North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Sod all here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme.
7 minutes ago, KasimWeatherQuarnford said:

Met office rainfall forecast for midnight shows showers from EGCC to cat and fiddle a little further east than anticipated 

image.jpeg

Heavy right over me. 

Posted
1 minute ago, carl1980 said:

Feeling more like winter now

DSC_0459.JPG

Is that just now? Absolutely nothing here!

Posted
47 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

I don't think we'll get any, this happens very often in this type of set up, the showers only hit the south of the region.

Perhaps not tonight, but showers are projected for SW Scotland tomorrow, and Met office radar shows plenty of them making there way into Cumbria- the added warmth should aid instability, I'm feeling quite optimistic.

Posted

Hopefully tomorrows chances will come a little later in the day, (after 4 or 5pm) as that'll be when the air starts cooling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
21 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Perhaps not tonight, but showers are projected for SW Scotland tomorrow, and Met office radar shows plenty of them making there way into Cumbria- the added warmth should aid instability, I'm feeling quite optimistic.

But tomorrow the showers bring a mild section with them so i can't see any snow falling under 200M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Them WRF-NMM 2km precip charts change so much over such a short period of time, don't really rate it at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

If the showers are going to move further east they might aswell go the whole hog! Otherwise it looks like only a slight frost here, as there's bits and pieces of cloud and a breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Anyone seen the latest euro4, cant post it from my phone but it gives us a big snow event on saturday night...hi res model as well.....this has come from right out of the blue......just hope its not a case of too good to be true.

Edited by chicken soup
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Anyone seen the latest euro4, cant post it from my phone but it gives us a big snow event on saturday night...hi res model as well.....this has come from right out of the blue......just hope its not a case of too good to be true.

good spot

Rain/Snowfall EURO4 Sa 16.01.2016 18 GMT

just a shame it will most likely downgrade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
1 minute ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

good spot

Yeah it's that feature that was just expected to reach Scotland and die out in previous runs. We can live in hope though :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
3 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

good spot

I cant claim the credit unfortunatly...it was in the model thread...hope its right...only 48 hours away...cant be wrong at that range ...surely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Interestingly the Met office now have me under for snow for the early hours of Sunday, it will probably be gone tomorrow but it must tie in with the euro4. Just a few hours ago the forecast showed clear skies.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted

I would be skeptical about such a feature tbh however I have seen surprise heavy snowfall from set ups which on paper don't look like any snow should fall at all. 

One of them was in February 2009 where a warm front was meant to cross the country without any fuss however the front became occluded and became a waving front so instead of a bit patchy rain, it turned to heavy snow for a good few hours and left a very good covering. It did turn back to rain on its back edge as the milder air did came back in but by then, the PPN was quite light and patchy.

Heres the forecast on the 1:30 news for that day... Of course its good there might be a risk of some surprise snowfall but if all we get is sleet/rain then I would be dissapointed a nice hard frost will be replaced by grey skies and cold nothingness.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just had big flash of lightening and rumble of thunder !! Was in Liverpool on night out and it was trying to snow but not quite there !!

Edited by Miamay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Showers forming more readily in the flow now once again....high res charts showed this around 4am. Some areas may get lucky in the next couple of hours. Just had a lightish shower pass through and it started to lay much easier than earlier so should anything heavy push through it should stand more chance of laying.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Where has this come from ???

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Spah1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Where has this come from ???