Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Min overnight of  4.7°C. Currently 13.7°C with a   Notably low RH of  42%. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just come back from Keswick and the car was showing 19°C, whether its accurate I'm not sure but had the air con for a bit. 16°C back home. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Another lovely day to be stuck inside at work but a decent walk with the dog sort of made up for it.

never mind at least I can get out in the warm sunshine this weekend...........oh no I forgot its weekend so it's the return of cold and miserable:wallbash:

Posted

Another beautiful spring day with blue skies and sunshine. Cooler than yesterday though but still into double figures with a current temp of 12.3°C, and that's in the cooler air with 850's around -4c, feels warm in the sun. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Dry and quite warm today but not quite as warm as yesterday.  Hazy sun until late afternoon when it clouded over.  Was out and about in hoody, shorts and open sandals however the next few days will put paid to that.  When will winter finally relax its grip?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Dry and quite warm today but not quite as warm as yesterday.  Hazy sun until late afternoon when it clouded over.  Was out and about in hoody, shorts and open sandals however the next few days will put paid to that.  When will winter finally relax its grip?

September as usual.

Posted

1.8°C at dawn with a little bit more cloud than the last few mornings. Shap was down to -4°C a short while ago although temps will respond quickly once the sun gets to work. I'm off to Scotland on Monday for  few days and it's looking like I might see some snow falling :) 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Wonderful week so far in the Lake District, dry since Sunday, abundant sunshine, and very decent maxes mid week, back to below average now. Most notable aspect though is the long run of cold nights which is stunting spring growth. Trees only just coming into leaf now. We are now looking at a week of preety much sub freezing mins - a very long run of very cold night minima which will prolong the stunted growth accompanied by very suppressed maxima, average means for the next 7 days hover around the 5 degree mark, not far off the December mean!

Anyone who booked a weeks holiday in the Lakes this week to go walking etc has struck lucky. April mind often delivers a lengthy very dry decent spell, wet Aprils are not the norm here.. it is usually the driest month of the year here. Fingers crossed we see a similiar week weather at some stage in May, preferably the last week, by then the extra strength of the sun, warmer SST values and ground temps would boost maxima markedly we would be looking a mid 20's not doubt as the effects of homegrown warmth take affect.. with all the fresh early spring growth, late May into June is the best time to be in the Lakes in my opinion - I feel an ode to May is in the offing - I'll reserve it for the May CET watch thread..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cold start here with plenty of frost on the grass and cars but the Sun's got to work and it's turning into another lovely day.

i just hope that the showers keep away so I can get some work done in the garden.

Posted

Showers did mainly keep away today, just a few spots here and there.  Colder air source than of late, but it's hardly shiver me timbers like it would be in Jan/Feb....just a bit fresher feeling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A dry and sunny day. Max  10.9°C. No rain now for 11 days. 

Posted

Light snow, just what I really want at the end of April.

Posted

Reports of light snow this morning at relatively low levels in the NE of the county - down to 150 metres, just light drizzle here. Fells are obscured by cloud so can't see any snowline - however, Wetherlam is visible and I can't see any snow on it- despite precipitation falling on the central fells - so I'm a bit perplexed what is going on... 

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Reports of light snow this morning at relatively low levels in the NE of the county - down to 150 metres, just light drizzle here. Fells are obscured by cloud so can't see any snowline - however, Wetherlam is visible and I can't see any snow on it- despite precipitation falling on the central fells - so I'm a bit perplexed what is going on... 

Wintry mix here but not sticking.

quite heavy with large flakes at the moment and probably enough to to put out the fire I lit to try and get shut of some conifers and old fence panels removed over the winter.

Posted

A few light showers over the last hour but skies clearing now with some warm sunshine. Low of 6°C overnight, currently 10.2°C and feeling pleasant in the light wind. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

A  dry morning and now sunny. min  overnight 3.8°C, currently 10.9°C. now no rain for 12 days.

Posted

Well i've  avoided the rain the last few days, but now I have moderate and heavy showers when they are not forecast! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Not a bad day today - dry at the moment

Posted

Mmmm those snow reports early this morning can't have amounted to much. No fresh snow visible on any of the lakeland fells or the north pennines - Cross Fell devoid.. were they just fleeting bits of wet snow in the air lasting a few seconds I wonder..

Despite the chilly wind, today hasn't felt too bad, hardly bitter.. the cold uppers though are set to move through the region tomorrow. Overall a preety decent weekend. We've had three very decent ones on the trot now, pity easter came a bit too early this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looks like temps no higher than single digits for the next 5-6 days, that is poor for late April. I suppose in any sun it should still feel pleasant, having said that there will be more of a breeze over the next few days which will make it feel chilly in the shade.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted

Not the best of days and certainly not a patch on yesterday.

a few showers this morning giving a bit of a wintry mix and although mainly dry since, limited brightness and a bit of a breeze has certainly made it feel cold.

looking at the forecast little, in the way of warmth on the way, certainly for the majority of this week although hopefully, hints of high pressure towards next weekend will give a bit more sun and with it a better feel.

Posted

Today hasn't been as good as recent days with more cloud around and some showers this morning, not a bad evening though with some late sun as it heads towards the horizon. Top temp today was 10.6°C, currently 8.4°C.

Setting off to Scotland tomorrow morning and it's looking likely that I'll see some falling snow and it certainly isn't going to be warm! Latest output has 850's around -8/-9°C with sub zero dew points, any ppn will likely be wintry. 

Posted

It's bonkers, had some of the charts for midweek materialized in Dec/Jan/Feb it may have provided some decent winter prospects and possibly settling snow.  The net-weather community would be flooded with coldies praying against any late downgrades.  Now it's all a little too late.  Still, that's the British weather for you.... never made to order.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Cold night. Rain off and on and some hailstones too. 

Posted

A decent sunny start to the day, cloud building now and some specks on the radar starting to blossom, could be some beefy showers later.