Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

also worth noting Jules, the all the hi-res modeling is considerably off the mark with ppn spread and location as well......a lot more ppn on radar across the east midlands than modeled, and considerably further west.......more ppn will develop overnight, but for now, those showery outbreaks over the east Midlands/Wash are heading towards the home counties/M4 corridor across to Wilts

that's what i was thinking aj.. and it's what the GEM is showing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Mmmmmm, one min i think im might get a bit, then people are saying Essex not the place to be, now im confused  :cc_confused: , 

Going to be hard to tell; the Euro 4 charts earlier suggested little or nothing for Suffolk / Essex but then another chart (NMM) says we could get lucky! I can't keep up; guess it's a case of keeping an eye on the radar.....

Posted

also worth noting Jules, the all the hi-res modeling is considerably off the mark with ppn spread and location as well......a lot more ppn on radar across the east midlands than modeled, and considerably further west.......more ppn will develop overnight, but for now, those showery outbreaks over the east Midlands/Wash are heading towards the home counties/M4 corridor across to Wilts

Yep, nowcasting at it's best!

Posted

Maybe there's hope for me after all lol.

Interesting that the NMM has virtually nothing in The Wash, which is the area the Euro4 fancies. Going to be a nowcast event.......

Yep. NMM has the showers further East and the Euro4 further West. Toss a coin....

Go in the middle and you cant go wrong!

Posted

Anyone have any clue as to if I will get any snow tonight?

Want it to snow but on the other hand if it's too heavy it'll disrupt school and there's exams going on...doubt anything atm will be that disruptive though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Indeed if it all shunted west & north we'll be onto something special... still more to come, I like the trend. :good:

that's what i was thinking aj.. and it's what the GEM is showing

yes, could be some nice suprises overnight tonight.....all we need now is a 'Surrey' ramp to really get the party started  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

I wouldn't bet on it.

Good chance tonight, and further chances right to the end of this week. OK no deep snow on the cards, but we have a better chance of a cm or two tonight and the next few days than we have over the past 5/6days

After seeing the snow potential washed away on Saturday night by heavy rain, I'm becoming sceptical of everything now! Hope you're right though......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

After seeing the snow potential washed away on Saturday night by heavy rain, I'm becoming sceptical of everything now! Hope you're right though......

It's a much colder start tonight and I think everything looks a lot less marginal than it has done. I think anything that falls should be snow, and not the wet melty stuff either.

Posted

Nice band of showers just to my N.

Worth mentioning that currently the showers are generally move N-S. However later this evening the wind veers more NE,ly and the showers will move from NE-SW hence the wash streamer predictions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Reports of cars getting stuck on roads near Horncastle Lincs and bad conditions!

Looking like the start of what could be an eventful night ahead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

they look like they're moving ssw already to me teits?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And, as the BBC were predicting last Saturday and Sunday to be the 'peak of the current cold spell', I am also somewhat sceptical - to say the least. :)

Edited by Mrs Trellis

Posted

Local London weather says warning for snow on Wednesday with 2-5 cm possible. Matt Taylor on national weather says just rain and sleet. Who do you believe, and why the discrepancy in the two forecasts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

And so it begins (again) first few flakes starting to fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

dont expect anywhere south or west of london to get any snow tonight

based on what Steve?........radar & modeling suggest otherwise

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Ramp ramp ramp ramp from Look East weather for Wednesday.

Yep. And the 'Heavy' snow shower symbol was used! Game on?

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted

Local London weather says warning for snow on Wednesday with 2-5 cm possible. Matt Taylor on national weather says just rain and sleet. Who do you believe, and why the discrepancy in the two forecasts?

Extreme coastal kent id agree with the warning, further in land then no

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Anybody know when was the last time there was a wash snow streamer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The current dewpoints are considerably lower than the slush fest so far

All snow tonight

With good covering potential even here sub sea level!

Snowed on the Lizard today, I think that tells us all we need to know regarding marginality now. Bring on the precipitation as after Wednesday it looks largely dry away from the far SE at least for a 2-3 day period beyond. 

Edited by gottolovethisweather