Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

chucking it down in Brighton 

Posted

take a look at the radar around Exeter .. Definitely potential for sparks there! 

Showers developing from nothing to torrential in around 10mins

same near Brighton.

Posted

A potent shower has just sprung up from near nowhere in Brighton.  Tipping it down right now.

EDIT - Also gone very dark.  Just goes to show that the potential is very much there

Edited by robmarks

Posted

According to radar, Brighton houses the most intense shower in the UK.

Drizzle and big rain drops here 19 showing on weather station muggy feeling perhaps things will kick off later

Radar shows that the drizzle is intensifying as it moves up the valleys! :)

Posted

According to radar, Brighton houses the most intense shower in the UK.

Radar shows that the drizzle is intensifying as it moves up the valleys! :)

Wow... this Brighton shower is torrential.  Rain rate of over 25mm/hour at present.  Just a roar outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything severe,preferably t storms

It's just started raining here,been cloudy all day so far, with the sun poking out every now and then,clouds seem to be getting a little darker and starting to look a little more "bubbly"?

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I'm in Brighton today - just north of Preston Park. Just heavy rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

It's gone very dark here, and I think I've just heard thunder...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Currently just outside Oxford with a few spots of rain outside and a muggy 22c despite the cloud. There was sunshine earlier though. Now just need it to kick off to my SE.

Posted

Boring - cold - cloudy and yucky here. Thought we would get to use the paddling pool I put up for little lady but guess not :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I've decided to watch twister in hope it improves my chances, if not it's still a good movie!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Some apocalyptic skies here at the moment, and it looks like there is a hailstorm coming. Sorry about the electricity wires in the photos, but this is my favoured direction, and the French are not discrete about such things! Too many trees in the back garden which block the sky unless I lie on the ground, which is too wet right now.

post-21857-0-14118300-1434113431_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I remember the mad 5th June 1983 storms in Dorset - it was humid and cloudy that day & all hell broke loose! Something will happen... & if it doesn't, I have a slab of beer to compensate :D

I remember it well!

I made a post about that last week, supercells developed and passed over our area on that day. :)

I'll never forget that storm.  I was 8 years' old and at school and as you say all hell broke loose.  Lightning everyway - struck the school playground and a house opposite the school.  Just before it went crazy the teacher said, "Don't worry children, it's not going to get any closer"!  What a storm!

Cliffy - please could you post a link to your post about this storm - I'd love to read it.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the storm I'm thinking of was 1982.

Edited by Luke Best
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

I know it is not an accurate representation but the temperature has really climbed in Northants, I was out in the car over lunch and (as I said not intending it to be accurate but it is all I had to go on at the time) the outside temp was recorded as being 27c whilst moving, it is like getting into an oven when you leave the cosy confines of an air conditioned environment, very very humid and the sky is looking stormy (not to say anything will happen but...).

Very warm now here.

Edited by chillyblast

Posted

Suddenly the temperature is responding and the sun is starting to break through 19.2°C

Posted

Looks like the day is just going to turn into a wash out. I think the rain moving over the channel will just remain that. I don't think the triggers are so present as forecast, although they are still there, just not as strong in my opinion. Thundery rain may be more likely rather than Thunderstorms i think.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I should add that we could really do with a good soaking, as we've been lacking in rain here the past couple of months, and it's starting to show with leaf drop and dry grass everywhere.

Agree, been very dry here, grass going yellow, ground like concrete. Would be happy just to see some heavy convective rainfall to be honest!

• Like 1

Posted

The low level cloud is not shifting at all here in Amersham, I was rather hoping for a little sun today

Yes very much the same here in Aylesbury

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Looks like the day is just going to turn into a wash out. I think the rain moving over the channel will just remain that. I don't think the triggers are so present as forecast, although they are still there, just not as strong in my opinion. Thundery rain may be more likely rather than Thunderstorms i think.

The further in the day we get I am also feeling this way but I am still holding out hope! It has to happen once..... eventually... maybe? lol

• Like 1

Posted

just popped outside to have a look around the air smells earthy sky looks the same when i had a early morning Thunderstorm on the 7/6/2014. same looking sky.