Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted

I think that I am to far west to get those storms over north east France.

You are as are the majority of people not in the Extreme South East, even they may miss out.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

New cell developed out of nowhere over Tunbridge Wells. I likey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just got back from Kings Hill Kent, Surrey in comparison is like the Sahara desert, doesnt look like there was much rain at all in comparison to the Deluge in Kent

There wasn't anything here in dover either, but not sure I want that stuff that seems to be edging this way from NE france at the min, I really want that to go north sea.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Wouldn't it be ironic if one of the ones who were complaining about not getting any lightening, likes it's a personal vendetta by mother nature were actually struck by lightening lol

it's swings and roudabouts but southeast/south central always fair better i'm afraid as sad as that may be but there's always rules to the exception....We had some pretty good thunderstorms last year by Exeter's standards anyway.

Hopefully we'll all see something eventually...

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Overshooting tops on that storm approaching Calais! A defined outflow boundary too as already pointed out by Nick L :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Overshooting tops on that storm approaching Calais! A defined outflow boundary too as already pointed out by Nick L :)

sorry for the question but what bearing does this have i tried looking it up but has left me little wiser

looks like the women's test match in canterbury could be off again soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

those storms deffo don't want to pay Belgium a visit (jesus!) but do they want to pay the UK one.. 

If they want to go to belguim, they can't do a U turn, look at lightning maps, they would have to do a V turn!  :rofl:

Posted

sorry for the question but what bearing does this have i tried looking it up but has left me little wiser

looks like the women's test match in canterbury could be off again soon

Outflow boundary is a phenomena that kind of acts like a new cold front given a chance for new storm development. They spread most rapidly in the direction of low level winds,

post-5986-0-71919400-1439479141_thumb.gi

Which, in the case of Calais, is SW, which means possible new storm development to the west of this one, which means the UK has a much better chance of seeing some - current storm may just clip Kent, for instance.

Edited by VillagePlank
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Outflow boundary is a phenomena that kind of acts like a new cold front given a chance for new storm development. They spread most rapidly in the direction of low level winds,

attachicon.gifwind.gif

Which, in the case of Calais, is SW, which means possible new storm development to the west of this one, which means the UK has a much better chance of seeing some - current storm may just clip Kent, for instance.

would that expalin why Brighton was added to amber warning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

attachicon.gifwind.gif

Good call, cell sparked  just SW of Calais

Edited by TN26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

sorry for the question but what bearing does this have i tried looking it up but has left me little wiserlooks like the women's test match in canterbury could be off again soon

It means the storm has a very powerful updraft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Those lovely storms in NE France look like missing the UK entirely, maybe scrape the extreme SE/E though they'll probably have dissipated a bit by then. Need stuff to fire off further W across N France or the Channel....some storms about to move over Paris from the south or is that lump of cloud not electrified?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light rain just started here.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Amiens storm now tracking more North East so looks like it will miss the UK entirely

Correct I've been watching them for awhile now, a more north, north east direction. So not looking as hopeful unless we can get storms to fire more west

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

The sky is lightening here! . There isn't any lightning though!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

An outflow boundary is caused by the downdraft of a storm. The downdraft is a cold, descending flow of air from the storm, usually coinciding with falling precipitation. As this cold, dense air hits the ground, it spreads out away from the storm, causing a convergence zone, which can instigate further storms.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

The sky is lightening here!. There is no lightning though! Oops dam phone. Lightening lightening its brightening up hahaha.

Edited by Sprites