Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Another brief grass frost yesterday, followed by a nice sunny day.

This morning it's grey and raining, but a touch sleety with just a little elevation i.e. A96 at Tyrebagger. Couldn't see the hills to the West of the village when I left this morning as they were shrouded in cloud, but I suspect they will have at least some wet snow on them. They had a thin covering of wet looking stuff on Tuesday evening after some heavy showers had passed.

Posted

Nice to have that wee sneaky snaw earlier (did lay on grass/roofs briefly but all gone now) mountains covered

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Woke up to a few cms of snow this morning but was gone by lunchtime to leave a sunny but breezy day. Not bad at all :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

What's that then? Content blocked by spam filter!

Elsewhere, something wintry for next week, sir? Not seen anything other than a tincy bit of hail this week here.

In other places... here's some reading for those who think 'swear filters' are a wonder of technology:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/27/filthy-literature-clean-reader-app-profanities-ebooks

Good stuff there! Meanwhile we have to deal with mongoose, bad word and dog biscuits.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin'all! Back to the usual crappy gales and horizontal rain again!Oh how I've missed it....not!

Posted

Mornin'all! Back to the usual crappy gales and horizontal rain again!Oh how I've missed it....not!

We have the same gales, no rain however after a brief splash overnight and currently bright sunshine and 13.5c. Some very violent gusts and the dust  storms are starting in the fields round Forres

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Very very wet overnight here in Dumfries. Frequent heavy showers have battered the windows but there was a 10 minute spell of sunshine just after 12 and that was very pleasant. Sun feels warm now and is much higher in the sky than a couple weeks ago.

It'll soon be the tanning season!

I can see the contrast being especially great if the predicted cool weather of next weekend lasts until mid April as 20c is more than possible in 3/4 weeks time. In comparison to the seemingly endless 7-10c maxes we have had recently.

Ironically... Currently 11.4c but doesn't feel that great now it's cloudy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

IS there no sign of any warmth at all? I desperately want to get a weekend up north but need it to be nice weather.

Posted

Well I'm f.......ed, ie flummoxed.  Charts for north Scotland look absolutely Baltic for the next week, yet all I hear on the Beeb and the MT is for a wonderful Easter.  Are there two versions of reality operating in the UK? (Don't answer that, SS!)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Hairy spring begins when the first ray of sunshine hits Essex ...how can you not know that! Lol!

Anyway I am delighted the Ski Centres are getting hammered with snow. Looking forward to a good ski weekend next week. Might even be low level snow from tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Hairy spring begins when the first ray of sunshine hits Essex ...how can you not know that! Lol!

Anyway I am delighted the Ski Centres are getting hammered with snow. Looking forward to a good ski weekend next week. Might even be low level snow from tonight.

Yep, a great forecast for them.

A bit strange since I do to see much above 16/17c even in Hampshire, London, Essex etc. Not a 'warm' Easter anywhere in the UK IMO. Positively freezing in Northern Scotland.

The consolation (for warmth lovers) is that the Azores high is trying hard to get in on the act which is a good sign going forward and more importantly it's very early still.

It would be like getting cold air in October, perhaps a surprise snowfall or two possible but you'd want the main course to be in January. By that token, I'm happy to wait until late May - Early September for summer proper to arrive, get the chilly air out the way first

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy hailstone shower in Peterculter about half five, got a few good cm's of hail, which is still lying.

post-700-0-65728800-1427656077_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kerwin
  • Like 4

Posted

Fine cool day until  late afternoon when there was a heavy shower. Currently cloudy and 3c which may be the average temperature for the rest of the week if the local forecast is correct. May not be a lot of spring growth if this happens.Daffodils which are just flowering have very short stems even in sheltered south facing locations. North facing locations will not have daffodils flowering for another 10 days or so

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

BST begins and................we have sleet. Lovely jubbly!

• Like 1

Posted

Just looked out door and we too have snow falling at 1.5c. May be white in the morning.

Posted

Heavy... rain on the north coast this evening, and some poky gusts in the last couple of hours, nothing to do with the spring greens. Noisy 'garden pea' © Co-op loved by us -sized hail just now too.

Sleet on the way up past Forsinard earlier so snow is on the menu soon.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Sunny start with a fresh west wind and currently 0c .A covering of overnight snow with ice on any puddles.

Just the musings of a grumpy old farmer but we seem to have had a lot of cold from a westerly direction these last few months and especially now in almost April we usually need an Arctic northerly to give us lying snow and freezing temperatures. Any thoughts from those with more knowledge than me. Are sea temperatures to the west of us lower than usual?

• Like 1