Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grotty morning here with rain and drizzle, feeling chilly too. Hopefully some sun coming through soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful late morning here. Blue sky rolling across more than clouds now and there was me thinking today would be grim.

Ok its not warm but the Sunshine this time of year whatever the temperature makes a difference.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

The drizzle has gone, but I think it's too cloudy for any thundery activity today. Shame...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

High pressure stuck over Greenland, outlook looks wintry.:cold-emoji: Early predictions are for a cool unsettles summer and a disturbed late summer early autumn season.:cold: 12c at the moment and sunny:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had drizzle/heavy drizzle earlier been dry since for now anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

Reached over 13C today so 2C warmer than forecast. Quite gusty at present. 

• Like 1

Posted

Been blustery showers here with sunny skies (and some amazing cloudscapes) inbetween. The next shower is rattling it's way through here, this one a little heavier than the others. Such a shame no hail or thundery activity today (at least, not here).

Edited by Rain123
Forgot full stop at end.
  • Like 1

Posted

Frozen precipitation from a shower at c.1700 it looked like snow I kid you not must have been very soft hail I've seen a few anvils a few downpours, normal April weather. :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Typical April weather today after the grot moved away this morning. Felt much cooler in that blustery wind but had some sunshine and sharp showers.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Fells pretty chilly in the wind here, and the sun has started hiding behind cloud now too. It's only 8.4 at the moment, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Fells pretty chilly in the wind here, and the sun has started hiding behind cloud now too. It's only 8.4 at the moment, 

Ditto! My local station on Wunderground shows 8.3c here but feels much colder than that in the wind, I need to get my station back up and running!

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 1

Posted

A very dreary day here with constant drizzle and rain after a beautiful clear start. Cloud breaking up now and some sun breaking through.

Posted

I'm in new Milton today visiting some relatives. Just a tad to west for any showery activity at the moment. There seems to be quite a potent shower heading towards ash vale at the moment.

Posted

showers are really beefing up now. Hail in this current one. I've not heard any thunder/ seen any lightning yet, though radar suggests activity close by

Edited by Frosty hollows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some sunshine here now with a few heavy showers floating around. This morning was pretty drab with light rain and thick cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Typical April weather here. Sunshine and showers. Although more sunshine... And there was me thinking/believing this week would be a right off with cool and wet weather. In reality its actually bright and pleasant.

A rumble of thunder here about 90 minutes ago that hardly raised an eyebrow in the office, but would have been described as 'the end of the world' on this forum... lol 

Posted

Another Thunderstorm to the tally, a rather beastly cell over Croydon area going by radar.

Edit: A bright flash followed by a thunderous boom this is a good day here cell intensified overhead. 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Apparently there was some small hail and some distant rumbles of thunder on that shower over ash vale ( I'm in new Milton at the moment). I will add that to my signature when I next get time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Been out on a job today so have only just caught up with posts and had time to check the radars. Must say I wasn't expecting to see quite so much thundery activity this afternoon, but clearly there are a few storms about, particularly around London over the last couple of hours. Only had a ten minute shower where I was (village near Ipswich).

Radar 17.30 Radar Thur07April 17.30.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Lightning activity seemed to die out before reaching here, though I did hear one very distance rumble. 
A bit of a shelf cloud on approach with strong winds as it hit and a fair amount of rotation going on in the clouds above, fun to watch!

Edit: And just as I post that - A big flash and deep rumble of thunder :)

Edited by <<Ryan>>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

on/off rain all day. quite big drops. Clouds seem to be breaking up when they reach me.

#whatever:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The last shower has lasted quite a while, with hail and a couple of flashes of lightning. Not too bad.