Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

for what period? certainly nothing marginal Sat night up to Tues?problem with that, its FI

Up until Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Up until Sunday.

always was, rain all the way fri and sat, nothing changed there, Wed night and Thurs snow chances for far north of the region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Pub runs gone mental.... in a good way....the MOD just went thru 3 pages in a few mins.... something's  cooking folks and maybe just maybe the waiter is about to bring us over a menu....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Pub run lives up to its name much more ppn about giving us better snow chances if the showers come at night on wed they will be snow only friday and sat morning looks marginal to me. And in fi the pub run just couldnt be any better lots of snow chances and deep cold.

Pub runs gone mental.... in a good way....the MOD just went thru 3 pages in a few mins.... something's  cooking folks and maybe just maybe the waiter is about to bring us over a menu....

Yh it was a thing of beauty short and long term i think your area is going to get smashed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

So I totally understand the Model thread is for discussing model output and all that stuff. BUT:

When people get all excited about charts they are posting 7+ days away I kind of think they are crazy. I mean we don't really fully understand whats going to happen in 24 hours most of the time. 

I guess it's always fun to discuss what could happen though. But I do laugh a little when everyone sulks when the next model run throws it out the window :p 

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted

So I totally understand the Model thread is for discussing model output and all that stuff.

BUT

When people get all excited about charts they are posting 7+ days away I kind of think they are crazy. I mean we don't really fully understand whats going to happen in 24 hours most of the time.

True but the building blocks arent that far away but much chopping and changing to come. But we know we have at least a week of proper cold and snow in places. That is nailed on now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I still think there's uncertainty for Friday come Saturday, the 18z GFS and the Met office FAX charts are miles apart

gfs-0-54_cea1.pngpost-11006-0-72556200-1422399473_thumb.p

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

You know I bet if I guessed on three weather parameters for 9 days time, I would be correct just as often as the models are.

I'll go for the following conditions in the midlands at 9pm in 9 days. I havn't looked at the model output this far out, nor can I really remember it much beyond 2 or 3 days, so I promise it's a guess!

-5c 850 temps

1c 2m temps

Dry

I'll return to this post in 10 days and compare :p *puts reminder on phone*.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Kinda hope the GFS hasn't had too much to drink from the pub tonight. It's probably been doing too much partying with the ECMWF. I suppose, though, there has been a recent trend to try prolong the upcoming colder spell with better ridging in the Atlantic and the possibility that the ridge could eventually get drawn Eastwards towards Scandinvia. But even if not, then it still looks like quite an interesting period of weather coming up (especially if you like wintry weather) with some rain, sleet and snow possibilities at times. And with the wind flow looking to generally be between the West and North (possibly even North-East, but even this could change), hopefully most, if not all, Midlands snow fans will get in on the white action at some point!

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted

Pub run lives up to its name much more ppn about giving us better snow chances if the showers come at night on wed they will be snow only friday and sat morning looks marginal to me. And in fi the pub run just couldnt be any better lots of snow chances and deep cold.

Yh it was a thing of beauty short and long term i think your area is going to get smashed

im not getting to carried away just yet but things sure do seem to be looking good if the charts keep this up I think it could be jackpot time in the Midlands...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I still think there's uncertainty for Friday come Saturday, the 12z GFS and the Met office FAX charts are miles apart

gfs-0-54_cea1.pngattachicon.gifCapture.PNG

That is one big ass trough on thw FAX chart! If that falls as snow, most of us in here will be happy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

That is one big ass trough on thw FAX chart! If that falls as snow, most of us in here will be happy.

The 12:00 Tuesday Fax charts are interesting, there's troughs everywhere over the next few days http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1422748800

Love Sundays chart, that front is slap bang over the Midlands with the colder air over us...... SNOWFALL all the way.

post-11006-0-10176600-1422401418_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

quick one!! 18z euro4 is brilliant for the midlands tomorrow night and practically all day Thursday with bands of snow showers sweeping though and temps hovering around 0/1 degrees and dew points of -3!!

Posted

Confusing on here. Some saying we will get no snow and we are in the

worst position possible in the West Midlands and others saying it is looking

good for snow.

Best thing you can do is keep your eye looking out the window....as showers will pop up anywhere..

• Like 2

Posted

quick one!! 18z euro4 is brilliant for the midlands tomorrow night and practically all day Thursday with bands of snow showers sweeping though and temps hovering around 0/1 degrees and dew points of -3!!

Looking like any showers will hit Oxford area or will Leicester get all the fun?

Posted

Wolf, we really can't tell, there will be some showers in mids but to what extent we don't know, just wait till tomorrow to now cast and don't get worked up!

Decent looking fax charts but let's not get drawn Into thinking the ramping in the MOD thread is fact again guys

• Like 3

Posted

Looking like any showers will hit Oxford area or will Leicester get all the fun?

according to the euro4 leicester looks in a.pretty sweet spot for once! ! Dont wana jinx it for us but its looking pretty damn good for us for once!!

Posted

according to the euro4 leicester looks in a.pretty sweet spot for once! ! Dont wana jinx it for us but its looking pretty damn good for us for once!!

Haha, well you've just jinxed it then :p

Are you a fan of Leicester City by any chance?

• Like 1

Posted

Confusing on here. Some saying we will get no snow and we are in the

worst position possible in the West Midlands and others saying it is looking

good for snow.

Just different opinions wed nite into thurs morn look gd for snow. Fri probs rain , weekend looks very interesting for the whole of the uk but expect short term changes wether its good or bad.

Posted

How did it look for birmingham Shaky

Posted

Cheers for the replys guys and girls.

Hope we all do well in the Midlands.

Its been a very frustrating couple of years without any notable

snow and we deserve some!

I am guilty of ranting when things go tits up but that's just my passion for snow taking over!

Edited by The Wolf

Posted

http://www.banburycake.co.uk/news/11752504.Snow_forecast_to_hit_Oxfordshire_on_Thursday_morning/

Heavy snow is set to hit the county on Thursday morning, according to the Met Office.

The latest forecast predicts heavy snowfall in Chipping Norton, Bicester and Banbury between midnight and 9am.

Light snow is also expected in Oxford, Witney, Didcot, Abingdon, Wallingford and Faringdon.

Snow is also predicted in Chipping Norton and Banbury again on Friday morning.

(Not sure if they swallowed a copy of the Daily Express, when this was published though!)

Edited by 'ColdIsBest'

Posted

Time to head to my pit for some kip that's if child allows any kind of proper sleep that is...tomorrow is going to be a busy day in here and I for one am chomping at the bit to see this cold spell unfold and evolve....

All the best to everybody in the Midlands thread..be lucky and if your not just keep the faith your time will come Night folks.

• Like 1