Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc

Ooooh excellent thanku Daniel,I feel a radar and lamppost watch night coming on haha, fingers crossed for here xx hope u get to see some too :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

A lovely winter's day here. Some late afternoon sunshine and now the frost is setting back in again. Currently -0.4C (High today was only 2.5C despite the sun.

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

According to the MO I have an overall summary of sleet for the remainder of today but absolutely zero precipitation on the "hour by hour" detail. Brilliant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Looking forward to watching my radar tonight, at least the temps seem good! I know it won't be much but a bit will do!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp 0.1 dp -3.3 will be in negative temps very soon, right near the coast, just wow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looking again at Thursday, the GFS delivers a parcel of 850s of -10C into the region

75-7UK.GIF?02-12

If anything the UKMO looks slightly better than the GFS so maybe the coldest air extending a little further and a little more instability, the UKMO also shows an easterly wind really whipping up at the end of the week so feeling raw, especially over Kent and Sussex.

The only concern is that the precipitation might push through the Dover strait and miss us. We need only a minor adjustment north for something interesting to happen. Either way wintry showers will push through the region between this evening and Thursday midday at least. So always the chance of a dusting near enough anywhere in the region.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Very cold its as if someone turned down the central heating lol hope to see a snowflake as Fed up with the sleety scraps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

The latest few radar updates show the showers pepping up in North Norfolk. Could be quite an attractive radar picture in an hour or two!

My part of Suffolk usually does well from a northerly or north easterly. I'm far enough from the coast for it to be cold, but not so far that we miss the showers (hope I haven't just jinxed it!!)

Now -0.7C here. Time to light the woodburner ready for an evening of radar watching!

Good luck everyone :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good luck indeed, suffolkboy. I think we might well need it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Ooooh excellent thanku Daniel,I feel a radar and lamppost watch night coming on haha, fingers crossed for here xx hope u get to see some too :)

Hee hee here we go again

Posted

Those showers streaming in off the Lincs coast are heading quite a long way inland ...... I was hoping to be in a good spot this evening and now I'm looking too far east !!!!!

Edited by Paul33

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Temp 0.2c, DP -3 ...not bad considering i'm only 4 miles from the coast  :)

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

I'm pretty sure those showers coming south are going to pass to the west of London if they stay on their current track. Some way to go yet though......as for the Northerly next weekend - I would just forget about it until Friday and check then.

Posted

Good luck indeed, suffolkboy. I think we might well need it...

Always need a bit of luck when it comes to snow! I'm a firm believer in Karma.....and I've done 3 good deeds today, so hopefully that will help haha

I come past your part of the world daily at the moment on my travel to work in Gorleston. I'll be passing about 7am. If I get snow I'll stick some in a cool box and save it for you incase you miss out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Always need a bit of luck when it comes to snow! I'm a firm believer in Karma.....and I've done 3 good deeds today, so hopefully that will help haha

I come past your part of the world daily at the moment on my travel to work in Gorleston. I'll be passing about 7am. If I get snow I'll stick some in a cool box and save it for you incase you miss out :)

I'll keep an ear out! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp 0.6 dewpoint -2.7 , feeling a bit nippy to be honest brrrr .Any chance of me seeing a flurry or 2 tonight?

Posted

Big upgrade for my area from the latest Euro 4 which suggests alot of snow showers through the Wash.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/02/02/basis12/ukuk/prec/15020221_0212.gif

Looking good for Norfolk also.

Posted

Ppn has formed and is making it's way from the NE area. This system will be of snow and is London bound.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Big upgrade for my area from the latest Euro 4 which suggests alot of snow showers through the Wash.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/02/02/basis12/ukuk/prec/15020221_0212.gif

Looking good for Norfolk also.

That's more like it!

Temperature climbing again; 0.2C now, which no doubt is to do with the cloud associated with the showers.  DP still -4C.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster