Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I cant be the only one to think this cold snap has been absolute rhubarb?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Cold snap?

Have i missed something.

The boys on Weather Online think at least the first half of

December will be Zonal rubbish,with a possibilty of it turning

colder in the run up to Christmas , looking at the models i agree

with them 2-3 weeks of zonal,then see were we go from there

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temp fluctuating here, it's gone up to 0.7c now. 

Posted

A crisp evening, air frost, grass glistening white..

Its been a very 'wintry' feeling weekend, one of those to get out and about in, pity I couldn't make the fells.. the snowline is around 1800ft mark, hard to tell though, some sheltered NW aspects lower than this, western and southern slopes a bit higher. It is very notable how the band of precip fell apart as it crossed the central fells, NW and N fells have quite a good cover, yet fells of higher stature in the south have a rather thin coating.

The outlook is a very typical late autumn one, with the atlantic ruling the roost and fluctuating polar maritime/returning maritime/tropical maritime airstreams bringing heavy doses of rain and wind interspersed with showery cool air with some patchy frost in clearer spells and some wet snow for the highest tops.. Not very inspiring but 'seasonal' all the same.. I never expect much from the next 3 weeks in terms of snow and cold.. likelihood of cold weather tends to increase markedly once we enter the second half of December - its always a grin and bear it sort of time, - the dark wet dull days before Christmas..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

2.0C and set in its way.. it's been 2.0C for some time now, at least a few hours.

Posted

Dropped again here, minus 0.5c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A very slow drop here (Denton) -1.0°c currently. May just reach -2°C by morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Wow... really? I'm down to minus 4.1 here. I wonder if the cold air is sinking down to lower elevations and making this area much colder than the surroundings?

Well where I am is at low elevation and I know Failsworth, it's not exactly a frost hollow! Possibly inaccurate thermometer as you always seem to be colder than anywhere else and Warmer in the summer!

Edited by James M
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Yes, looks like a dodgy located sensor thunder. It's -2.6C here which is one of the coldest temperatures in the region according to the Metoffice WOW website. I know that temperature is accurate as it comes from a site which was always within .1C of my own thermometer.

Posted

As expected no frost here this morning! It's 3.9c currently after reaching minus 0.5c before I went to bed. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It is cold and frosty outside and its the first frost of the season.

Posted

Now up to 7.2c with a few spots of rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The first air frost, or frost of any kind for that matter, of the autumn so far last night. Min temp -0.6°C, currently 1.3°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's actually quite difficult to record an erroneous night temperature.. However if the sensor is near any kind of flat surface then i t may read lower than it should - especially if that surface has frost or ice on it (if the sensor is positioned just over a house roof or too close to the ground).

Here last night I recorded a minimum of +0.7C with the the first ground frost of the Autumn

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Bit damp now and 8.1c, breeze picking up as well. 

Posted

Very wet afternoon and feeling cool with a high of 8.3c, breezy as well.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wind picking up now ..

Not windy here but damp, drizzly and dark.

Not the nicest of evenings but it is November so only to be expected.