Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
8 hours ago, ARTDEMOLE said:

S. Westerly gusting to 23km/h.     Temperature 11.6c.  Humidity 74%rh.

Are you sure your gusts were only 23km/h? You must be very sheltered.

It was blowing a hoolie here from around midnight until 18.00 with some extremely strong gusts which must have far exceeded 50mph, made a mockery for the local footballers this pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Another day of not much of a diurnal range this December, 10.3c the low, 12c the high. Only single-digit minimum this month came about on the early hours of the 4th. Several gusts in the high-thirties mph at home during the eraly hours, which in itself is somewhat of a rarity as we are well sheltered to our South and West. 41mph the high during the height of the day, often you can add approximately 10 to say 15mph  to get an idea of what it would be elsewhere. Oh for a somewhat calmer perhaps frosty day or day, well maybe around the 10th December that might just happen and then I anticipate a differing scenario to the current one developing from the 12th onwards. For now though, I am saying no more on this latter aspect. :)

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wind seems to be getting a tad stronger now. Not gonna help me get to sleep tonight. SW facing window isn't the best tonight! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A bit of a drizzard at the moment and 12.7°C

Screenshot_2015-12-06-17-09-42.thumb.png

Nice! Are we able to access the stream?

Posted

In the mad-house if anyone states again "in the 8 to 10 day" range, it'll be Easter before anything of notable chilliness happens. They said that 2 and a half week ago and sod all is different.

Now it's mid December for cold, some know-all will state next week that a cold spell will be for the 24th......10 days away. Rinse and repeat us the phrase.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cloudy start, brightening up with some sunny spells. 5.1mm of heavy-ish drizzle last night.

Currently 12.9°c - 90% humidity - pressure 1024.6hPa - Light winds from South to South East.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Positively springlike out there at the moment with sunshine, broken cloud, a light breeze and the temperature approaching 14C! I don't mind these temperatures if sunshine is going to come with it!

Posted

I think the cloud cover is largely around coasts and hills with it quickly breaking up inland and to the North of high ground, probably promoting a foehn effect temperature wise.

Staggeringly I have set my December max record for the 3rd time in 7 days!

Warm enough to work outside wearing shorts/t-shirt, windows open to comfortably air the house, washing drying well on the line, the only thing telling me it is really December 7th is the very low sun angle!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

After a gloomy start, it cleared to give sunny skies and a pleasantly warm afternoon.  Managed time in the garden without need for a jacket.  Max at 13.9°C, but actually felt warmer.

Posted

There really are some hard nuts on this forum if they're wearing shorts as well as teeshirt in this weather. Either that or I'm just a wuss not even considering such until it's at least 20C, and that's out of summer. I suppose at least it's nice to go to the gym without the need for a coat.

Interesting back edge cloud formations as the cold front cleared east this morning, and now mostly clear sky with sunshine. Now just need the temperature to drop considering a cold front has just moved through.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

There really are some hard nuts on this forum if they're wearing shorts as well as teeshirt in this weather. Either that or I'm just a wuss not even considering such until it's at least 20C, and that's out of summer. I suppose at least it's nice to go to the gym without the need for a coat.

Interesting back edge cloud formations as the cold front cleared east this morning, and now mostly clear sky with sunshine. Now just need the temperature to drop considering a cold front has just moved through.

I agree re the back edge cloud Mike, was lovely to watch it pass over while I was out working in Melksham.

Shock horror the temperature has actually dropped into single figures since midday, 9.8c now and showery/breezy after earlier max of 12.6c .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

1.8mm of rain last night, 3.1mm this morning.

Currently sunny spells and breezy. Winds, WSW 15mph. 

Temp: 12.9°C  - Hum: 69% - Bar: 1021.89hPa - Steady.

Screenshot_2015-12-08-13-15-04.thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

similar conditions here as well............plus one rather beefy shower about an hour ago

Posted

Thankfully the sun did come out shortly after my post yesterday.

Also quite sunny today with one heavy shower a couple hours ago (so similar to other posts), makes a change.

Temp still went up to 13.1C in the sunshine before that shower (though it was 13.2C at 1:06am), and is currently 11.1C

Posted

Sky going black to the west - showers incoming methinks.

Posted

A nice day with the sun making an appearance which is quite rare this year.

Sky: Patches of blue sky and a mix of clouds.

Rainfall : 0mm , but some showers in the distance.

Temp : 9.C

Also a potential horseshoe vortex cloud today(a video I just watched looked exactly like it.) at around 8:20. It was long and thin and lasted for around half a minute.