Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 13/11/13 >

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

A stellar run coming up me thinks at 144 gfs is excellent http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1441.png!!

Hope UKMO follows suit and the high continues to drift north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Hints of something wintry amongst a disturbance again visible on the 12z GFS Op across the South West;

post-12721-0-31347900-1384445702_thumb.jpost-12721-0-57937200-1384445712_thumb.j

It's been hinted at on a few GFS Op runs now!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

At 144 the high is showing us some love and funnelling NE winds at us. Lovely chart.....just wish I could trust this model

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Some lovely WAA being pumped up into Greenland 

post-7073-0-15141200-1384445809_thumb.pn

I'm sure Steve will be all over that!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

850's are a bit concerning though http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1562.png!! At this time of the year will -6's be enough or will we just get cold rain or slush? anyways too far out at this stage to worry about that lets just get the pattern right first

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

might need to wait beyond fi to see the really deep cold sweep into Europe gibby was right if this was jan feb well omg ice age lol.

but on a serious note the really deep cold is being held at bay which is the most disappointing thing although this is an evolution solution and I agree can the gfs be trusted.

I cant post charts cant even upload them from my computer sorry people if this frustrates anyone.

Posted

850's are a bit concerning though http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1562.png!! At this time of the year will -6's be enough or will we just get cold rain or slush? anyways too far out at this stage to worry about that lets just get the pattern right first

Yup! That's worrying me a lot, too far out to worry about really I know that just looking at N-Hemisphere charts the Synoptics are a joy to behold, so if they are wasted because of poor T850 temps that will be a real kick in the teeth Edited by Weathizard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

and even futher out on the gfs it all seems to fizzle away I expect that's something to do with the fact it really is not winter yet.

it gets rather messy beyond t168 new York gonna be very cold though so my question is any of this blocking really going to aid us ?

apart from the cold few days ?

omg it looks like a fail into fi vortex fight back maybe that's why.

Edited by model rollercoaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Posted Image

Stunning just stunning here is to our first taste of winter frost snow freezing temps happy days. Mabye james madden might be correct yet. Sorry mods couldnt resist.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I suspect so, thickness values are low and we do have an extremely cold airmass to deliver the dewpoints..

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Gfs looking quality now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

and even futher out on the gfs it all seems to fizzle away I expect that's something to do with the fact it really is not winter yet.

it gets rather messy beyond t168

It is still improving run to run. People were saying how good the 06z was but this has much colder uppers still at 168 around -5 for most

Posted

should be enough especially if the flow is slack!!got snow in october before with higher uppers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Here comes the reload

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Ha,ha,..lovely....perhaps a complete near perfect run start to end..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

As predicted - 20th was always looking promising.

post-6879-0-50953800-1384446855.jpg

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Imo id ignore this run beyond 170 hrs.Looks wrong to me synoptics wise.See where ecm and ukmo go but maybe after the initial cold shot some mlb would be my call but would love to be miles out with that call!!!

Posted

Greeny high in deep FI and frigid no doubt but could be very cold before that if troughing is a little further West when(if) the Atlantic block rebuilds

Edited by Mucka