Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

more  rain for  the  poor old wet s/e something  we  don't need  at  the moment  should be  in our  area in about an hour leading edge  is  just  over Southampton IOW Portsmouth  at  the   moment

Posted

WEATHER  WARNING 

Issued at: 1148 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

Valid from: 0900 on Sun 5 Jan 2014

Valid to: 2359 on Sun 5 Jan 2014

Outbreaks of rain, heavy at times, will move northeast across the UK on Sunday accompanied by strong winds. Quite widespread accumulations of 10-15 mm are likely across southern areas with locally in excess of 30 mm possible over some higher ground.This additional rainfall, following the recent very wet weather, means that the public should be aware of an increased risk of both surface water and river flooding as well as disruption to transport.This warning has been updated to adjust the area most at risk from disruption.
Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Been out to shop to get some detox supplies and what a difference an hour makes, was sunny then, now the cloud has arrived and the breeze is starting to pick up also, no rain yet, but we all know its on its way.

Did notice on the radar the rain band seems thinner than forecast to me so expect it to move through more quickly too.

Posted

Seems calm here, Southernman finally made it home at quarter to one this morning after car broke down, at least it wasn't bitterly cold while waiting for breakdown truck.

Now my mind is on the weather at the end of january/start february as Southernman is off on his long trek south then, it would be just his luck to set off in a massive snowstorm!

Posted

Just put the black bag rubbish out and did not bother with a coat and brrrrrrr! it does not appear to be warming up just yet, more cloud seems to have arrived and gone very dull here now, still the light breeze but no rain so far.

Posted

Been helping hubby fix the roof before the next lot arrives.  Well I held the ladders, that's helping. ;)

Really grey and grim here now. Temp 5.7c

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon All,

A lovely sunny start here today - naturally, it's clouded over now though Posted Image 

Taking the Christmas decorations down today and back to work tomorrow for the first time since the 23rd December.  Something tells me I will have the Sunday night blues later!

Have a lovely Sunday

SR

Edited by snow raven
  • Like 7

Posted

Took my decs down today as well, did not take long, all I had up was half a dozen cuts of holly.

Traffic on the roads tomorrow is going to be a mare, bad weather added in with schools going back and many returning to work.

Posted

This sounds better!

Correct as we head into 10-15d trend period (i.e. as affecting S/SE especially). As of 00z EC, circa 40% of EPS members build pressure to NE with increasing easterly component to low-level flow. This signal is one to watch, clearly - especially given some recent similar MOGREPS-15 indications of much colder options (still in a minority but instructive nonetheless). The longer-term colder indication (as per 30d forecast summary) is a separate matter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Message for Mr Tom and Mr Chris ....pretty please but can I enter my 1mm of slush on the windscreen into the snow depth cup ? *begs*

post-10773-0-09779500-1388930458_thumb.j

It's raining here again now but stayed dry for the very successful shopping trip - piggy pork roast dinner and a lazy afternoon watching TV is on the cards now :-)

Talking of cards if anyone want to get their special chrimbo cards in the sale Clinton's have them 3 for a quid (even the posh ones that were a fiver each)

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. :)

Early Sun (with altocumulus cloud, which might have provided a great sunrise, if I could have been up to see it...) has given way to cloud. Now awaiting the rain showing to my west on the radar.

Definitely talk of colder weather (easterlies?) on the Model thread, but this is still too far off for me to become too excited. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Afternoon All,

A lovely sunny start here today - naturally, it's clouded over now though Posted Image 

Taking the Christmas decorations down today and back to work tomorrow for the first time since the 23rd December.  Something tells me I will have the Sunday night blues later!

Have a lovely Sunday

SR

Took our decorations down on Friday, wish I'd seen this first though .....

post-10773-0-79756900-1388931394_thumb.j

....way to go, would have saved ages !

• Like 7

Mk fab way to put Xmas tree away lol !

Just finished watching day after tomorrow had to get my snow fix from somewhere ! Can smell the cold air maybe a sniffter of snow heading our way soon ? Or maybe my DVD snow fix has given me wishful thinking ? Not to that extent thou :)

• Like 4

Posted

Are the trains going to be running tomorrow in he south east, around London and Brighton?

Should be ok, apart from between Horsham and Dorking where the landslip was (which by the way won't be sorted until Feburary!!).

Posted

The rain band never really made it across the country then.

I was just looking at the radar as it seems dry and even a bit brighter out and your right, it seems to have all but gone.

Posted

I was just looking at the radar as it seems dry and even a bit brighter out and your right, it seems to have all but gone.

I now don't have an excuse to go outside and chop up the Christmas tree to put it in the compost bin :(

Posted

I now don't have an excuse to go outside and chop up the Christmas tree to put it in the compost bin Posted Image

Your one of a falling number of people with real trees, one thing I always hated was having to get rid of it afterwards (and the shed needles everywhere), mine just goes back in the box (that said it has not been used for the last two times).

Posted

Ah, might have been a blip with the radar (thought it all went a bit too quickly), but for our region very little has made it to EA and even whar is showing for the south coast/SE is quite low, see more centric to the North and West and Ireland at present, some large heavy blobs out to the SW moving in though.

Posted

Some more rain here now, windy but not too bad (yet), if I had know the day was going to be drier than expected I would have planned to go out for a while, oh well, had a day in on here and even had the TV on now and again whilst pottering round doing other little jobs, at least it is warm inside.

I notice that the news channels have latched onto the word PV which is used so frequently in the Model thread, must say it looks rather cold over there and I really don't think our part of the world would be able to cope with those temperatures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25609411

Minus five in the MK Snowzone was bad enough this afternoon and really bought home the memories of last year when we had cold days and nights.

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 2