Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

It's a glorious day now but until around 09.00 there were some annoying showers blowing through, something which was forecast for last night/this morning on Countryfile and Monday's forecasts then disappeared on yesterday's outputs only to actually occur!

Posted

It's a glorious day now but until around 09.00 there were some annoying showers blowing through, something which was forecast for last night/this morning on Countryfile and Monday's forecasts then disappeared on yesterday's outputs only to actually occur!

Hello Andy. Yes, it's lovely out there now. I was woken at 4am this morning by a passing shower, which was a bit of a surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

18.4c. Scattered cloud. .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heard showers rattle through overnight but it's been sunny and breezy all day with a picture perfect blue sky. Still only 17.5C but it's a marked improvement on the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Excellent Wednesday in Falmouth. Some cloud obscuring the sun for a time around lunch but a sunny afternoon and evening. Great BBQ on the beach and watched a large, reddish moon rise over Falmouth Bay. Stunning. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny with some altocumulus stretching through. AcCas watch later! Currently 16.2°C

Posted

Well I wasn't going to get excited about tomorrow but the sky here is a third filled with altocumulus castellus and floccus clouds which is lovely to see - a very summery sky. Currently 21.3C.

Posted

Broken cloud. Sunny spells Breeze 11km/h. 22.1c.

Posted

Well I wasn't going to get excited about tomorrow but the sky here is a third filled with altocumulus castellus and floccus clouds which is lovely to see - a very summery sky. Currently 21.3C.

Yes Mike it's the first summery thundery looking sky since a Friday morning in April (exact date escapes me) .

The national and local forecasts going for thundery showers/storms developing from the South Coast around 05.00 before pushing quickly NNE in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Present suggestions are that Salisbury Plain will be the dividing line so E/N Wiltshire affected but not W/SW Wiltshire.

I wouldn't rule out the plume of activity affecting areas further West until it actually develops because, as Mapantz and others have regularly said, the rain forecasts in recent times have been very poor.

Very much looking forward to the sunset sky this evening.

Posted

Yes Mike it's the first summery thundery looking sky since a Friday morning in April (exact date escapes me) .

The national and local forecasts going for thundery showers/storms developing from the South Coast around 05.00 before pushing quickly NNE in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Present suggestions are that Salisbury Plain will be the dividing line so E/N Wiltshire affected but not W/SW Wiltshire.

I wouldn't rule out the plume of activity affecting areas further West until it actually develops because, as Mapantz and others have regularly said, the rain forecasts in recent times have been very poor.

Very much looking forward to the sunset sky this evening.

Yes that would have been Thursday 16th - Friday 17th, and there was actually a few rumbles here overnight with a passing downpour. It left a horrible dusty layer on everything haha.

It's good to see storms forming in the northwest corner of Spain moving northwards instead of in western France. As long as they keep moving northwards and don't die out then we're in with a chance but they do like to veer off eastwards in time for UK arrival. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Andy, I hope your sunset sky was better than mine!  I was hoping for great things too....

post-8165-0-85631600-1433452488_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I am still waiting for this 'heat' to arrive before cooler fresher weather arrives Saturday?  :aggressive:

19c max is not hot  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

heatwave :rofl: its 19.c here, dont if i  can handle this heat

fromey

Edited by fromey

Posted

Well that was a nice hour (yes, just one) sat out in the sun before the cloud abruptly moved in. Reached 20.7C though I think that's it now. The front couldn't possibly have waited until tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

The heatwave that never arrived for us folks out west

That cold front may be very weak, but incredible temp differences

Many places in Wales are now just 11c with a brisk west wind blowing, just a few miles further east, it's in the low 20's

Liscombe is only 9C, with a brisk west wind blowing, it's probably feeling like winter there

A cluster of storms is going mad over in north-east France, heading north-east towards Belgium

Posted

A very interesting day affected by 2 fronts and a marked change of airmass yet not a drop of rain.

On the Western edge of the thundery area this morning with a lot of unstable cloud until 09.00 as well as some warm sunshine/humidity then a very warm and sunny period until mid afternoon. This was followed by low cloud and very gusty winds as the weak cold front went through, including mammatus, dropping the temperature by around 8c before it has recently cleared up into a lovely sunny evening accompanied by a rise in temperature.

Posted

Broken cloud. Sunny. Breezy. 17.4c. In the shade 15.0c.

Posted

Lovely out there when the sun comes out.

Would you believe it though... the only single pixel of rain in the whole of the south of England on the radar, just got us.  :laugh: