Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

I tink Sonnia is talking about the ecm run Mapantz but the same point applies as it's at T240 and today's analysis wont verify. But as you say with the Atlantic so active there's a good chance we will cop one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, knocker said:

I tink Sonnia is talking about the ecm run Mapantz but the same point applies as it's at T240 and today's analysis wont verify. But as you say with the Atlantic so active there's a good chance we will cop one.

Ahh, Ok. Cheers knocks! I hadn't looked at the ECM- most folk just post the GFS when it shows the deep lows, so I assumed that's what was being referred to. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

8.2c. Humidity 99%rh.  breeze 7km/h. Southerly.   Precipitation 3.0mm Today.   1.2mm last hour.  Pressure 992.1 hpa Falling.        So it is wet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow
17 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I dont want to cause a riot, but WE HAVE BLUE SKY!!!!

Chuck it down here could you....:)

Posted
4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

It's on its way!

:good:

Posted

Very wet here, driving rain in the strong wind. A third of Decembers rain has fallen in three days. lol

Holy crapola! It has turned torrential!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

another horrendous day, steady rain with plenty more to come.....still, i'm tucked up nice and warm watching England batter the Saffers in the cricket

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

You're under the squall line, mapantz!  It narrowly missed us going to the south.

Local rivers and streams are well up, one actually has a flood warning on, the others are on flood alert.  OH has just come back from Cerne Abbas and reports that the A352 is almost impassable just to the north of Minterne and our road from Sherborne is more like a river than a road but, thankfully, very shallow.

Posted

Incessant rain all morning here. 9c.

Here's hoping for a 'flip' by mid-month and i'm not worried if it's a mild dry solution either!

Posted

Windy....raining and squall line approaching looking at the radar....just yuk out there...:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Windy & Wet its getting like Groundhog day (which must be soon)

Posted

Squall just passed through with a bit of hail chucked in...

Posted

The weather's been more active the last few days (at last). Wednesday the 30th had 60mph gusts on the coast, pretty stormy looking, then heavy rain just west of here caused some flooding of nearby streams and the river. Quite a lot of flooding around the lanes too. 17.6mm here but more nearby.

River high again yesterday after 18.2mm on the 1st/2nd (but more up-river)

Earlier this morning there was heavy rain with strong winds averaging 28mph gusting 40mph on my station (we seem to get SSE/SE winds quite strongly despite a hill in that direction). 13.8mm of rain fell (though no squall segments here, as ever)
Lots of water on the roads.

Now cleared to some nice sunshine.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Day 64 of November and it's the same old weather. Drying out now though with glimpses of sun now appearing.

Posted

If anyone is interested, I have set up a MySQL database and imported all my data from Wunderground (If anyone understands MySQL, you'll know how long it all took)

Anyway, I have been setting up a template- although I won't use it as my main page, but, it does show one hell of a lot of data! The  guy who made it has spent a ridiculous amount of time adding all of it in, some of the statistics it can generate is even beyond me lol

You can even set up colours/fonts for how you want the site to look.

If you have a spare 15 minutes, have a look around- there's tons to click and look through!

http://www.warehamwx.co.uk//template/index.php

lol - Never knew this existed.. http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/template/pages/maps/global.php

Edited by Mapantz
Just found this
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Mapantz that is awesome, I had a dabble with php a few weeks ago on my site but gave up after banging my head against a brick wall, barely even got the standard template working :D

Just to let you know it is very slow to load here for some reason, takes a good 10 seconds, not on a great connection but it is about 13Mb, will try again with some other browsers, who's the guy behind it and how much does he charge? :snowman-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

Mapantz that is awesome, I had a dabble with php a few weeks ago on my site but gave up after banging my head against a brick wall, barely even got the standard template working :D

Just to let you know it is very slow to load here for some reason, takes a good 10 seconds, not on a great connection but it is about 13Mb, will try again with some other browsers, who's the guy behind it and how much does he charge? :snowman-emoji:

I think there's an issue with the server, I cannot get in to my cpanel at the moment. I have sent them a mail regarding the issue, hopefully it'll pass,

Jachym doesn't charge a penny for it! Absurd considering the level of detail he has put in (Highcharts etc..) There's extra plugins available, and it's all totally customisable. I don't know if I should have it as my main page or not? Needed feedback to be fair.