IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snow warning out from Met office for higher parts of Cumbria

C.S

Posted

I certainly wouldn't want to be up in the high cumbrian fells in this weather, I've got the Pennines on my doorstep, I wouldn't even want to go up there today.  Filthy weather.

It didn't look to bad on the radar 30 mins ago, but the Irish Sea is in 'shower generating mode' today, and particularly those on the coasts will be in for some wild weather at present.  This will filter inland through the rest of the afternoon.  So if you've not got it yet (Wind & Rain), you will have soon.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Was right nasty here earlier drivng rain and almost hurricane winds!!! Really bad.... The rains calmed down now but the winds are still fierce.

Posted

Was a few big gusts an hour ago....so much so saw my doormat outside flew past and hit the fence which was at one point nearly ripped apart.... A few nails and its a bit stronger..... Pork chops griddled and ready to roast with cider, apples and fennel, chicken stock fondant potatoes, creamed leeks and braised carrots all ready to go in oven.... Cider now poured too.... And murray wins meaning gb win davis cup...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Lots of damage around Manchester this afternoon all Fire engines are attending incidents and the public should only call 999 in an actual emergency

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted

Showers seemed to have clumped together more to the south of the region (midlands etc..)... appears a bit calm here after a few nasty squalls earlier.  Says 10c on windows tile, but it feels a lot colder than that.

Fallen tree on Broadway Chadderton not far from thee... a few issues on the road network around the North West.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Many places in Manchester have taken a battering from what looks like the SLWs with the squalls moving through.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-wind-beetham-tower-storm-10520494

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I have lost a small tree ...

Blimey :shok: Thought you were still in windy wild London. :shok: How did you get up norf so quick? :unknw:  Do you have a teleporter or something :cc_confused: How bad is storm Booboo or whatever it's called, up there? Have you decontaminated yourself yet?

• Like 1

Blimey :shok: Thought you were still in windy wild London. :shok: How did you get up norf so quick? :unknw:  Do you have a teleporter or something :cc_confused: How bad is storm Booboo or whatever it's called, up there? Have you decontaminated yourself yet?

lol, it's not a long train journey , decontamination is complete settling down with a beer with Lana :0..
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Rain gauge fell over, tripod leg's broke off, Can't fix it. Biggest gusts during the squall, one sucked my curtains out the window. Exciting.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-wind-beetham-tower-storm-10520494

looking wild in manchester at  the  moment

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Hearing lots of reports of roofs been blown of and fallen

Trees,Trams services have been disrupted as well as fligjts

According to further reports the worst is over.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Wow sounds like it was bad out there while I was sleeping. On checking my station stats, you wouldn't think so with recorded wind speeds of 5-10 and top gust of 27mph. I must admit though I heard it blowing and it sounded really rough.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It's calmed down here now but was certainly wild during the afternoon.

A torrential rain and hail shower came through about 30 minutes ago which left everything under about 2cm of white and then roads like rivers as it melted.

All quiet again now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After a brief lull, a shower streamer seems to be coming in off the Irish Sea again.

Not as much intensity as earlier but every few minutes I can hear the hail on the conservatory roof.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temp dropped away to 4.7c from a high of 8.3c earlier, had some hail showers rattling through as well and finally the wind is moderating but remains strong. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Still very windy here with strong gusts. No rain though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Just had a very short but very squally and heavy hail shower, most wintry its been all year.

Posted

A very windy day over the Lake District, was in Borrowdale, and there were sudden gusts and squally very heavy showers late morning/lunchtime making for very difficult walking conditions. Thankfully the winds eased through the afternoon and the heavy showers cleared. This evening has delivered hail showers. The fells should see quite a bit of snow tomorrow, and we may even see a frost tomorrow eve! before the mild air surges back on Tuesday.

A word on the met office warnings, they are shockingly inaccurate this evening, one warning removes Cumbria from the heavy rain warning for tomorrow, yet the radar forecasts suggests the Lake District will be pounded by heavy rain/snow tomorrow...

Posted

The winds have only just died down here. It was blowing a right hooley this afternoon.

A bleak outlook it has to be said. Depressing to see we can't shake off this egregious mildness even when there's actual wintry weather not that far north of here. I really can't wait to see the back of this rotten month, not that I'm expecting December to offer any respite. Grim.