Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I'm really confused - are storms due tonight or tomorrow? Some say yes, some say no.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Just look at how many strikes that storm is producing in Belgium, must be quite a sight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Hmmm. That lot over Benelux making a turn to the left somewhat? The same thing happened last year on July 19th and clobbered East Anglia..

if it follows it current track could clobber east anglia GFS 12z had it just to the east of the coast the 06z had it slightly further west

Some soggy migrants in Calais I would imagine :0..

perhaps lightning struck the fence they were holding onto problem solved at a strike sorry meant stroke

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Beeb playing it down now saying the risk of torrential rain and thunder is 'low' and that the graphics are 'pessimistic'. Do I sense a last minute change of mind before the graphics department could downgrade their images?

Posted

latest bbc forecast has the main attention according to them focusing more on the north and west overnight with some locally torrential rain this appears to be than band from sw England wales going upto into sctoland they also show some lightning symbols for much of england but I suspect that's a bit overdone their grpahics don't match what they say on their own forecast then for tomorrow this band move from west to east not really amounting to much until the afternoon when locally heavy and thundery downpours are possible again in SE england and east anglia as front goes through something they're keeping there eye on so stay tuned

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The cell to the NW of Amiens could have anywhere east of London in its sights. Agreed on East Anglia looking good too. I am considering taking a trip out if it can get as far north as say Lincolnshire.

Posted

Beeb playing it down now saying the risk of torrential rain and thunder is 'low' and that the graphics are 'pessimistic'. Do I sense a last minute change of mind before the graphics department could downgrade their images?

I would say so yes after that in the SE moves northwards their attention moves to the rainband out west which is due to move eastwards tomorrow and could generate thunder downpours in the E/SE tomorrow afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I'm really confused - are storms due tonight or tomorrow? Some say yes, some say no.

Some say TomAto...some say Tom-ar-to...

Let's call the whole thing off.....

Posted

Nothing for our parts. Latest beeb forecast showed a swathe of central southern England under heavy rain and lightening for later on this evening but just think they're covering themselves ! Tomorrow pretty much the same apart from a few moderate rain periods zzz

Posted

Nothing for our parts. Latest beeb forecast showed a swathe of central southern England under heavy rain and lightening for later on this evening but just think they're covering themselves ! Tomorrow pretty much the same apart from a few moderate rain periods zzz

YEP BBC just covering themselves with that spread of graphics even though East Anglia could get hit from that in the SE most of it still currently over the water moving north and most precipitation forecasts show that easing between 2100 and 0000 of course take that as you will

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted

Anyone in Clacton or Walton on Sea, Orwell river area and Dedham Vale up through to Ipswich?

Gone really gloomy here in Colchester, no rain yet.

Blitzortung says lightning 23 miles SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Well that was a depressing day. Spent most of it working outside and getting p155ed on. Where I'm working at present in Surrey, not far from Heathrow, we had some persistent moderate-heavy rain and two rumbles of thunder and nothing else. Highly boring. I can see that as per usual it was a Kent Clipper although Sussex got in on the action too. 

And holy mother of God has anyone seen lightningmaps.org?!?!? 

Exploding over Belgium! With a bit of luck it'll give the bureaucrats from the EU parliament a soaking. 

Posted

now that the beeb and the meto have backed off a tad (as they do sometimes jinx it) - we should get our storms lol

• Like 1