Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

The initial band of rain has left us, but for whatever reason, typically for the NW of England, some light rain and drizzle has decided to mingle around for a laugh, particularly towards the East of the region. 

Looking forward to some rather settled weather towards mid week, but still remaining rather chilly, certainly feeling like it anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Second Tuesday running that I've decided to take a day off work to try and use holidays up.

Second Tuesday running that it's raining and with plenty more forecast.

Never mind, those outside jobs including putting Christmas lights up can wait until we get some dry weather that coincides with me being at home although looking at the models that is probably in the New Year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wet start to the day (Surprise).... 8.1c with a noticeable westerly breeze, looking at the radar there's more rain to come through the day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Dispite the rain,feels mild here,something we are going to

Have to get use to unfortunately over the next ten days or so.

Thrre is a possibility of some snow for highet ground over the

Weekend as a colder PM Northwesterly sets in briefly,baring

That Zonal is the word Accross the models this morning.

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Literally non-stop rain here for three days. It's ridiculous. When it comes to snow it's four flakes and then a week of frost & sun. When it's rain, oh no problem. Take a month of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Literally non-stop rain here for three days. It's ridiculous. When it comes to snow it's four flakes and then a week of frost & sun. When it's rain, oh no problem. Take a month of it.

that's why snow is such a novelty/fantasy, so rare as always expected when it's cold enough its dry, and when ppn about too warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Heavy burst of rain here. TBH November is the wettest month of this year. It won't be surprise if rivers are gonna get flooded again!!

Posted

These showers are coming alive off the Irish sea, and will merge together to probably appear like a continuous rain band for the rest of today.  I expect it will be rinse and repeat (with a few exceptions, tomorrow looking reasonably okay) to the rest of this week.  Cold rain at the weekend, and milder rain for the rest of next week.

Posted

Dried up now with a glimpse or two of sunshine, breezy and cool @ 7.5c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Don't think it's stopped raining since it came light, now it's pretty much dark again and no sign of it stopping yet.

These showers seem to have aligned themselves perfectly for maximum effect.

Not overly warm either with a maximum of 7c.

Posted

I'm trying to think of the last day I avoided getting wet either leaving the house first thing in the morning or coming home in the evening. At least one commute inexorably results in a soaking. Long past the "fed up" stage now.

• Like 1

Posted

I actually thought today was fairly interesting with a mix of convective showers and sunshine, even some hail recorded in those showers. 

Makes me hope we can have a set up of a proper low thicknesses cold polar westerly/NW'ly airstream with strong winds coming in from the Atlantic so those shower clouds can be more defined and perhaps even thundery/wintry. 

Also getting used to the fact just how much wetter this location is compared to Newcastle, a lot more days where rainfall is recorded. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Alas! That's just a fact of our location. We will always get more rain than snow.

Posted

Overcast but dry start, currently 7.5c after a low of 6.8c. 

Posted

Looks like the forecasts were well off for today. Only a feeble line of drizzle nowhere near the north west. Blue sky here.

Posted

Better day today in the sense that it didn't rain.

Felt cold and raw though and little in the way of sun up here to add any warmth.

Posted

Yup. Forecasts were not much good today. I feel the cloud over western areas was far more extensive & stubborn than predicted. Completely gloomy today. Few spots of rain, whilst the eastern side of The Pennines enjoyed the late autumn sunshine.

Nothing remotely cold on the charts either other than the odd PM incursion every now & then. Just a feeling, no scientific evidence behind it, but I think another very mild winter is to come. But in just under four weeks, the nights start getting shorter again, and the long road to the summer Equinox begins. Oh 11pm daylight, how I miss you. I don't think it would be so bad, but it's just the fact that sunshine has been a rarity for some time now. But I think we all knew it was coming after such a settled two thirds of Autumn. We're paying the price!

Posted

Dry here in southern softie land ,5.20 a pint they most be soft ....

Jesus Christ! £1.99 in Spoons!

Posted

not much chance of getting sloshed at these prices .....:0

Might as well just get a crate in and have a few mates round!

Posted

Dry here in southern softie land ,5.20 a pint they most be soft ....

Are you having a giraffe??!!!!

Dry calm evening here with some clear spells, 8.7c.