posted

Anyway, whatever the weekend brings, there's not much cloud in Reigate currently and we are now at 17.1c which feels pretty good to me

AS

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like we have this warmer period for a few days at least according to GFS:

Posted Image

Anyway, whatever the weekend brings, there's not much cloud in Reigate currently and we are now at 17.1c which feels pretty good to me

AS

Shorts and t-shirt weather here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Brightening nicely here now. Posted Image