Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion - 1st December onwards

Paul

Posted
1 minute ago, shaky said:

I did say nick this aint over yet and could still get even better!!this really reminds me of january 2013 right now except 10 days earlier this time!!!over to the 18z in a few hours!!!

I'd keep the sledge in storage for a while yet! lol We still need to see more changes but that increase in amplitude upstream at T120hrs helps to carve the jet more se. I know people don't like the Azores high but a ridge extension north ahead of the troughing over the ne USA  to slow down the pattern and help to usher shortwave energy se would be nice, a bit like the NAVGEM which resolutely refuses to play the understudy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

In the last five minutes, I've seen 'forecasts' for a snow-fest from the east and a PM incursion from the north-west...I'm getting confused!:cc_confused:

It's called jumping all over ONE CHART in ISOLATION before the run is COMPLETED, Pete. :help:

Sorry to shout but we all need to heed learn these lessons, as told by the wisest heads in here. Whether you include me in that bracket is debatable, but that is missing the point of course. :p:laugh:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, gottolovethisweather said:

It's called jumping all over ONE CHART in ISOLATION before the run is COMPLETED, Pete. :help:

Sorry to shout but we should learn these lessons as told by the wisest heads in here, whether you include me in that bracket is debatable, but that is missing the point of course. :p:laugh:

I was trying to be subtle!:rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I was trying to be subtle!:rofl:

I hear you. Not my style, evidently. :D Anyway, darts time and shandy time again for me.

In summary:

A good ECM and whilst NOT a bitter cold run, some days will feel distinctly chilly, more so away from my patch in tropical Southern England where we're set for a few bouts of rain ourselves for a change.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, booferking said:

Sorry but 72hrs is not even set and stone yet never mind 216-240hr:rofl:

Just commenting on the models. On the 216 and 240 charts, (I know it is a long way off but JFF), the slug returneth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

sorry ive got to agree its nowhere near done deal yet but one hell of a rollercoaster lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Nothing is ever set in stone, booferking?:D But I really do want to see a snow-fest. Maybe from the east, in March and the north in April? Anyhoo - it's all too far out for the models to predict?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, emotional rollercoaster said:

sorry ive got to agree its nowhere near done deal yet but one hell of a rollercoaster lol

Edited by Polar Climate

Posted
8 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

ECM T192 shows snow cover n Midlands northwards and more so with elevation

will be different next run

Yeah, next run will show snow line Bristol northwards :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Day 6 charts

GFS                                                                                          ECM

gfs-0-144.png?12ECM1-144.GIF?30-0

UKMO                                                                                      GEM

Modele UKMO - Carte prévisionsgem-0-144.png?12

A real mix of solutions, though personally with the development of low heights off the west coast of Norway which seems to happen far too often in situations with blocking to our north east. At this point it makes me feel a little uneasy about the ECM solution which does briefly deliver snow to low levels before the Atlantic blasts through.

Again both upstream and downstream developments need to be watched, in particular where the cold pool to our east goes.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Still plenty to be upbeat about from the ecm for coldies,

Today and by 168

ECH0-0.GIF.thumb.png.5e78c20fe865b71d5daECH0-168.GIF.thumb.png.0c0d1016d00ac52a1

Edited by Polar Climate
  • Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, emotional rollercoaster said:

very interesting cfs very high pressure into the heart of the arcticcfsnh-0-6.thumb.png.115b55902ef7421de173

Don't think any of the models will be much different at plus 6 hours lol. Or are you being ironic? :)

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Polar Climate said:

Still plenty to be upbeat about from the ecm for coldies,

Today and by 168

ECH0-0.GIF.thumb.png.5e78c20fe865b71d5daECH0-168.GIF.thumb.png.0c0d1016d00ac52a1

Great post. Why? Because how accurate are the models post 168hrs? Answer - they are much less accurate than 168hrs and before. Work the rest out for yourselves :)

Like I said earlier, this isn't over by a long shot.

Edited by blizzard81
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
18 minutes ago, booferking said:

Pretty good agreement though amongst all 3 at T72hrs.Here's the ECM and the MO fax

ECM1-72.thumb.GIF.8bda2703e4a358423b4029fax72s.thumb.gif.00658e6d3d4923d01dee60e

a glance at the others will all show the same.

I see little change overall this evening compared to yesterday.

Tonight's ECM at T144 against yesterday's at at T168hrs.both with pressure and 850hPa temps.

ECM1-144.thumb.GIF.cb1cdfc3a99880ad2d619ECM0-144.thumb.GIF.66bdad09e64382da08489

56842ec6d1fa7_ECM1-1682.thumb.GIF.b97623ECM0-168.thumb.GIF.c9a7bfbf3ef1bc00e7093

the same picture really from GFS as well.Trough disruption across the UK towards Europe.The deep cold just brushing the far NE of Scotland.

Certainly looking colder but only more seasonal so little chance of lowland snow as it stands but plenty of rain over the next week unfortunately.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Ali1977 said:

That looks a great chart for coldies, am I correct?? Also better for those who are in flood hit areas.

I need to expand slightly on my rather cryptic original answer. If and when this evolution occurs, and depending where the surface HP sets up, it does open up the possibilities of a more colder SE flow over the UK. Key word 'possibilities'.

• Like 7