Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Sent my wife out in to the garden yesterday, to check on the plant growth. We still have raspberry, and strawberry plants with flowers & fruit. Need to go and dig some spuds up to see how their doing. Huge amount of colour out there, so clearly the warmth is having a major effect on the plant growth this season.My friend has had to move the hedgehog to somewhere a little cooler in his house, as the poor thing wont sleep it's so mild. Big problem appears to be, the weeds are growing ballistic..:nea:

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Mild & cloudy for a change.

2015-12-18.thumb.png.935c3c6e22d809c91a2

2.4mm of rain and 16°C yesterday. :blink2:

Currently..
Temp: 13.1°C - Hum: 87% - Bar:  1018.51hPa - Wind:  SW/SSW - 12mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
10 hours ago, legritter said:

thought i would pop in ,spent several months now nursing my 93 yr old mother in law but now things are easier i can now spend a bit more time on my weatjher hobby .

Still today seeing more bumble bees and birds not even bothering with bird table etc .

we had a humming bird hawk moth the other day feeding on my late larks spur plants ,and frogs still moving about in this crazy weather ,some signs today in the charts of something cooler in the far outlook ,but as usual all subject to change ,lets hope we can get some nice wintry weather in the new year ,south of the M4 of course .:snowman-emoji:

Called in to see my sister today ,she seeded a new lawn back in september and it looks so green and quite long but leaving any cutting to next spring .

still plenty of bumble bees about and some big flys today ,looks like an end could be in sight with our record warmth lets hope we can get some nice crisp days and a nice Mantle of snow ,cheers .

Posted

How hot would today have been in July? Stalling cold front and feed of dryer Southerly air with increasing sunshine through the day.

My temp record will surely go again, already 14.2c so only half a degree more needed.

Posted

Not sure, it's still SSW winds (or at least SW-SSW orientated isobars), but I reckon this spell in summer would give a very warm/humid month (perhaps a tad like August 199/2004?), but with plumes of hotter air on some days (Wed/Thurs and today) where central southern and eastern parts would break 30C.

The hottest summer days tend to come with a continental flow which would normally be cooler in winter.

It's 13.3c here which is lower than most again, highest was 13.6c in the night. It seems inland and to the lee of high ground has the 14-16C temperatures, while near the coast it's closer to the sea temperature.. just like summer.

Posted

Outside this morning sanding some of the furniture in preparation for a new top coat. Amazingly warm, breeze every now again just reminds you it is December. Time to get digging some spuds up methinks in readiness for eating later in the week. Robin, keeps popping in for some food as I dig around the garden. I wonder if homegrown garden strawberries & raspberries in december is a first, tiz for me. Oh and some tomatoes strill ready for eating in the greenhouse, amazing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Light drizzle with a southerly breeze at 12km/h.    13.2c with humidity at 89%rh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
On 18/12/2015 at 11:42 AM, legritter said:

thought i would pop in ,spent several months now nursing my 93 yr old mother in law but now things are easier i can now spend a bit more time on my weatjher hobby .

Still today seeing more bumble bees and birds not even bothering with bird table etc .

we had a humming bird hawk moth the other day feeding on my late larks spur plants ,and frogs still moving about in this crazy weather ,some signs today in the charts of something cooler in the far outlook ,but as usual all subject to change ,lets hope we can get some nice wintry weather in the new year ,south of the M4 of course .:snowman-emoji:

still amazingly mild today but just had some steady rain and wind still howling down the chimney ,

.managed to dig up some spuds yesterday ,some were a bit rotten but enough for quite a few meals .As Dorsetbread also pointed out, our Robin waited to have a feed on any food i dug up ,today no sign of bumbles but a group of about 20 long tail tits arrived making a noise then left when our neighbours cat arrived ,signs of something cooler later next week ,well mad saturday went well today most shopping now done ,going to have a sausage bap and wrap a few presents ,my brussels up the garden look good considering will pick them christmas eve cheers gang :snowman-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the ecm ext this evening I see the ridge to our east gradually weakens and moves east bringing more zonality into play with temps returning to near average but perhaps more unsettled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Gusty out  there a blowing through trees  and creating a racket.   Trying to get to sleeeeeeep.....  

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Still bright and breezy here, line of showers split around us and what fell barely wet the ground.

Photo taken on edge of village around half ten.

P1000191 (800x525).jpg

• Like 1