Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

I take that back just went outside it is snowing.... Very lightly.... Ie if it continued it would take a week to get a cm on the ground.... Its snowy flakes falling out of a moonlit sky....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Light rain, 2.7°C

Posted

Up to 15 inches of snow in Denmark ,kind of takes the jaffa cakes doesn't it ....

My brother said hed take photos tomorrow.... Reading tv2dk online..... Theyve got trees falling on motorways due to the heavy snow...police advising peeps to stay at home.... My brother lives where they are predicting 10-20 inches...... Hes got five on ground already.... Wish i was there....

• Like 2

My brother said hed take photos tomorrow.... Reading tv2dk online..... Theyve got trees falling on motorways due to the heavy snow...police advising peeps to stay at home.... My brother lives where they are predicting 10-20 inches...... Hes got five on ground already.... Wish i was there....

lol ,I picked that info from you !!:) I'm very jealous ... Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted

lol ,I picked that info from you !!:) I'm very jealous ...

Same here..... Makes 1-2cm feel diddlysquat.... Oh well im grateful to have seen flakes falling twice in november so far.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see a Met Office weather advisory for the North West region at the moment.

Don't get too excited though unless of course you live in the field on the Cumbria, Nothumberland corner where it relates to.

Meanwhile a cold night with a bit of frost here and no signs of any overnight snow.

Current temperature is 0.4c and we still.have much of yesterday's slight covering intact so this is certainly turning into one hell of a wintry spell....not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Dry and it'll be sunny once it rises a bit higher, current temp 1.7c. 

Posted

Sunny spells and chilly but less so than yesterday, currently 4.7c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

3.7c here but cloudy and without the sun, feels cold.

Seasonal though and IMO beats mild and rain any day.

Posted

7.8 C here, it was cloudy with heavy showers in the morning, but now it is only partly cloudy. This cold snap here produced some disgusting northerly winds, to reduce the temp to 2-3 C for sleet showers (it is a different story on the Welsh mountain tops which are white). IMO mild and cloudy (even with SW wind) is way better than the cloudy and windy 4-5C ("seasonal") crap (especially if one has to work outdoors). If it cannot be crispy with some frost in the morning or some snow, I well prefer 10-12C with occasional rain. We might finally get 1 frosty morning tomorrow, which will be the highlight of this "cold snap".  :)

Edited by rain_shadow

Posted

Up to 6c now, bit of cloud and sunny spells as well. 

Posted

Sleety snowbow over them there hills..... Can see snow falling on the hills to my north.....2.5c here and most of snow and ice has gone....fields above me still have some cover.....

Posted

Temp beginning to fall away now from a high of 6.4c, currently 4.9c. May get an early frost tonight before the wind begins to pick up later in the night with increasing cloud, guess I'll have to wait a while longer to get a proper all night frost to wake up to. 

Posted

6 c here ,air turning chilly now frost tonight ??.

It's possible especially early on in the night as later the cloud is set to increase and the westerly breeze pick up, the further south you are the better chance of an all night frost. 

Expected temps Monday morning.

post-9615-0-78498600-1448207163_thumb.pn

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Clear and calm with frost forming on cars now. 

Posted

Just dipped to minus 0.2c, quite a frost on the cars and grass now. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Shame it's not set to last.... Just about time to say hello to the wild zonal train as we head towards December... The storm alphabet might be getting hammered  :help:  

• Like 2

Posted

I don't mind the odd Atlantic storm or two but a relentless zonal pattern gets tedious after a while! Let's just hope it knows when to stop.... 

• Like 1