Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A lot less cloud here in Solihull and feels warmer that yesterday with temps reaching 24.2c. Looking out East of Brum clouds building.

Them pesky showers can stay away.... Loving the sunshine today Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A hot 25c here!

Posted

A hot 25c here!

Sorry!, lost track of where you are.......still up here ? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sorry!, lost track of where you are.......still up here ? :)

Yep here in Stourbridge.

Posted

So so so much better today that yesterday :D  You've beat me by 0.5c, Anyway do ya think you'll change your name back, when the summers out of the way!

Here's one.....Costa Del Blizzards 8) 

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Truly gorgeous evening, was sunny spells/hazy whilst I was in work but since I got home rich blue sky, cloudless and a refreshing cheshire gap breeze.

Rather rare to see a day to turn clear and sunny from the Cheshire Gap direction and cloudzilla further south/east, usually it's the opposite!

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm now suffering severe rainfall withdrawal symptoms, only made worse by the sight of large Cb clouds on the eastern horizon from mid-afternoon while here it continues to do a passable impression of Mediterranean weather.

Posted

Posted ImageDefinitely makes you appreciate summer when you finish on days like this :D

post-11006-0-36847700-1403547571_thumb.j

Posted

Here in Gloucester it hit 80F.

And about an hour ago we had an almost monsoon like downpour but not one flash or bang to go with it.

Not sure why we have done so well with the storms in last couple of months but not complaining 

And it means... I dont need to water the garden ! 

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

Posted

Yes, it tipped it down here, walking the dog at the time, got soaked!! No thunder though, thought it might looking at the clouds.

Posted

Another nice afternoon/evening, clear except for a line of towering cumulus visible very low on the E horizon. I guessed they were over Birmingham, but on the satellite there's nothing nearer than Lincolnshire and Norfolk. They must be really high tops to see from here. 

Posted

No watering the garden for you pair then :) i think my spinkler will be coming out later due to my lawn having withdrawal problems   Posted Image

Still lovely.... 20.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Another nice afternoon/evening, clear except for a line of towering cumulus visible very low on the E horizon. I guessed they were over Birmingham, but on the satellite there's nothing nearer than Lincolnshire and Norfolk. They must be really high tops to see from here. 

yeah and here, can see the cumulus bank to the east

Posted

yeah and here, can see the cumulus bank to the east

Got nowhere near Birmingham, closest they got to brum was around the Leicester/derby/ Notts area as you can see on Sat24 http://www.sat24.com/af/gb

post-11006-0-31431500-1403556107_thumb.j

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

15th consecutive dry day here.  Garden could certainly do with some rain now, grass is brown on the edges, but I'm not going to water it!  It recovered after last year's hot and dry spell and it will again.

Posted

Recently we seem to have been in one of the best locations if you want unbroken sun and warmth, close enough to the coast for a sea breeze to fend off any inland cloud build up (at least where the sun is positioned), but temperatures still not really down much on inland values (although a bit cooler yesterday evening). Max yesterday was 24.8cmin of 9.7c here in the valley last night, now 20.0c and clear. An offshore breeze today so may get a little cloud build up this time but probably heading towards 24/25c again

I'm still not convinced the weekend into next week will be especially bad..  looks more like sunshine and showers under a relatively slack low to me (but I guess that may be bad for some peoples activities/preferences..)

Posted

Hi guys, I don't post on here very often but I wondered of anyone with much greater weather knowledge than me would be perpared to hazard a guess at to the potential weather forecast for August for Pembrokeshire.  The first two weeks I'm on holiday down there and last year the same fortnight was absolutely glorious with me and my family getting about 10 days on the beaches.

I've seen conflicting predictions with some 'weather gurus' saying August will be naff with a lot of cool and wet weather about whilst others say that August will be potentially the best of the three summer months although June hasn't been bad so far!

i don't understand synoptics and charts very well so I was hoping that some of you would be able to give a bit of guidance as to what the models are saying.  Thanks very much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful start to the day here with virtually clear skies and the odd cirrus cloud around.

Posted

Hi guys, I don't post on here very often but I wondered of anyone with much greater weather knowledge than me would be perpared to hazard a guess at to the potential weather forecast for August for Pembrokeshire.  The first two weeks I'm on holiday down there and last year the same fortnight was absolutely glorious with me and my family getting about 10 days on the beaches.

I've seen conflicting predictions with some 'weather gurus' saying August will be naff with a lot of cool and wet weather about whilst others say that August will be potentially the best of the three summer months although June hasn't been bad so far!

i don't understand synoptics and charts very well so I was hoping that some of you would be able to give a bit of guidance as to what the models are saying.  Thanks very much.

Quite frankly Fender your guess is as good as anyone else. The best place for the opinions of weather garus is in the bin. I'm afraid the way things are regarding the models at the moment it would be a brave man who put money on the weather next week let alone August. Still seeing that it's Wales wet would probably be favourite. :)

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Lovely day again today, with light winds and blue sky.... shame I'm stuck in work.

Hoping the unsettled spell due for the end of the week doesn't turn into a cloudy murky cool drizzle fest, rather a showery sunny one.

Posted

Someone nuke that cloud coming from the NW!!!

Supposed to be having a BBQ later. :(

Falmouth basking in stunning clear blue skies again...

Posted

Someone nuke that cloud coming from the NW!!!

Supposed to be having a BBQ later. :(

Falmouth basking in stunning clear blue skies again...

Sorry! cloud incoming from the north, at least it will stay dry :whistling:(touch wood that is) max to 21c at best, not like the 25s we had yesterday.

The end of the week into the weekend is looking :bad:

post-11006-0-86530100-1403604966_thumb.j

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Looks like it will rain on my Birthday next Monday for the first time in years. :(

Edited by Costa Del Fal