Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted

Patient my friend,

Thundery rain is to the SW france as it drags up that's where the instability will be, just to the N/NE of it.

I'm patient - but barely a single sferic in the UK all day and not many across the water isn't a good sign

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm patient - but barely a single sferic in the UK all day and not many across the water isn't a good sign

Depends where across the water you are, it's a big place. The south of France is being battered. In the middle here, we're have the most amazing deluges and it's all starting to go off further north. Patience has been my watchword all day, and still is...all is good...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Afternoon all. Quick update from Basingstoke. Cell to the East/South East of us heading this way, quite hefty on radar and just about knocking on the door, and looking very dark in that direction. Back door is open in anticipation of a rumble or two.  Unfortunately it's been mostly cloud and light rain all day, but a very humid and potent atmos with that, so here's hoping for something interesting in the coming few hours. 

Edit: Looks like the core of it is going a couple of miles east. Still getting a bit of a soaking at the moment. 

Edited by Paul Roberts

Posted

Oh my first bit of sunshine, took the temp up from 19°C to 23.5°C very quickly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

wow, it's all kicked off here!!......storm overhead from nowhere and by god it's unusual!!

....unusual as in a storm with no thunder, no lightning, just drizzle    :80:  :crazy:

I thought it had started for you then i scrolled down lol

Posted

Depends where across the water you are, it's a big place. The south of France is being battered. In the middle here, we're have the most amazing deluges and it's all starting to go off further north. Patience has been my watchword all day, and still is...all is good...

Lol indeed - more north of course for us here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I am thinking I may need to head east as this is where the warmer temperatures are. It is very muggy here but more so around and north of London. I am thinking Luton/Aylesbury.

Posted

22'c here today, warmest of the year so far. Noticed the clouds have moved in and although the temp is dropping somewhat it's now the humidity that's going up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Currently sat at Brampton hut services on the A14 at Huntingdon and I'm getting very large convective drops!! Sky is looking like a classic thundery one I must say. Eyeing up that cell heading to the West of London too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

I got a strange feeling as the cold front moves northwards that a few storms will form around the portsmouth area.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Posted

Anyone else spotted that little storm just to the east of Basel? Can't be more than 10 miles in diameter yet it's clocking up just shy of 180 strikes/min. Is that normal for a strong pulse storm or indicative of something stronger?

post-23162-0-78727400-1434120704_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Please tell me that rain in the midlands wont come to NW England this evening? I've got a BBQ and everything.... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Woah look at this: http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

Maps back online and look at the strike rate!!! I noticed a north-westerly flow these storms from central/northern France are moving, so are these storms just East of the France-Germany border moving our way? 

Posted

is it going to be worth me setting up the camera to try and get some night time lightening shots? lol  

just been outside and cant believe how much colder it feels, certainly not thundery in the slightest, guess that answers my original question, lol

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

I got a strange feeling as the cold front moves northwards that a few storms will form around the portsmouth area.

Absolutely spot on, we have an unstable air mas hence why it feels so close and humid.

Posted

Much more humid now here than it was a couple of hours ago.. BBC  Weather still going with torrential thundery downpours this evening and overnight for much of southern England . Just hope it doesn't die too much before it reaches our shores

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

15.57 and ive got my dining room light on lol

Gone really dark, eerie, calm and very muggy.

The only noises i can here are my 2 Yorkies play fighting lol :)

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Thunderstorms developing on the French/Belgium border look like they have a SE England steer on them.

• Like 1

Posted

Sun kept trying to break though half an hour ago but it's just cloud now and looking darker towards Surrey/Heathrow.

There is a strange smell in the air like others have mentioned..like earthy, metallic rhubarb. Ah I've just become to Jilly Goulden of the stormy air sniffing world! :D

25.6.c here and at local weather station and it's oppressively muggy out there.  We need a storm now as it's uncomfortable.

Speed-reading manual of a Sony rx100 incase we get some night-time lightning. I'm getting excited now...which is a guarantee we'll get nothing here!!

Edit: big blobs of rain just started.

Edited by Team Squirrel