Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

To misty here, A low of -3.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

To misty here, A low of -3.3c.

No air frost here with a min' of 1.3c. Your air min' was almost as low as my grass min!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

low of -1.0C here with extensive and very dense fog after midnight.

Cleared in the early morning (07:00!!) and now a fantastic day and warming up with temp at 9C

Sat in the sun typing, so I turned the font up.!!

MIA

Posted

Ick, thick fog 100 meters visibility this morning and cloudy/misty again now i'm back from work after some afternoon brightness.

Posted

No air frost here with a min' of 1.3c. Your air min' was almost as low as my grass min!

Yes was a cold one here last night with everything white over, Just checked and it was actually a little lower due to my error. Never thought it would drop that low given my elevation, And the fact its mounted on a roof mast.. But wont argue with the Davis. A hazy morning with the sun breaking through from time to time after lunch, And a max temp here today of 8.8c.

Currently; Dry cloudy.

Temp 6.1c

Wind E/N/E 9mph

Rain Today 0.0mm

post-12319-0-92633200-1426700695_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs8412.gif

KNEW it, knew charts would find a way to give another grey weekend, been showing 13c and sunny for Sunday which seemed all to convenient, now 6c and muck.

In the meantime, more muck, 100 meter visibility and 1.3c

Posted

Much murk........

Cloud and cool now 4.1C

Minimum of 1.2C just after midnight.

MIA

Posted

A dry cloudy night with a few clear intervals, A low of 0.3c

Currently; Dry and cloudy.

Temp 2.8c

Wind N/N/E 6mph

Rain 0.0mm

Posted

A frosty start at 6, but cloud came over and spoiled the party. Fortunately it started breaking up arou d 10-11 and since then we've had lovely sunshine, a bit hazy but still blue skies. Looks like we'll max out around the 10C mark.

Fingers crossed for the eclipse tomorrow. I'll be close to Birmingham at that time, will probably need to pull over as I will be driving and don't fancy having a prang.

Edited by picog

Posted

It looks like we will be in a prime spot to see the eclipse in the morning, With cloud cover being less of a problem  :D

Posted

Some hazy smoggy sunshine at times this afternoon after thick fog this morning, frost tonight?

Posted

Cool day with the sun appearing at times this pm.

Maximum around 9C

Looks like fog here tonight as its misting up already.

MIA

Posted

Some patchy cloud here this morning, But enough clear slots not to see the eclipse.. Fingers crossed!

Temp 4.1c.  

Posted

Hi guys

Temp 6.1C with very  hazy cloud with the sun peeping thru,

Pretty much ideal as the sun dims. I can see the sun thru the cloud with the naked eye.

Light bginning to dim now.

Will be interesting to see if the temp dips also in the next half an hour.

MIA

Posted

Temp currently 7.1c here, Yes MIA will be interesting to watch the temp. 

Posted

Fantastic crescent 'moon' now. Really is amazing.

Temp dropped from 7.4C to 7.0C in last 8 minutes!

Is it a real effect?

Now past the max and temp is still falling slightly now 6.9c.. now 6.8C and now 6.7C all in the last 3 mins.

Cannot look any further at the sun with the naked eye as the sky is now clearing.

Now it is 6.6C. Thats just about a one degree C cooling in 15 minutes.

MIA

Edit and now 6.5C and the sun is not obscurred by cloud at all!!

So it is a definate effect.

Seems to be holding at 6.5C for the last 5 mins, so I think the effect is over at exactly 1.0C.

For info my recorder is at 6ft 6inches in height so no ground effect involved and the wind during the eclipse was 0.0 to 1.1 K/p h max (so nothing)

MIA

Edit last messge is at 9:45

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Dropped to 6.6c from 7.1c here, Gone very dull.

Posted

Absolutely glorious day, was not expecting this, just a few fluffy cumulus otherwise blue sky and 11c but feels warmer.

Posted

Yuck, the opposite today, every Sunday so far this year sunless and grey, was meant to be nice today to *sigh*

Posted

Yuck, the opposite today, every Sunday so far this year sunless and grey, was meant to be nice today to *sigh*

The sun is coming Conor, patience. I can see the clear sky coming from the west right now.