Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Well, I've been measuring the severity of the winter by the number of cars in the deep ditch on the back road into Shipton-by-Benningbrough.

Not as scientific as other methods perhaps but there were none last year.

Already seen one on my way into work Sunday night...

Occupants out safely luckily as it's a deep ditch.

What will the rest of winter bring?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Well, I've been measuring the severity of the winter by the number of cars in the deep ditch on the back road into Shipton-by-Benningbrough.

Not as scientific as other methods perhaps but there were none last year.

Already seen one on my way into work Sunday night...

Occupants out safely luckily as it's a deep ditch.

What will the rest of winter bring?

Haha, love that road. Has a nice mixture of long straights, smooth flowing bends but also the tight corners when you arrive in Shipton. Luckily I;ve kept it on the tarmac so far :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think here in yorkshire it's time to make sure everything is tied down and take cover. Looks like we could see winds in excess of 70mph starting Friday and over the weekend. Can see some damage from this unfortunately. Take care guys and stay safe.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes its looking like a lively weekend to come to say the least! Winds are very strong and gusty tonight even. Looking forward to seeing what happens Friday night into Saturday.

Even the prospect of a few snow showers coming in Sat and Sun maybe? That would be nice :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes i think this Friday and saturday could give us some nice little accumulations! It just takes a nice band of showers to keep pumping over us and who knows. Only issue is if they make it over the Pennines but in a strong flow it should be ok!!

Posted

Looks like most of Yorkshire is just below the yellow warning for snow unfortunately. Having said that, western areas do usualy see the showers in a NWerly so i hope we get some :)

Posted

Just had a couple of really heavy hail showers. Covered everything white up here for a few mins! Some really impressive clouds today, great sky scapes :good:

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Met Office Warnings Issued For: West Yorkshire

1. Yellow early warning of snow From: 0600 on Sat 10 January To: 1200 on Sun 11 January
    Updated 5 hours ago

Heavy showers are likely across the warning area, these falling as snow at low levels across much of Scotland and Northern Ireland, but over high ground further south. Within the area there could be localised small snow accumulations away from immediate coasts at low levels in the north, whilst over high ground 5-15 cm may occur in places. Temperatures will fall significantly during Saturday, this also posing the risk of ice where showers occur.

The public should be aware of the risk of some difficult driving conditions.

• Like 1

Posted

it's dead on here, you wouldn't think there was a chance of snow this weekend :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

it's dead on here, you wouldn't think there was a chance of snow this weekend :closedeyes:

Too warm for snow I'm afraid. Good chance of a new hair do courtesy of the wind. Going feel like late March early April Friday and Saturday.

Posted

What is there to discuss lol its showery flow so models won't be of any use.

Case of radar watching on the day.

If met office are believed we could see a covering.

Posted

What is there to discuss lol its showery flow so models won't be of any use.

Case of radar watching on the day.

If met office are believed we could see a covering.

dunno but the other regionals are busy buts its just always dead on here :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

It's been dead for a couple of years now used to be really busy at one point. Then again I never post on here these days either, last winter I probably posted once.

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

BBC are forecasting light snow showers here on Saturday night, and I'm 25 miles from the east coast, so you pennine lot could have a good chance espech if there are any streamers. Im snowboarding at Xscape in Castleford on Saturday evening then me and the missus are heading to the Yorkshire Dales for an night chase. Looking further ahead, GFS op shows 2 big snow events due to lows tracking south on the cold PM flow, so although no "real cold" forecast, plenty of interest to keep us on our toes until the beast from the east arrives in Feb :)

• Like 2

Posted

I always try and post in here, im very happy to chat to anyone about the weather, especialy in winter :)

Ive spoke to you guys a few times on here over the past few months so feel free to chat!

I always prefer these set-ups thats coming next week, sometimes cold just means dry, so id rather it be 1c and heavy snow each day rather than -2 and clear. The best is like what we had at Christmas where we get a good fall first then it sticks cuz its cold after. Thats what we need :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Starting to get a bit breezy here now, just seen the footage from eastern Med regions...sub zero temps and heavy snow...!! then looked at USA news, many states experiencing temps of -20degC and heavy snow aswell...charming...

Posted

Its blowing an absolute gale up here atm, can feel the house move. And this isnt even the strongest storm. Even worse tomorrow night! Glad im not at top of Scotland tonight thats for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Got windy around midnight with 65 mph but got quieter soon after but still windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Morning all,

Seems windier now than overnight.

Gusting to just over 40 mph according to nearby Leconfield readings.

Sounds more !

The Scots are having a wild time of it.  Yikes.

Wonder what we'll get in our region over the coming days.

B.  :)

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Relatively 'normal' day here today. Just waiting on the significant rain we due.

Getting VERY worried about the storms next week. Good potential for a lot of snow early part of the week then followed by what could be a storm that could make 1987's one look minor; and unfortunately its the North of England keeps being in the main firing line for that one. All up in the air at the moment, but am really hoping it doesn't play out as currently predicted.

Going to check all the trees later just to ensure they all should survive if we do end up getting 100+ mph winds :(

Posted

Extended yellow warning now for snow affecting North, West and South Yorkshire :D   Could be a fun afternoon tomorrow and overnight into Sunday watching snow fall. Fingers crossed!

Posted

I'm travelling up to Leeds this weekend for a few days, and was planning to travel back to Hertfordshire (For about 10 days) on Thursday... However, I think I'm going to leave it a few days and see what the models are saying about the potential storms. Thankfully, with it still being so far away, in weather terms, there's still time for change. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Extended yellow warning now for snow affecting North, West and South Yorkshire :D   Could be a fun afternoon tomorrow and overnight into Sunday watching snow fall. Fingers crossed!

Yes now under 3 weather warnings -

Rain (This afternoon / tonight)

Wind (Tonight / Tomorrow morning)

Snow (and Ice - Saturday / Sunday)

Cant remember the last time we had such diverse warnings out within 24 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Spare a thought for us poor souls on the flat land on the East Riding coast...whichever way snow comes from it has many obstacles to overcome before we see any, from the W/NW it's blocked by the Moors/Wolds, from the N+E we have a relatively warm sea, the only chance is of real cold here is from the SE off the near continent, which doesn't look too likely ths winter...again...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Spare a thought for us poor souls on the flat land on the East Riding coast...whichever way snow comes from it has many obstacles to overcome before we see any, from the W/NW it's blocked by the Moors/Wolds, from the N+E we have a relatively warm sea, the only chance is of real cold here is from the SE off the near continent, which doesn't look too likely ths winter...again...

Yes indeed.  I'm 7 miles inland, but only c. 2m above sea level.

B.