Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Ah just in time for the weekend.....heavy rain.

No doubt the gardens will feel better for it but I'd have preferred a weekly dose of rain to fall during a working day.

Posted

Well that warm spell was nice while it lasted. The front has really cleared the air and left a thin covering of snow above 600m. Not looking forward to tomorrow's washout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Clearance has reached here now so hopefully a dry rest of the day coming up.

Damn cold though and even a bit of sleet in the last shower that came through and no surprise that tomorrow's forecast narrow band of rain is looking like it will sit right over our region with areas both north and south enjoying a half decent day.

Posted

Bright sunny and cold ....

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Posted

Out in the northern fells today, and despite cold temperatures, snow visible at 400 metres and raw strong west wind, I got sunburnt... Oh the joys of April, a month that has its foot in all camps. The sun is deceptive at this time of year, and I've learnt my lesson, indeed it was generally bright skies and cloud rather than blue sky..

Tomorrow promise to start on a very dismal note, with rain/sleet and very strong winds with low temps of about 4 or 5 degrees, hoping things will clear up not too long after lunchtime to at least salvage half of the day.

Up until today, its been a very decent week in the Lake District, dry with plenty of sunshine, light winds and maxima comfortably into the mid teens. Pity things had to break for the weekend. Next week promises more decent conditions plenty of dry settled weather and sunshine, but less mild with some chilly nights, and a blip on Wednesday, perhaps more wind as well. Easter holidays came at the right time this year.

Posted

Another damp and cold start to a day and, unlike yesterday the clearance probably won't arrive until late afternoon so another day for those inside jobs.

Probability of more settled weather by early next week but as is often the case, the real warmth looks to be limited to more southern parts with our region staying on the cooler side of any dividing line.

Still it could be worse and after the rain of the last couple of days, anything is an improvement.

Posted

Only rain we've had here, is the very narrow band that passed through on Saturday morning.  Other than that If I could bottle up last week and make to order, it would just about be my favourite.  We escaped most of the early morning mist that plagued the western coasts.  Turned out very warm but not hot and mostly sunny.

Even today the rain appears to be holding off in eastern area's, although I appreciate the north west of the region have drawn the short straw.  The band will eventually travel southwards, but should decay as it does so.  Then next week looking pretty decent too.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Only rain we've had here, is the very narrow band that passed through on Saturday morning.  Other than that If I could bottle up last week and make to order, it would just about be my favourite.  We escaped most of the early morning mist that plagued the western coasts.  Turned out very warm but not hot and mostly sunny.

Even today the rain appears to be holding off in eastern area's, although I appreciate the north west of the region have drawn the short straw.  The band will eventually travel southwards, but should decay as it does so.  Then next week looking pretty decent too.

I think I was a bit premature myself as it started raining but then fined up and hasn't got going again since.

Feels cold though and the last two days have been a reality check after last weeks weather.

With snow to low levels in Northern Ireland now, it's snowing at Shap http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/WeatherStations/A6Shap.asp

and unsurprisingly at Hartside http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/WeatherStations/A686Hartside.asp

Meanwhile, in the warm sector with a bit of fohn, Hawarden near Chester is at 12°C

Edited by Interitus

Posted

With snow to low levels in Northern Ireland now, it's snowing at Shap http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/WeatherStations/A6Shap.asp

and unsurprisingly at Hartside http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/WeatherStations/A686Hartside.asp

Meanwhile, in the warm sector with a bit of fohn, Hawarden near Chester is at 12°C

Yes I'm not surprised to see snow falling at Shap, temps here fell to 4.5 degrees not too long ago under heavy sleet. Pity can't see Kirkstone Pass but I suspect it is white as well.

Its a miserable morning. The fells will be get a real pasting. Could be some lovely scenes later this evening with snow clad fells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Dry here all day. Where's this rain then? Classic Crosby rain shadow situation again it seems

Posted

Yes I'm not surprised to see snow falling at Shap, temps here fell to 4.5 degrees not too long ago under heavy sleet. Pity can't see Kirkstone Pass but I suspect it is white as well.

Its a miserable morning. The fells will be get a real pasting. Could be some lovely scenes later this evening with snow clad fells.

Heavy snow in Carlisle for the last hour

Posted

Although it feels cold here, we are very much in the milder sector with 8.4c so no snow likely this far south in the region.

Rain has set in now though and the winds are getting up so certainly a miserable afternoon on the cards.

Posted

Very gusty winds here now, on the southern flank of the weather front lying to the north west.  Still mainly dry here but spots of drizzle in the air, but the winds are the most significant feature.