Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

A lovely sunny but cool spring day at 14c just a shame as it is meant to to be summer...  :cc_confused:   :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

Managed 16.6C here, but still low for June.

Yes and then of course we have a ground frost to look forward to tonight.. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

What a difference without the wind. Sat outside in the hot sun and fresh air. Lovely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A gorgeous summers day at long last! Wall to wall sunshine and warm with little wind. Same tomorrow but with a very high uv of 8 expected. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Met Office going for Thunder here on Thursday in Southern Cornwall. :) Signs of this Thundery Low bringing in more humid and warm air? :)

Posted

A fine morning with just a touch of high Ac, Temp 10C and a zephyr from the NE.

The weekly forecast on farming today this morning had thundery rain moving into the far south on Thursday from the low Biscay/France and spreading north on Friday. But it stressed there is still uncertainties about this.

The GFS take on this

Charts weatherbell

post-12275-0-81646500-1433741202_thumb.p

post-12275-0-87551500-1433741208_thumb.p

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

19.4°C was the top temp today, after a low of 8.6°C.

Lovely clouds as well..

post-15177-0-98804700-1433778260_thumb.jpost-15177-0-01374200-1433778334_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Rather more than a zephyr here Knocker, actually a very strong gusty Easterly blowing down off Salisbury Plain which is not only making it feel cool (cold until 08.00 and I wonder what the winter windchill would have been!) but bringing plenty of pollen with it.

Still, to be positive, it is bright with sunny spells and broken Stratocumulus.

Posted

Periods of good sunshine, but the same can be said for cloud. Top temp of 16.4°C in the nagging wind.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

not a bad old day for tidying up the garden today ,but still that annoying wind and big areas of unwelcomed clouds but when the sky cleared it was rather nice .

Hoping for some weather action come later thursday and friday ,would be nice to see one of those night time storms that you can read a book by and send the soot down the chimney .

its a good job the old jack daws have fledged ,cheers .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Hmm. Wasn't envisaging this cloud. Today should be sunny. It's also even cooler than yesterday!

Posted

Morning All.

Today i am resitting my vantage pro 2 onto the garage roof so hopefully i will see more accurate results.

Cloudy Morning after a cold start, not looking very nice tomorrow night into Friday could be some quite nasty downpours.  

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All.

Today i am resitting my vantage pro 2 onto the garage roof so hopefully i will see more accurate results.

Cloudy Morning after a cold start, not looking very nice tomorrow night into Friday could be some quite nasty downpours.

Well, you couldn't be in a better spot if I'm honest. :)

Posted

Well, you couldn't be in a better spot if I'm honest. :)

At the moment I would say areas just to the east will do well as the band coming up Thursday night into Friday would mainly just be a band of thundery rain while anything that develops to the east of the main band could be better for storm potential because of the higher cape and li levels

Posted

At the moment I would say areas just to the east will do well as the band coming up Thursday night into Friday would mainly just be a band of thundery rain while anything that develops to the east of the main band could be better for storm potential because of the higher cape and li levels

Check out the MetO warning, although there's room for change, it does mention that thunderstorms could be "severe" with a second bout of heavy rain and thunderstorms. Looks promising for many. :)

Posted

Check out the MetO warning, although there's room for change, it does mention that thunderstorms could be "severe" with a second bout of heavy rain and thunderstorms. Looks promising for many. :)

Fingers crossed then I have a car so if a chase is required it shouldn't be a problem

• Like 2

Posted

I see hype for storms has started when in reality we can probably expect a few heavy downpours and maybe an occasional rumble of thunder..  :fool: Thunderstorms are rarer than snowstorms here in west country.

Edited by Nights King

Posted

I see hype for storms has started when in reality we can probably expect a few heavy downpours and maybe an occasional rumble of thunder..  :fool: Thunderstorms are rarer than snowstorms here in west country.

I disagree considering the number of storms last year outweighed the number of snowflakes in the last 2 winters!!

• Like 3