IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Some nice clouds here now :)

post-10954-0-46834200-1437061183_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

not in Devon but France. I'll send something over but need a storm fix myself. I think they are tracking too far to the North East of me

We don't have much chance anyways, I think everyone has more chance than me! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Other than the fact it indicates a pretty unstable atmosphere, the Channel/E Kent stuff is not tickling my fancy. All activity is heading due North East and appears very pulse like in nature.

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

That's the North Thanet district that Kent storm. Hope a supercell hits South Thanet and drops large hail on them. It's the least they deserve after they voted in another tory over Farage. 

I know some will disagree, but I couldn't resist. 

it amazes me that people still think UKIP and the TORIES are so different apart from a more extreme view on the EU UKIP is a TORY party clone and voting farage in wouldn't have been different perhaps a rise in the local pub trade and like the poster I'm quoting I'm sure some will disagree but It annoys me that people think UKIP are so different from the TORY cloth they were cut from

RANT OVER and Now back to the weather

GFS 12z has the rain focused mainly on the SE for the next few hours and judging by There's a little taster there for those that want it

Helen Willets has most of action This Evening and Tonight ove C/S England moving over East Anglia Lincolnshire (No Surprise) and into Yorkshire which seems to follow the most recent GFS outlook

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Some nice clouds here now :)

Stunning undulatus there!!  :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

not in Devon but France. I'll send something over but need a storm fix myself. I think they are tracking too far to the North East of me

Ooh, where are you Cakie? I've just spent most of the afternoon on the phone to various people in Limousin and they are baking over there. I've got two weeks to wait until I get back...and I just got a job there too! Everyone's dying not just for a storm, but for some rain - it's getting a bit seriously dry in places...

I won't be disappointed if West/North Yorkshire doesn't get anything tonight, we've had our share so far. Having said that, Mother Nature seems full of surprises on the thunderstorm front these days...

Posted

Yeah, but I still wouldn't rule out us here, we have quite of instability especially across Devon, Somerset and Dorset and 850 hPa winds come from this.

That is true but any storms that do develop further west would only be pulse type storms whilst further east it would be more organised. 

• Like 1

Posted

I'm South of Angers for just over another week, then two weeks near Le Mans. It is very hot, 35c, bit like being back in Abu Dhabi. Hoping it will cool down tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I do think everything has moved East a little and earlier than expected. I don't think it will develop along the trough until it is at least past London

does look like it GFS has it a little more E than before unless I'm reading it wrong which could be a possibilitiy knowing me and well as I do

Edited by Gordon Webb

Windsor park is a little out of the zone for me. Needs to be more East. Also, isn't that where the big lake is? Or am I thinking Virgina Water

Virgina water lake is a beauty as it's best and some cracking spots up there to, also if you go to one of my secret spots there, you can get to a pub in 10 minutes  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Virgina water lake is a beauty as it's best and some cracking spots up there to, also if you go to one of my secret spots there, you can get to a pub in 10 minutes  :yahoo:

Well I'm not far from there so if you care to give a few clues I could join you somewhere.

Currently making my way to Richmond hill but worried about light pollution potentially spoiling the view. Also got to fit dinner in and there's so much radar and forum to keep up with!

Well I'm not far from there so if you care to give a few clues I could join you somewhere.

Currently making my way to Richmond hill but worried about light pollution potentially spoiling the view. Also got to fit dinner in and there's so much radar and forum to keep up with!

Oh and u spelled Virgina wrong *chortle*

Problem with up there getting a 3G signal is easier in a cave in the Arctic so if we do venture up there, we cut ourselves of  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Problem with up there getting a 3G signal is easier in a cave in the Arctic so if we do venture up there, we cut ourselves of  :rofl:

Well that's no good! Unless u can use smoke radar...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

it amazes me that people still think UKIP and the TORIES are so different apart from a more extreme view on the EU UKIP is a TORY party clone and voting farage in wouldn't have been different perhaps a rise in the local pub trade and like the poster I'm quoting I'm sure some will disagree but It annoys me that people think UKIP are so different from the TORY cloth they were cut from

RANT OVER and Now back to the weather

GFS 12z has the rain focused mainly on the SE for the next few hours and judging by There's a little taster there for those that want it

Helen Willets has most of action This Evening and Tonight ove C/S England moving over East Anglia Lincolnshire (No Surprise) and into Yorkshire which seems to follow the most recent GFS outlook

Fair comment - True, definitely a lot of ex-tories in UKIP however they took a hell of a lot of votes from ex-labourites up north and in the midlands, and this has been well documented after the election. 

"Perhaps a rise in the local pub trade" haha made me laugh that! 

Now back on the weather: Wonder if anything is gonna develop over Jersey/N-W France way? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Regarding the plume, my forecast is that storms will kick off within and only in the 15C line, west/north-west of the shortwave....so its looking like a SE event, with most of the UK missing out.

h850t850eu.pngh850t850eu.pngh850t850eu.png

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

Thundery skies here, big spots of rain, heavy shower approaching on radar. 

Posted

The sky looking ENE of here. Lots of Ac Cas!

post-21578-0-04949800-1437063519_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A case of radar watching. GFS suggests SE of England only but we all know storms don't read cape forecasts

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

In Holyhead camping and it's been raining moderatly for half an hour. What is this?

Posted

In Holyhead camping and it's been raining moderatly for half an hour. What is this?

Just a shower associated with the cold front moving slowly in from the west.

• Like 1