Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

At least 15 showers today, some merged into longer spells of rain in the morning, hours of rain in total - at least it is 10C, not miserable 4.  Sunshine amount = zero, cloud amount 8/8 all day, cloud base not higher than 150-200m.

Edited by rain_shadow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Maybe a bit of snow tomorrow night? Interesting.... Maybe a covering on the hills come saturday morning.....

See netweather forecast for me has 7cm snow tomorrow night too....

Meanwhile for those who live on low ground,very encouraging

Words from Fergie in the Mod thread this morning for the

Second half of December

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Looks like another very wet deluge to come next week:

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

Oh dear. :help:

I could easily see this month is the wettest of the year. Some places again could see over 24hrs of rain falling again.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Damp, breezy and mild @ 11.7c, bit of excitement over the weekend if you like wild weather... 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

After a very decent cold weekend, oh dear its back to miserable dark very wet raw weather this weekend. A max of 6 degrees and persistent heavy rain on Sat - great stuff just what you want when its out Christmas lights switch.. rubbish!!!

It looks like one of those very dark feeling weekends when there is hardly any light, making for a gloomy feeling. I shouldn't be so despondent, but I missed out on walking last weekend and really want to do some this weekend, but the forecast is so off putting even for a low level walk..

The outlook generally screams - flooding..

Posted

10c the low overnight, currently 11.2c, getting quite breezy now.... Cold front heading this way over Ireland, looking quite wet for a time this afternoon. 

Posted

Air temp has dropped nearly 5 degrees this afternoon as the cold front progresses and you can certainly feel the difference! 6.4c now after a high this morning of 11c, pouring down at the moment. 

Posted

Air temp has dropped nearly 5 degrees this afternoon as the cold front progresses and you can certainly feel the difference! 6.4c now after a high this morning of 11c, pouring down at the moment. 

Yes much or our region will feel this in the next hours of so, very slight squall line just passing through Preston/Manchester/Chester area now, following this is the cooler air your already experiencing.  Will only be cold rain in our parts but maybe the Scottish ski resorts will do good this weekend. 

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Moderate rain now as the cold front passes. Not much temp drop yet, currently 9.9°C from 12.1 pre-front.

Posted

Yes much or our region will feel this in the next hours of so, very slight squall line just passing through Preston/Manchester/Chester area now, following this is the cooler air your already experiencing.  Will only be cold rain in our parts but maybe the Scottish ski resorts will do good this weekend. 

Yeah not expecting any snow at this level!! May be the odd wintry-ish shower with uppers around -5/-6c for a time but less cold air will be moving in quite quickly tomorrow. 5.9c now. 

Quite a drop in temps this afternoon.

post-9615-0-38267200-1448639619_thumb.pn

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Raining her steadily with some heavy bursts ☔ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Rain here. Looking forward to the storm on Sunday. :)

• Like 1

Posted

4.5c here now and the rain is just about clearing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I spoke too soon with my last post. A dramatic temperature drop since then. Currently 5.3°C; that's a drop of 6.8C from 15:00.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Heavy rain for the last couple of hours and the same drop in temperatures as others have mentioned.

Currently 4.2c.

A thoroughly rotten evenings weather so far.

Posted

I'm trying to think of the last day I avoided getting wet either leaving the house first thing in the morning or coming home in the evening. At least one commute inexorably results in a soaking. Long past the "fed up" stage now.

Tonight has been the worst this month - impressive when you consider the competition. I've just lost my phone which I bought five years pretty much to the day thanks to the rain soaking right through my trousers.

post-10576-0-69067600-1448650971_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wind is getting up here and sounds like sleety rain on conservatory roof

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Rain cleared to showers with some sleet mixed in.

Dry and clear now and temperatures are at a chilly 2.7c so it could be interesting if more showers come in later in the night.

Possibly a dusting for some in the morning.

Posted

What a grim outlook - 4 days if near constant either drizzle, heavy or moderate rain and perhaps ooh about 2 hours of dryness, no sunshine on offer... it really is time for hibernation... dark days ahead..

Posted

Wet & windy this morning, temp 6.7c, plenty more rain to come looking at the radar.