Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I'll drink to that :)....

Chicken out of the oven and the second can of beer opened.

I just hope that tomorrow brings as decent a days weather as today although the forecast is for a few showers moving in through the afternoon.

Hopefully still a useable day though.

Posted

Lake District resplendent today in sparkling unbroken sunshine with not a jot of wispy cloud to be seen from dawn break - not often you can say that round here..

Light winds and max of about 16 degrees felt very pleasant indeed. Superb clarity, excellent visibility.

This is a wonderful time of year here, indeed we are firmly entering perhaps the best 2 month period of the year in the Lakes. Spring growth now properly kicking in everything about to turn a shade of fresh green, and it is relatively quiet before the summer hoardes, hazy misty sticky days set in. (Late Oct-early Nov also a very special time, and any time Dec-Feb when cloaked in snow...).

Tomorrow won't be anywhere near as good, a stronger wind, much more cloud and threat of drizzle.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Spring Day 2015 (18 April) with the third movement of Vivaldi's "Spring".

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A cloudy cool start to the day here but breaks are starting to appear with a bit of sun now.

I think a repeat of yesterday's conditions is unlikely but if the threatened showers stay away, a decent usable day is in prospect.

Current temperature is 8.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Did my summer house in this colour ,I think it's nice ...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh lovely, im after a summerhouse when all the hedges grow and give us privacy.

The weather yesterday was lovely and sunny apart from that east cold wind! Today is overcast, shame as im at home today and wanted to get the washing on the line.

Things are really stressful here at the moment thats why i havent been around. Our son was due an operation again late summer to remove plates in his legs after his major operation two years ago, they ended up booking in him for the end of April instead! We thought best to get it over with as will take three weeks healing for the screw holes to heal plus hes at risk of fractures. So this week we were going into quarentine preparing for his op, his dad though has jnfortunately had a nasty fall, loft ladders slipped on wooden floor and he fell 6ft out of attic on thursday and went to A and E and has two fractured ribs and a bruised rib, done his shoulder in and hip and is in a bad way and alot of pain! We may have to postpone the surgery now as hes not fit enough to look after our son in the night as he has to rest or his ribs wont heal.

Posted

Brightening up here. Hopefully the afternoon will be another sunny one.

Oh lovely, im after a summerhouse when all the hedges grow and give us privacy.

The weather yesterday was lovely and sunny apart from that east cold wind! Today is overcast, shame as im at home today and wanted to get the washing on the line.

Things are really stressful here at the moment thats why i havent been around. Our son was due an operation again late summer to remove plates in his legs after his major operation two years ago, they ended up booking in him for the end of April instead! We thought best to get it over with as will take three weeks healing for the screw holes to heal plus hes at risk of fractures. So this week we were going into quarentine preparing for his op, his dad though has jnfortunately had a nasty fall, loft ladders slipped on wooden floor and he fell 6ft out of attic on thursday and went to A and E and has two fractured ribs and a bruised rib, done his shoulder in and hip and is in a bad way and alot of pain! We may have to postpone the surgery now as hes not fit enough to look after our son in the night as he has to rest or his ribs wont heal.

oh dear sparkles hope your lot improves soon :)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snow forecast for next week, you have got to be having a

Laugh surely?

Beautiful spring day here 17c

C.S

Posted

Sunday turned out to be a much better day than I had anticipated - must be ore positive thinking.. It stayed dry and we had plenty of sunny spells, and winds were fairly light. Today another very good day, further dry weather light winds and plenty of sunshine with maxes in the 16-17 degree range. Another couple of similar days ahead then a change on Thursday.

This is turning into a very good April for dry sunny and pleasantly warm weather, even if the last week ends up cool wet and generally cloudy, it won't dampen the month too much.

Posted

It's reached 22C today - the warmest day of the year so far, and also 1C off my April recprd, set on 22 April 2011.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Snow forecast for next week, you have got to be having a

Laugh surely?

Beautiful spring day here 17c

C.S

Sure looks that way! Hear and read of all talk of a 3 month heat wave on the way, so out of hibernation to check charts and what do I find? The complete and total opposite! Were the hell where these charts in Jan! Lovely Greenland high with winds straight out of the bloody Arctic!! Yes I'm affraid a heatwave it aint. But even me, an avid snow hunter I do not want this setup, bloody rubbish weather. Snow for some hills next week with cold winds :nonono:

post-23289-0-17087600-1429638290_thumb.p post-23289-0-92725500-1429638320_thumb.p post-23289-0-13682500-1429638331_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Odd that GFS isn't picking up on it yet. It has the Pennines down for 12'c next Tues yet the Forecast has it for snow and 2'c. Mind you things are still 5 days away yet so anything can happen between now and then.

Posted

Gloriously perfect weather today, sunny skies throughout and warm to very warm at times, but not that uncomfortable heat that July & August can provide.  Should be more of the same tomorrow, before changes are a foot later in the week/week-end.  It's been nice having the High Pressure, hope it comes back now and again this summer.

Posted

Oooh we're being spoilt at the moment. A carbon copy of Saturday, unbroken sunshine from dawn until dusk, not a jot of cloud, light winds, and very mild. I think we maxed out at 18 degrees and it was still 17 degrees at 6pm.

Just wonderful weather.

Another couple of very decent days ahead, but with more cloud. Pity a change is afoot in time for the weekend, but we have done exceptionally well this April.

Posted

Sure looks that way! Hear and read of all talk of a 3 month heat wave on the way, so out of hibernation to check charts and what do I find? The complete and total opposite! Were the hell where these charts in Jan! Lovely Greenland high with winds straight out of the bloody Arctic!! Yes I'm affraid a heatwave it aint. But even me, an avid snow hunter I do not want this setup, bloody rubbish weather. Snow for some hills next week with cold winds :nonono:

attachicon.gifECH1-144.GIF.png attachicon.gifECH0-120.GIF.png attachicon.gifECH0-144.GIF.png

Yes PL Total pants after this weeks stunning weather,i am all for snow Nov-Mar but not at the end of April.

Lets hope its a very brief affair and the charts start to show what we have seen this week soon.

Surprised the DM has not got hold of this Pattern change,fully expect to see the "20 cm of snow to fall after Temps of 21c" 

kind of headline in the next few days.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

The GFS This morning is truly awfull,with plenty of snow showers over high ground,and at times falling to lower levels. 

it is not until FI That HP once again pushes in with temperatures rising into the mid teens,after this weeks stunning weather

next week it is back out with the coat,with weather which is more suited to January than the end of the April 

also to add insult to injury this morning GFS shows a band of moderate snow across the region on Sunday YUK

C.S.

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its a lovely hot sunny day here !!! Its a pity its not going to last !!

• Like 1