Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted

To be fair, it is normally split up during winter down in this thread! (Usually 3 Counties + EA, and then into South East.)

So, I don't know about the many years bit. :wink:

Looking through the archives, 48 months is a fair time all the same we are pretty linked together well as one domino falls the other domino passes it on, ripping us into 2 will cause no good.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Can anyone elaborate what was said on Look E as I rarely watch BBC forecasts these days.

Dusting tonight other than in W. Norfolk, and Cambridgeshire, where there could be 3-4 cm.  Showers of rain and sleet tomorrow with slightly higher temperatures (3-4C), but N breeze on Wednesday bringing potentially disruptive snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Very confusing yes.. So do you take one opinion which goes yeah whole south east good dusting perhaps some 2-4cm falls on hills and lucky places..

Or

Not much very slight dusting in places.. Showers not moving very far inland...

My opinion...

Get that radar on, chill out wait and watch.. See what happens nice cold beer or hot chocolate what ever you prefer.. Stick on a film..

ive put on a film, its been on pause for over half an hour, as i cant keep up with the posts  :D

Posted

Looking through the archives, 48 months is a fair time all the same we are pretty link together well as one domino falls the other domino passes it on, ripping us into 2 will cause no good.

Separating the two never caused any harm before. I suspect the 48 month thing was in part caused by the relatively quiet winter last year. Proper snow hasn't fallen in the SE and EA since 2013, and that is when this forum is busiest. 

All I'm saying is that there is both positives, along with, perceived negatives, to splitting it up. :)

Edited by saint

Posted

Looking through the archives, 48 months is a fair time all the same we are pretty linked together well as one domino falls the other domino passes it on, ripping us into 2 will cause no good.

Always used to be split, was more reasonable then as I still think parts of EA are almost into the midlands :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

The current dewpoints are considerably lower than the slush fest so far

All snow tonight

With good covering potential even here sub sea level!

You've changed your tune since this morning lol!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

You are talking about tonight now? The original post i replied to was about Wednesday

You mean it's not Tuesday already?

Bugger.....another day to get through before weekend......

Posted

WRF 12z. Has its thoughts. Differs from EURO4

Lovely chart for the South East.. But what type of Synoptics would deliver that by Tuesday am.. Convergence zone...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Has it? I recall the two regions being split up into separate threads every year when it gets busy?

I don't think it will be necessary, anyway the showers are already reaching south Cambridgeshire and west Suffolk and still going, these ones are not that heavy but this should only be the beginning. Anyway there are other regionals which are far worse for situations like this. The Midlands for instance.

From a personal point of view I am happy with anyone getting snow, no matter their location in the south east. We just have to make the best of a situation which isn't exactly been great overall. 

Good luck for everyone tonight. FAX charts coming up in a bit.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

You mean it's not Tuesday already?

Bugger.....another day to get through before weekend......

If it is then I was meant to be at work today :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm amazed at how much the models have changed their forecasts over the past day or so. From what looked like it was game over, now looks like the 1962 scenario of boxing day, where the high quickly moved NW and then surged the cold air in rapidly from the N/NE. 

This is what makes me addicted to this site!  ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Always used to be split, was more reasonable then as I still think parts of EA are almost into the midlands :)

But, by the same token, some parts of the 'SE' are almost in Central Southern England?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

So it's you Steve who decides whether we're in the East Midlands or EA!?

So then, which is it? 😉

Anyways, it's still pouring here 😀

Edited by MarcB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

The way the showers are lining up at present makes me think the Euro4 predictions are more likely to be correct; I think the NMM is too far East with its forecast. Nothing in the Eastern half of EA showing up at all currently,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

sitting on the fence on this one, looking at the radar returns and reading some f the posts in the other regional forums, there seems to be a lot of false radar returns

Posted

Separating the two never caused any harm before. I suspect the 48 month thing was in part caused by the relatively quiet winter last year. Proper snow hasn't fallen in the SE and EA since 2013, and that is when this forum is busiest. 

All I'm saying is that there is both positives, along with, perceived negatives, to splitting it up. :)

I see but at the moment EA solo would be like a graveyard to be truthful. There's no snow apocalypse incoming or is there. :rolleyes: Any-who Steve take note!

EW: @RGSweather Focus does seem to be to the South and West of Central London from 00:00 - 05:00 Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Can anyone elaborate what was said on Look E as I rarely watch BBC forecasts these days.

This is probably the easiest way to describe it! (for tonight's snow anyway)

post-6387-0-63181800-1422905113_thumb.jp

Posted

So it's you Steve who decides whether we're in the East Midlands or EA!?

So then, which is it?

Anyways, it's still pouring here

Pretty much :p

But dont you agree, for example Brighton to Kings Lynn, 3hours and over 160 miles in the car, for our little Island thats quite  extreme to be included in just the one region where conditions will vastly differ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

20p sized flakes now and a good covering on the grass and most of the patio.

Got to go and pick my son up in about 20mins, might leave a tad earlier.

Posted

I see but at the moment EA solo would be like a graveyard to be truthful. There's no snow apocalypse incoming or is there. :rolleyes: Any-who Steve take note!

EW: @RGSweather Focus does seem to be to the South and West of Central London from 00:00 - 05:00 Tuesday.

I was just replying to you saying it hadn't taken place for years, when in reality, it's been more often the case than not. No need for the '  :rolleyes: ' It was only a comment.... Who made you king of thread decisions?  :laugh: