Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

So stormy Next week and for the foreseeable future...  Rain being a major issue now with Rivers so high they are so sensitive..

Is there no end to this Atlantic onslaught?

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

This is more like it sub zero temperatures and a thick white frost - Mr P and I are off out ASAP to make the most of it....hopefully some photos later !

Have a nice day what ever your all doing - TTFN 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I

I would use the Met Office web site, hopefully this works for your location

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observations/newmarket-suffolk#?tab=last24hours&fcTime=1388188800

Nope. Never fell below zero. Like BStE, Newmarket is a town...

So basically there is no accurate UK weather record available (apart from your own weather station) unless you live in a town. Great.

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

El White'O' here, very frosty out (not been out, just observed from inside, behind the window in the warm), temp at a firm 1.1oC, I dod need pop out at some point so will be wrapped up warm when I do, even though it will be a brief trip when I do.

So basically there is no accurate UK weather record available (apart from your own weather station) unless you live in a town. Great.

The met office can't have recording stations in every place so they go with many major towns although here in Bedford the site is based to the north of the town so the reading is more of the countryside than middle of the town and these are air temperatures not ground so although it say 1c it's probably below on the grass.

Another reasonable site is the Highways Agency where all the road temperatures and weather conditions are reported, you need to check the box 'Adverse Weather Conditions' for them to appear. the link below probably goes to near Cambridge but the map can be moved around.

http://www.trafficengland.co.uk/map.aspx?isTrafficAlert=true&lat=52.224087&lon=-0.167965&ct=true

Posted

Well, if it's any help, there was a very strange temperature profile here last night.  It did get below zero (-1.5) very early on in the night, by 05:00 it was up to 1.2C and yet looking at the frost you would think it was -10.

I think the atmosphere is so damp teh frosts are very heavy compared to normal

Posted

Just watched the forecast on BBC news and after today it is not looking good for the next few days, with plenty of wet and windy pulses pushing in from the west again, can see me spending a lot of time in rather than out over the next few days.

Posted

After being on this forum for nearly 9 years, i have finally managed to a photo in the bit on the side (told you i was technical). Luddites rule OK. Bet you all wished I hadn't bothered now! What me bored, even done the wiping up this morning, must be feeling better.

Still a beautiful but cold day out there, in the sun my thermometers registering 3.3, in the shade a thick frost still lingers, looks like 2 pair off socks day for the footsie this afternoon.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all, Back from a lovely holiday to a lovely frost. Hope you all had a lovely christmas and no one suffered too much from those storms i heard about.

Posted

the people  in coast  county here  the latest shipping  forecast 

Strong winds are forecast
24 hour forecast: Wind Westerly 4 or 5, backing southwesterly 5 or 6, then backing southerly 7 to severe gale 9 later. Sea state Moderate, occasionally rough later. Weather Rain later. Visibility Good, becoming moderate or poor later.
Outlook for the following 24 hours: Wind Southerly 7 to severe gale 9, veering westerly 4 or 5, backing southerly 5 to 7 later. Sea state Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough for a time. Weather Rain early and later. Visibility Good, occasionally mode

Posted

just  had  look from now till deep f1  for the people in the flood areas  not good viewing  sorry to say  i  can see storms  at the moment  to Jan 14 with no let  up

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

Posted

Been out and back, see, told you I was quick! (fnar fnar), frost still lingering in the shade, very bright out, should not complain but a bugger to drive in what with the damp roads and all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. I was still up at 02:00 and out looking at such a beautiful clear sky. The stars were so bright and I even saw some meteorites. Lovely. I'm having trouble sleeping at the moment, but seeing things like this....it's not so bad. :)

It's a lovely, sunny but very cold, day in Ippy with really blue sky now and that's good for me plane spotting. :)

Hope you all have a good day and are making the most of the decent conditions. Take care, all. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Posted

Just went to window and had a look outside, its clear and sunny and its wet so its either been raining or else frost has melted.

Southernman is saying he is very cold, I'm actually warm, maybe he is going down with this lurgy.

All calm here no wind just waiting for after midnight again then.

Posted

Just looked in the sink (not the bowl) and it is grim!, like to say it is grime but that would be wrong (out with the cleaning stuff then)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

What a lovely weekend it has been. Sunny yesterday and sunny today. Shame the future looks so bleak with wind and rain relentless for the foreseeable. 

Posted

What a lovely weekend it has been. Sunny yesterday and sunny today. Shame the future looks so bleak with wind and rain relentless for the foreseeable. 

Yes, very much so, forecast this morning was grim viewing.

Posted

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk_affected_by_icy_roads_1_3158875

wow, look at this, I did not realise how bad it was out there today, 13 accidents on ice.

Southernman has to go to Reedham for his shift  tonight, and I think it'll start getting frosty around the time he comes back.

Posted

Here is more information about the black ice, sounds like a bad crash with the fire engine.

Warning to drivers over region's icy roads

Black ice across the region's roads has caused a spate of accidents this morning.

A crash on the M11 in Cambridgeshire involved three cars, a lorry and a fire engine.

The East of England Ambulance Service said it was called to 14 incidents involving ice between 6am and 9am.

A spokesman for the service said there had been a number of serious injuries, including a pedestrian who had been involved in a crash in Caxton in Cambridgeshire.

They are warning motorists to take extra care in the cold weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk_affected_by_icy_roads_1_3158875

wow, look at this, I did not realise how bad it was out there today, 13 accidents on ice.

Southernman has to go to Reedham for his shift  tonight, and I think it'll start getting frosty around the time he comes back.

Rain is coming in this evening, so I wouldn't expect ice to be much of a problem, or at worst a fleeting one as the temperatures rise.

Posted

Rain is coming in this evening, so I wouldn't expect ice to be much of a problem, or at worst a fleeting one as the temperatures rise.

ok, thanks, not that we reallly want more rain either, but I do worry about the ice.

Posted

ok, thanks, not that we reallly want more rain either, but I do worry about the ice.

I would worry more about the flying cats when the front crosses.

• Like 1