IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Drizzle. Breezy. But Bright. 11.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Horrid morn and I thought it would be over be now.. It is brightening up but I wasn't expecting those gusts.. Ooh bit windy and have heard a few wheelies go for a stroll! Off riding me friends horse later this afternoon! Woo hoo- he will have the wind up his tail! Lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Tree blown down in the back garden. That's something you don't see every day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Tree blown down in the back garden. That's something you don't see every day!

Plenty of firewood then, ouch. Gusts of 48mph here at 2:06 and 2:08pm so was pretty wild a few moments ago. We are sheltered to our South and situated in a valley so I usually expect to add 10 to 15mph more on top, especially if accounting for gusts from nearby stations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Today there has been a little bit of drizzle but nothing extensive. It is very windy, however, it has not been a bad weekend here, despite the forecasts.

12C at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

A gust has just toppled my very heavy bird table.  It survived all last winter's gales, but this must have been a really fierce gust.  The seed holders that hung from it scattered across the garden along with most of the seed.  The birds can clear it up for me as I've put the holders in the garage until tomorrow as I don't want them ending up in the next village!

• Like 1

Posted

Plenty of firewood then, ouch. Gusts of 48mph here at 2:06 and 2:08pm so was pretty wild a few moments ago. We are sheltered to our South and situated in a valley so I usually expect to add 10 to 15mph more on top, especially if accounting for gusts from nearby stations.

blimey that is quite a lot. I did think it were a bit gusty but took me by surprised- popped to Greenham Common and by 5pm or so it was still a little gusty - not as much as earlier and as you know the beaut sun came out! Hooray wish I had the washing on the line... :)

Posted

Both the GFS and ECM ops are running the low SE across the the UK in the early hours of Friday before both build HP for the rest of the weekend. Still a bit tricky on detail.

Charts courtesy weatherbell

post-12275-0-27443500-1427702184_thumb.p

post-12275-0-60569800-1427702190_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bright sunny start and quite calm, gonna get a whole lot blowier later though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny. Scattered cloud. Gust to 21 km/h. Temperature 10.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was supposed to be a wet and awful day, what happened? It has been sunny. The forecast at 3am showed rain across much of the country, with rain from the off, Forecasts now, show nothing for here. It's beggars belief how bad the forecasts have been of late.

Currently sunny and 11°C

Posted

So far every pulse of rain that has approached from the W/NW has decayed over the Somerset/Bath area. I never thought I'd have washing on the line at 16.00 today but it's drying ok in the freshening wind and occasional hazy sunshine.

Posted

Only a few spits and spots here so far, not enough to wet the ground and certainly not enough to show in the gauge.  According to Louise Lear about 20 minutes ago, there is more coming in overnight with more strong winds.  We shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

My area is slap bang in the middle of the area Ian gave for the strongest gusts of wind, we shall see, if it's blowing a hoolie out there in the early hours it'll probably wake me up as I'm a light sleeper.

Posted

Wind is picking up here now for sure although no where near like Sunday.. I see from the radar the weather is pretty damn wet up North.. Yuk. Wonder when the strongest of the wind will be tonight and where? Any thoughts?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Interesting as the radar shows nothing over you.