Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

why is it so hard to get  decent multicell storms tracking north like in the good old days,  they just dont work anymore,  i blame vapour trailling and chemi trailing  , looked like they were out in force this morning

Please tell me you aren't serious?

• Like 2

Posted

Yeah, and the Feds were responsible for the twin towers  :D

lol I am exploring all options as to why storms are getting harder to form and then stay active , even if it seems like unlikely reasons , so come on, can you explain the diminishing thunderstorms, :nea:   

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

I think half the time the problem is folk have too much acsess to 'weather media' everything saying something slightly differant! Phone apps are my biggest gripe,the times i have seen folk say they have lightning symbols or snow symbols and then sit back and expect it to come to their house!

Thats not a criticism of folk here,just a general observation of Joe public in 21st century world.

• Like 1

Posted

the S-East had one of its best ever evenings/nights of storms that came from the East

it was quite unusual but spectacular

early in the season I seem to remember - May time must be 5-6 years ago ?

Posted

While I completely respect the met-office and the fickleness of the weather, not to mention the literally hundreds of factors and parameters that come into play to make an accurate forecast, what I do not understand is:

Every man and his dog knew that the MCS from northern France last night would leave behind a tonne of clag and mess that would inhibit surface heating. If a complete amateur like me knows this then how on earth do senior-meteorologists not factor this in when it happens literally EVERY time?tH

This is up there for me with the time the Meto said we "might" see the odd flurry of snow in the breeze throughout the afternoon when the reality was we got 8 hours solid of heavy snow and I got snowed into Festival Place in Basingstoke.

Wide of the mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well I'm content Mrs and beers just turned up.. Lmfao ;) oi oi

Storms come to London now plesse (and the lovely folk out West)

Hahah I nearly reported you just then by mistake!

Meant to press the quote button... Ooops

I'll probably be in your neck of the woods if the current radar is to be believed :-) good luck ! Surrey and Hampshire needs their thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I can't believe this. What a total mess up on the forecast. I am totally angry and annoyed at all these charts and forecast that predicted today that everyone would see thunderstorms. No one has even seen one yet and all I'm getting right now is cruddy crap rain, no thunder, no lightning, NOTHING! I hope the BBC get sued for this!

Their programmes are crap too. :D They should scrap that advert on News 24 when they say that  they can forecast the weather for the next 10 days with great accuracy thanks to their expertise In fairness models should not be taken literally to the last detail, they are showing the most likely scenario, it's open to change regarding the detail, right down to the last few hours. The models got the scenario correct, but showers are hard to pin down. Saying that, it's ******* drizzling here. :doh: My Argos weather station £5.99, has been saying 'heavy rain' since last night and I have drizzle. If Argos can't predict the weather correctly then nobody can. I think the met office computers cost a little more than my gizmo though. :D The drizzle is getting torrential here :yahoo:

You want to sue the weather forecasters for an inaccurate forecast?

What next? Suing ASDA for only providing 119 drawing pins in a 120 pack?!

I think someone already did that. :ninja:

• Like 2

I can't believe this. What a total mess up on the forecast. I am totally angry and annoyed at all these charts and forecast that predicted today that everyone would see thunderstorms. No one has even seen one yet and all I'm getting right now is cruddy crap rain, no thunder, no lightning, NOTHING! I hope the BBC get sued for this!

Well said William. I think you just summed up the national experience when it comes to severe weather :-)

I could have told you that earlier this morning. Something didnt look right so me about this setup and I decided to stay put in Manchester and not chase.

The only action now is the stuff coming into Kent and that will probably do something

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Temp has finally got past the 20c mark! Havent been outside for a good 90minutes but its muggy in my office.

post-15744-0-03941100-1434124671_thumb.j

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Please can you cut out the off topic posts. I am out chasing and just spent 5 minutes reading about being annoyed at forecasters and blaming them for the lack of storms 2 hours into the 12 hours of storm risk time!

Yes, homegrowns look unlikely now but look south at N France, that is heading to the UK.

That doesn't mean every single house in the risk zone will get struck by lightning though.

Currently raining near to Oxford with big plump raindrops.

lol I am exploring all options as to why storms are getting harder to form and then stay active , even if it seems like unlikely reasons , so come on, can you explain the diminishing thunderstorms, :nea:   

I can't explain it for your area but look at my signature, there's nothing diminishing in Essex. Sorry!

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's not water vapour from condensed air for sure.....

If anything that would actually help storms.

Posted

Over-reacting a tad perhaps? It's only the weather ......

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Huge storm in the distance towards the south east

If I was out and about, Crawley or Gatwick would be a good spot to start this evening since if the French setups behave as usual, the threat should be between east sussex to weymouth and up to the M4 corridor at most.

Having said that, as often as not French storms seem to stall across the channel meaning that all you get is a nice lightening show out to sea

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

There's an anvil over me right now, from that storm in the channel I presume, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Over-reacting a tad perhaps? It's only the weather ......

You say that but for some people it really means a lot, I guess you could compare it to a football or rugby in a way.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I can't explain it for your area but look at my signature, there's nothing diminishing in Essex. Sorry!

Same here. Not that there actually is anything to diminish. :D

Posted

Looks like it's massively dying off over the Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I would continue this warning to include funnel clouds sucking all hope followed by widespread debris including laptops and smartphones.

• Like 8