Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

The South Gloucestershire Council offices just as the hail began

Hail.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 hours ago, Essex Easterly said:

Here you go :)

1934549_10153448535239209_41523208578063

I was a complete:drunk-emoji: and posted in the wrong thread:reindeer-emoji: but thank you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Merry Christmas to fellow posters in the south west. Have a great day. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Good morning and all the best for Christmas ,lovely morning for ducks and kite flyers .

lets hope the weather pattern does a flip for the new year ,plenty of sunshine cold crispy nights and snow south of that dreaded M4  coridoor ,off to put the turkey in,:santa-emoji::drunk-emoji: cheers all 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Merry crimbo!

Wet & windy today.

Temp: 13.5°C - Hum: 91% - Bar: 1018.07hPa, Steady - Rain: 3.3mm - Wind: S/SSW gusting 25mph.

I've finally got my hosting and domain name sorted. I was farting about with Highcharts for a few hours, to show my weather data, neatly in graph form.

A few stats..

567d30140aa74_chart(2).thumb.png.ba074dc   567d3004b3d39_chart(1).thumb.png.0c74c3e   chart.thumb.png.534363828393a9003f13df50

567d301aca3aa_chart(3).thumb.png.ff9c842   567d3022cc067_chart(4).thumb.png.e691bc3

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Merry Xmas & happy new year to one & all :drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Happy Christmas folks. Damp and breezy. 12.6c.   Supposed to be mild. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Even a meaningless day 10 op chart has one thing right...

ecms1.thumb.png.f43d76fad1d5c00434099645

Spot the M4 corridor?

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, AWD said:

Even a meaningless day 10 op chart has one thing right...

ecms1.thumb.png.f43d76fad1d5c00434099645

Spot the M4 corridor?

Ha ha! At least you rightly note 'meaningless' in terms of current range...! Some on model thread querying why UKMO haven't mentioned any possible colder E/SE solutions (yet). But reality is that way back on 20th, EC-ENS was picking up a weak signal in clusters for this sort of possibility early Jan (eg see attached example, bottom cluster). But you cannot expect public forecasts to include detail of every divergent nuance outcome suggested in every cluster of every NWP suite... not least given much more pressing and higher confidence aspects of ongoing risks from impactful weather in medium range. That's rightly where emphasis of message must lie - not in flagging a *small minority* signal for possible easterlies at circa 10+ day range (as was later picked-up by GEM and GFS Op runs).

If and when EC-EPS and MOGREPS tally on this outcome and flag it as looking likely, focus of message will duly shift. But right now, the key priority is forecasting matters late Dec, which looks decidedly challenging enough around warnable wind/rain events. 

Screenshot_2015-12-20-23-06-01.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There are some poor folk who may not have extended holiday over the xmas period, and so they'll be either commuting to work, or travelling back home early next week- not good given what the models are throwing up for Western parts of the UK. :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy.  Breezy. SSW 13km/h. Temperature 12.9c. Humidity 86%rh. 

Posted

This synoptic set up seems to be locked in for Saturdays recently ; stalling front to the NW, balmy and windy S/SW flow over our region, some drizzle and some bright spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

As if by magic a possible cold spell for the week im off on holiday :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
4 hours ago, Nights King said:

As if by magic a possible cold spell for the week im off on holiday :rofl:

Certainly interesting model watching but going by what the models are suggesting at the moment, which of course will change, is that for any possible battleground scenario the further north and east you are in the uk the better placed you will be to possibly see some of the white stuff. 

Still a long way to go though and at least the models are painting an interesting picture, apart from the near term that is which certainly isn't a pretty site to see yet more heavy rain forecasted to hit the areas up north that can't take anymore. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Going by the latest output,i think the word "battleground" will start to appear more and more over the coming days.

Hate that word.Only means one thing for me in cornwall,Rain,rain and more rain.

Usually a snowfest for all parts East, bar here.:angry:

• Like 1

Posted

Having been a follower of the MO tread for the 10days or so, I have to say it's time to leave the reading of the thread, before I go insane. Clearly in the short term we are in for some more clear liquid and our current ambient temperatures. Little more concerned if I see the jet swing south as that will or course cause us problems in the region.

Pleasant day, out there, time in the garden pruning back the old growth, even now a lot of new growth starting to take hold. El Robino keeps his eye peeled in case I stir something edible up for him in the process of clearing out the old growth.

Posted
4 hours ago, cornish snow said:

Going by the latest output,i think the word "battleground" will start to appear more and more over the coming days.

Hate that word.Only means one thing for me in cornwall,Rain,rain and more rain.

Usually a snowfest for all parts East, bar here.:angry:

If the swing of the present flow swings south, as it will, then yes , concerned for those in the west that may get hammered with floods, rather than any other form of precip.

• Like 1