Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Latest bbc chart shows all snow for midlands even further south. Do we belive it.

Can it snow at 6 degrees, Shows how rapid the temps will drop as the front moves through

bbc temps often overdone, that's moe of an April map, with temps 6C but dropping in showers, max of 6C late Jan = rain, so something wrong

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

dunno what it is but bbc forecasts always have higher temps than the models by 2 or 3 degrees!! Its been happening ever since i can rmremember! ! Thought they would have sorted it out by now! !

Looking at the Map that snowangel32 kindly posted you've got London and Cardiff at 6c and right out there to the East Norwich at 4c and up North Manchester at 4c.

Us in the Midlands don't exist and when they do pan in, Birmingham would be around 3c.

post-18133-0-95546300-1422362120.png

As early as tomorrow evening we will see SNOWFALL in the form of showers.

Weds night looks good :D hoping to see a good covering come Thurs morning. snow-day.gif

post-11006-0-78235000-1422366250_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Temperatures will drop in any showers and rise in the sunny periods in between. I was watching a Jan 2010 forecast last night, and even that showed temps of around 4 °C for the Midlands before the snow moved in. So I don't think there's cause to worry about the 6 °C symbols on the map. The big if is who will get precip at all, not whether it'll be cold enough -- for late tomorrow/early Thurs, that is. Different story 24 hours later, but one thing at a time! :)

Posted

Aye, and in any case, the actual BBC forecast for Evesham, for example, has a maximum temp all day of just 3c - so the fact it may reach 6c in Cardiff is not a great concern :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Euro4 06z looks tasty for all the midlands! !stream of snow showers coming through during the night! !

NMM is similar. They look quite sparse though. Definitely be a case of some getting a decent shower of snow and others getting nothing I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

NMM is similar. They look quite sparse though. Definitely be a case of some getting a decent shower of snow and others getting nothing I think.

Sadly it's always been the case in these type of setups. Some people will be happy and some people that see nothing will be annoyed/jealous that someone 10-20 miles down the road has snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c met got yellow warning for stafs so u guys might get a dusting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Still snowing in NY.....  Who will be the first of us in the Midlands to see snow this time round???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

bbc temps often overdone, that's moe of an April map, with temps 6C but dropping in showers, max of 6C late Jan = rain, so something wrong

yes it most certainly can snow at 7c but it needs to be at least 3c or below for it to settle.

• Like 1

Posted

Still snowing in NY.....  Who will be the first of us in the Midlands to see snow this time round???

My money is on Staffordshire tomorrow evening when the winds veer NW and the colder air digs in behind the main front.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

My money is on Staffordshire tomorrow evening when the winds veer NW and the colder air digs in behind the main front.

I would put my bet on Derbyshire looks to be a lot of shower activity so I think we will all get a covering wed nite into Thurs morn. And the new york snow blizzard just shows no forecast is set in stone some very red faces in new York right now lol.

Posted

I would put my bet on Derbyshire looks to be a lot of shower activity so I think we will all get a covering wed nite into Thurs morn. And the new york snow blizzard just shows no forecast is set in stone some very red faces in new York right now lol.

What happened there? I didn't even follow it, would have made me very envious so I decided not to :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I am willing to bet it won't be Stratford, I doubt we will even see a flake..

Posted

What happened there? I didn't even follow it, would have made me very envious so I decided not to :D

So funny the estimated 2 foot of snow ended up being a few inches in new york just Google it. And some of the tweets are so funny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

I am willing to bet it won't be Stratford, I doubt we will even see a flake..

Cheer up S...it has to happen again sometime.....!

Posted

Sunday Snow anyone....just for fun :D

114-574UK_rys6.GIF114-290UK_pym8.GIF

If it did come off.... Blizzards and a bitter windchill, certainly won't be taking the dog for a walk :D if i had one that is :laugh:

My bet is Staffordshire........ my second bet is my back garden :p

• Like 3

Posted

Just remember folk that in 1990 we got overnight snow over two feet deep, so anything can happen and it will :-)

• Like 3

Posted

Sunday Snow anyone....just for fun :D

If it did come off.... Blizzards and a bitter windchill, certainly won't be taking the dog for a walk :D if i had one that is :laugh:

My bet is Staffordshire........ my second bet is my back garden :p

A touch further west Dancer plz looks tasty though.

• Like 1

Posted

So funny the estimated 2 foot of snow ended up being a few inches in new york just Google it. And some of the tweets are so funny.

It was more like 10 to 14 inches in most places. Some places have still got over 20 inches.

DC only got about an inch though. 

Sunday Snow anyone....just for fun  :D

If it did come off.... Blizzards and a bitter windchill, certainly won't be taking the dog for a walk  :D if i had one that is  :laugh:

My bet is Staffordshire........ my second bet is my back garden  :p

Bank bank bank ! The dark green spot is right near Leicester :D

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 3

Posted
It was more like 10 to 14 inches in most places. Some places have still got over 20 inches.

I was on about new york, boston and new england got more but no where near what was forecast max recorded in times square was 4 inches check out the many cams they got no where near 14 inches

• Like 1

Posted

I was on about new york, boston and new england got more but no where near what was forecast max recorded in times square was 4 inches check out the many cams they got no where near 14 inches

I dunno I think it varies quite a lot. This footage looks more than 4 inches. Hard to tell due to drifting.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WV2jJKHVw0&feature=youtu.be

I would have to love to have seen what the MetO would have predicted.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

I dunno I think it varies quite a lot. This footage looks more than 4 inches. Hard to tell due to drifting.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WV2jJKHVw0&feature=youtu.be

I would have to love to have seen what the MetO would have predicted.

Yh true in long island there was more. I think cenral park got 7 inches Check out the link the Mayor apologising to new yorkers. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/blizzard-15/blizzard-bust-nyc-worst-fears-fail-materialize-n294336

Posted

Bank bank bank ! The dark green spot is right near Leicester :D

I think shaky will be thinking down the same line :hi: