Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2014/15.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, snow

lol, theres cold appearing in FI which wont happen. same old

Edited by hec1
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

lol, theres cold appearing in FI which wont happen. same old

Agree though, party spoiler, but being realistic, the Atlantic will be in charge late Nov

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

here's a nice topical ramp for you, out in the far reaches of FI........if you're near the east coast, then you've hit the jackpot,....and damned cold everywhere else!

post-4149-0-66319000-1416094215_thumb.pn  post-4149-0-92775400-1416094234_thumb.pn

Posted

Winter 14/15 has just left the rollercoaster station!

Strap yourselves in for the 3 to 4 month ride.

Stock up the fridge with your favourite tipple. It's time to ditch the tv and tune into the weather equivalent of Eastenders.

So many ups and downs.

• Like 6

Posted

here's a nice topical ramp for you, out in the far reaches of FI........if you're near the east coast, then you've hit the jackpot,....and damned cold everywhere else!

attachicon.gifviewimage (5).png  attachicon.gifviewimage (6).png

I don't mind as long as its cold can't beat frosty mornings and icy days much more seasonal :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes some fantastic charts tonight, Very nice to see! (yes i know they will change..)

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Is it just me or is anyone else getting 2009/2010 vibes tonight? :cold:

Yep - beginning to think there's a complete flip in model prediction for next few weeks a coming.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I was also wondering what the 1534 was, thought it was a code for a USA model.. So it's the. GFS parallel.

All aboard!!post-15543-0-91834400-1416097461_thumb.j

Fascinating and Mouthwatering charts from the. GFS pub run, certainly the word potential can be muttered, can the morning runs continue the trend. Hmm

Edited by Mark N

Posted

Good signs and although it's not without some support from other models this is from the 'pub run' often dismissed in winter as inaccurate when it doesn't show cold or what people want to see.

I'll wait a bit longer to get excited on this one. Saying that, anything from the east is often poor snow wise for this area.

• Like 1

Posted

Get the cold in first.

A great example of the 'risk takers' views coming to fruition as opposed to the risk averse public sector safety first views winning the day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Nitro, while 9 times out of 10 Very cold FI charts won't verify, they have to at some point. In the middle of November 10 FI started to show very cold charts, which verified! It's always FI when the models first pick up signs of a cold spell. The GFS tonight in FI showed -8 uppers over the whole of the UK which would most likely result in all precipitation being snow, that's certainly not that cold, and is a perfectly normal thing to happen with a polar maritime climate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Winter 14/15 has just left the rollercoaster station!

Strap yourselves in for the 3 to 4 month ride.

Stock up the fridge with your favourite tipple. It's time to ditch the tv and tune into the weather equivalent of Eastenders.

So many ups and downs.

I hope not, Eastenders seems to me to be a never ending cycle of 'downs', with 'ups' very few and far between. :help:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Ramp...moan...or hopecast? All going on now :)

All a fantasy...been here loads a times!

its a waste of time imho until its moves to within a reliable timeframe with support. what does look more likely atm is some more real warmth (mildness) as we MIGHT pick up a deep rooted southerly, and this is in the semi reliable timeframe with support (anomalys)

post-2797-0-90488600-1416129186_thumb.gi

• Like 2

Posted

We have been here so many times before. Does anyone remember November 2012(or around there)? The charts were amazing and showing another 63/2010 on the cards and I remember something like 1000 people were visiting this forum. In the end nothing happened. 

• Like 1

Posted

its a waste of time imho until its moves to within a reliable timeframe with support. what does look more likely atm is some more real warmth (mildness) as we MIGHT pick up a deep rooted southerly, and this is in the semi reliable timeframe with support (anomalys)

attachicon.gifRtavn1682.gif

I do not agree there mushy, but we can differ over what we feel the anomaly charts show. This is what the forum is all about, showing charts and discussing them. You or I may turn out right, you and I may both turn out wrong. You have to agree this has happened before to both of us.

• Like 4

Posted

What it does show IMHO is what has already been mentioned, and at a risk of stating the obvious, It's very dependent on the precise surface analysis. An example.

post-12275-0-03095200-1416131068_thumb.p

post-12275-0-70698200-1416131075_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Get the cold in first.

A great example of the 'risk takers' views coming to fruition as opposed to the risk averse public sector safety first views winning the day.

What exactly do you mean by that?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Storms and floods in Southern France ! Southerly jet responsible? Reminiscent of our weather last year. Let's hope these signals progress and provide some long term blocking. An Easterly always brings us white stuff eventually down south.

Posted

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of these 'holding patterns', sometimes they can lead to cold but quite often they only serve to delay the inevitable, if it's the latter which is probably still the most likely on balance then I'd much rather see the Atlantic just roll through unapossed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

I like to see this pressure building over europe especially to north, central and eastern parts of europe should start cooling down this week and it could just fall right for us seeing a drift this way right at end of month, nearer to crimbo would be better given the warm north sea would moderate the cold for a while.

Posted

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of these 'holding patterns', sometimes they can lead to cold but quite often they only serve to delay the inevitable, if it's the latter which is probably still the most likely on balance then I'd much rather see the Atlantic just roll through unapossed.

So you would like continuous westerly winds and rain???

Just asking