Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

You want more rain?

I think we've had enough lol

ECM  216 can only dream fantasy world sadly http://wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm2161.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Between weather systems and under brief clear skies the temperature has fallen to 1c.

It's going to have to do some serious climbing again shortly otherwise there a chance that the next band of rain could possibly start off a little bit sleety.

I'm sure that common sense will prevail though and it will be plain old boring rain when it arrives.

Posted

I've not really been paying attention to the weather nation-wide, but was under the impression the whole country has been wet - wrong! Much of the Midlands, South and Northern half of Scotland have been at/below average for rainfall. I'm amazed by that, considering how wet it has been for us. Looks like N England, S Scotland and Wales have copped the worst of it all.

I've never had SAD before, but this disgusting November has genuinely p****d me off big time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wet and breezy morning, currently 7.4c so the mild air is making inroads now after quite a cold day yesterday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
21 hours ago, Bolton67 said:

I'm disappointed the forecast  shows rain passing right through our region rather than stalling over us. 

It would've more interesting when I see huge totals of rain. Oh well. :(

You want more rain?

I think we've had enough lol

I like extreme weather as long as it is wet, windy, snowy or cold. Maybe combination. :)

Either one of them makes me smile, especially the record snow depth which may never happen. That is my opinion.

Edited by pip22

Posted

12 degrees milder than it was this time yesterday! Quite breezy and overcast but stayed dry this afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A better day today but TBH even a plague of locusts would have been an improvement on yesterday and the day before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Getting quite windy 

here !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 hours ago, Thunderbolt_ said:

Still 10C here, and it's just gone midnight. Mmm... lovely! :D

Yes would agree, was a good day yesterday DRY! and todays models keep todays and tomorrows rain out to the west, so hopefully 2 more dry days at 12°C

• Like 1

Posted

12.4c with rain, been quite a breezy morning also. 

Posted

Had the fleeting glimpse of the sun this morning as it popped out of a small opening in the slate grey cloud base, but the grey quickly returned.  The rain is not far from thee.  It looks quite light and patchy on the radar, but it will probably pep-up and pulse like a living heartbeat in and around our region over the next 36 hrs or so.

Posted

Bit cooler this afternoon as the winds have turned westerly with some cooler air, currently 8.7c after a high this morning of 12.5c. 

Posted

After an afternoon of constant rain and drizzle all but dry again for now.

thoroughly miserable weather.

• Like 1

Posted

its been a real poor day here cant remember the last time I had a day without rain and the weekend looks rubbishy too

:cold:

Posted
5 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

My lamppost has arrived ready to be installedimage.thumb.jpg.377c96f433dde7c1b796bf1c.  Ready for snowatching :yahoo:

that's a very posh lamppost where did you get that from b and q lol

I told you you were posh I have had to ring the council to get three of our lampposts fixed and when they came they were only fixing the wrong one good job we was in to point it out the the bloke who didn't seem best pleased when we pointed it out lol

• Like 1

Posted

Starry skies here with falling temps, 5.7c atm. 

• Like 1

Posted

well its beer oclock for me so I will let you know if I get a surprise dumping of snow lol