Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

tomorrow's storm could potentially be much more dangerous with a longer period of wind and rain.

The more i am reading the more i am trying not to worry, just read a post which said its the most dangerous to come near the uk in 130 years.

As someone said before it is really being here and it being perfectly calm at the moment but knowing that just a few hours down the road, THAT may be on its way.

The thing is, there's no way to prepare really is there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Just a quick question guys/girls. Are we able to private message someone, if so how do i go about it, or do you have to be invited first. Cheers.

Posted

hi due south

go to the persons profile

then click send message

should be ok i get quite a few and have no problems

most people on here are friendly and getting permission in my eyes shouldnt be necessary Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

The more i am reading the more i am trying not to worry, just read a post which said its the most dangerous to come near the uk in 130 years.

As someone said before it is really being here and it being perfectly calm at the moment but knowing that just a few hours down the road, THAT may be on its way.

The thing is, there's no way to prepare really is there?

I think the post you read was probably a bit of scaremongering - yes it will be a period of sustained winds and rain...but the worst for 130 years?? Nah...can't see it TBH

If im wrong Posted Image !! (But hopefully not!)

Edited by scotteboi
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

The more i am reading the more i am trying not to worry, just read a post which said its the most dangerous to come near the uk in 130 years. As someone said before it is really being here and it being perfectly calm at the moment but knowing that just a few hours down the road, THAT may be on its way. The thing is, there's no way to prepare really is there?

It's not looking very nice but 1987 had winds touching 100mph in a lot of places; nothing to suggest anything of that ferocity tomorrow, so I don't agree with the "worst in 130 years" comparison you saw mentioned.
  • Like 2

Posted

hi jennyjane

your right theres not much anyone can do about mother nature

i think being aware is probably the most important thing

Posted

Southernman just phoned me from Reedham, he says there's no wind or rain but it is very nippy and he has mislaid his gloves.

He has been listening to radio Norwich and they were talking about the coming storm, and gave a warning to high sided vehicles and caravans to keep uptodate with the warnings and not to travel if the warnings say it is going to be bad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Updated warnings map from my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LondonAndTheSouthEastWeather?bookmark_t=page

post-15503-0-33692000-1387742731_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Here we can see in colour the intended storm growing darker the colour the stronger it is. Copy link to your bookmarks.

http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true&co=true&li=false

• Like 1

Posted

dont know if its good news  or  not there a slight down grade!!  there  was 75  mph expected  here in ipswich !! how   64 to 68 mph !

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by tinybill

Posted

hi due

not sure how you do that

maybe a mod or someone may know how to do that

sorry

drag  it ito a  folder  i.e named  weather!! if your got one

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

dont know if its good news  or  not there a slight down grade!!  there  was 75  mph expected  here in ipswich !! how   64 to 68 mph ! http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

That's still high enough! Any downgrade is good news as far as I am concerned; I hate wind storms, don't mind admitting that they actually scare me!
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think the post you read was probably a bit of scaremongering - yes it will be a period of sustained winds and rain...but the worst for 130 years?? Nah...can't see it TBH

If im wrong Posted Image !! (But hopefully not!)

It's has a bit of technical truth, the storm is forecast to have a central pressure of around 930mb, which is only slightly higher than the 928mb recorded back in 1881 I believe, but of course the isobars are only squeezed as tight as the st Judes storm b the looks of it, though the affected area by strong winds is much wider and a longer timeframe of which damaging gusts can occur. It's bad but no October 1987 or Burns night storm.

• Like 3

Posted

dont know if its good news  or  not there a slight down grade!!  there  was 75  mph expected  here in ipswich !! how   64 to 68 mph !

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

sorry but it doesn't seem very much of a downgrade.68mph can still cause damage.anything above 45 can cause damage.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I take it this (arrowed) is the beastie to look out for;

post-17085-0-26038600-1387745013_thumb.j

• Like 4