Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

This may be the latest I've seen trees in an unresponsive state. I've never seen trees without new leaves here in late April. There could be a lot of damage if we get an early cold winter. It looks exactly as it did in January

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A beautiful spring morning here with some nice sunshine 

Feels warm in the sun,pretty much the same for the rest of

The week,then the bad news winter returns for the weekend

Cannot see any settling snow for low ground during daylight

Hours but there is certainly a possibilty overnight,looks like

This Northerly blast could last into the latter end of the following 

Week bringing wintry showers and overnight frosts,such a waste

3 months to late,but hay as i say in winter,its only the weather

And there is nothing we can do about it.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Great start to Tuesday with plenty of sunshine, chilly first thing @ 2.4°C but now up 9.2°C in light winds and feeling warm in the sun. 

Posted

Beautiful day with light winds and a current temp of 12.6°C. Just got back from a walk at Bassenthwaite Lake, great views today. 

bass.jpgbass1.jpg

Edited by *Sub*Zero*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It's funny, it feels like this is a warm spell but temperatures of 13/14°C are only around average for the time of year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, James M said:

It's funny, it feels like this is a warm spell but temperatures of 13/14°C are only around average for the time of year!

With the light wind and being exposed to the increasingly strong sun it feels very nice indeed. Later today looking fine once again with plenty of sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temps yesterday peaked around the 15/16C mark. It should be around a degree up on that today, feels lovely in that sunshine. What a shame it can't continue, looks like May could be a cold month, shame, that's my favourite month :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Max yesterday  12.7°C. Min overnight  4.6°C. Currently  12.8°C. 

Posted

Pretty much perfect day so far with barely a cloud to be seen, light winds and a current temp of 12.3°C after a low overnight of 2.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Warmest day of the year now. Currently 16.6°C. Couldn't get a better spring day. 51% RH. 

Posted

Think that's the max now.  17.1°C 49% RH

Posted

17c here beautiful shame it's all going

to go belly up at weekend onwards.

C.S

Posted

Still rising  actually 17.3°C. Looking forward to this weekend as I like all  extremes be it hot or cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Spent the afternoon sunbathing in just shorts.  Liverpool ATIS currently reports 16C.  Last night 3.4C min, very cold for late April but much worse round the corner.  Strikes me are getting a repeat of last year: a cold spring, basically an elongated winter that looks to be lasting through May.  

Posted

Temp falling now. Max an  unprecedented 18.1°C,  5°C warmer than yesterday.  Today has therefore had a  diurnal range of  13.8°C. 

Posted

Got up to a long-deserved 15.4'c here in the peaks this afternoon, paying the price for not putting on any sun-lotion though as i'm looking like Rudolf on the nose lol (easy to forget how strong the spring-sun can be). Nonetheless it's been a good day to have a few hours walking around in jeans and a t-shirt, followed by a quick pint at the local. A shame to see the temps will be rapidly on the decline past tomorrow with more hail and possibly snow on the way for the tops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just been to Lytham St Annes and it is hot and sunny. I think today is the hottest day of the year so far. I bet somewhere in this region already reached 18-19C today. Too bad it won't last. :(  Never mind I've got a holiday to look forward to in 2 weeks time!! I be going to hot and sunny Tenerife!!  Hopefully when I come back from there the heat will come with me to Britain!! :D 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Just been to Lytham St Annes and it is hot and sunny. I think today is the hottest day of the year so far. I bet somewhere in this region already reached 18-19C today. Too bad it won't last. :(  Never mind I've got a holiday to look forward to in 2 weeks time!! I be going to hot and sunny Tenerife!!  Hopefully when I come back from there the heat will come with me to Britain!! :D 

Yes  18.1°C was the max here today thanks to the wall to wall  sunshine and the offshore wind. :-) 

still up at  15.4°C. 

Posted

Oh dear

from +5 uppers today to -8 uppers by Sunday,which will give a air temperature of about 7c by Sunday,some

10c drop from today.

I mentioned a few days ago I am not a big fan of snow this late,but this is becoming more and more of a possibility

next week.especially for high ground,but wintriness can not be ruled out for lower areas.

C.S

Also forgot to mention the wind chill probably feeling more like 3 or 4c

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Lovely spring day, warmest of the year so far. Got up to around 16C with unbroken sunshine and light winds. Make the most of tomorrow before we head back to winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

nothing to add that hasn't already been said by others.

lovely day here, 16c so our warmest of the year so far, another decent one tomorrow and possibly even a touch warmer then right on cue for the weekend, back to damn winter but more of an irritating mess than anything to actually look forward to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Sat out after tea for the first time this year and even in the shade it felt ok.

soon went cold after sunset though so back inside again now.

Posted

Two cracking spring days on the trot, first bit of warmth this season. Hardly any cloud all day, and no wind, temps up to 15 degrees, preety respectable for April. This evening has been stunning again with a superb sunset. I'm lucky to have a view of the eastern wall of the central lakes from coniston old man through to the langdales, and the fells right now look fantastic set against a pinky peach sky, etched sharp black.. brilliant stuff.

Tomorrow promises another dry very fine day but a bit more cloud.

Classic spring switcharound come the weekend.. snow for the fells again.

• Like 1

Posted

Wall to wall warm sunshine, feels like a summer morning! Overnight min of 7.2°C, currently 13.4°C with light winds, feeling very pleasant in the sun and comfortable enough for just a t-shirt. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Wall to wall sunshine and currently sat in the garden with an orange juice. Shame it's gonna cloud over later :(