Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

We are now 'Brexshyted' Britain infested with fear/anger of 'the other' and I fear the islamophobia we have seen rise will be augmented by a 'righteous' persecution of all who 'look' Chinese?

We are seeing the worst of the worst of human nature fueled by folk who seek to benefit from it

Not good, not good at all but then 'fear' is a massive motivator for folk without knowledge is it not?

2019-nCoV dare not be utilised by those who seek to cause mischief in our society

There is a subtle racist element creeping into this thread be it roasted dogs or Bat soup as a descriptor of ALL folk from China

This is a new virus, it is not a measure of 'other'.......

Edit: What of our French neighbours and their chomping down in Finches with towels on their heads (Mr Clarkson?) because it is 'illegal' now to eat them so if nobody 'sees' you chowing down you can;t be arrested...... odd 'food habits' are far closer to home the Wuhan wet markets!

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, fujita5 said:

Totally agree. The world has become completely reliant on China, and unfortunately it's almost impossible to break that reliance. If this crisis continues for many months, which is likely, we could find some goods hard to come by. Electronics may well be heavily affected, along with pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, toys... The list is almost endless.  The financial losses could be unimaginable for China, and the knock on effects will be felt around the world for quite some time.

For what it's worth I'm importer all my goods are imported from china garden tools to be precise, talking to my suppliers online there going back to work between 10-13th Feb and the shipping agents will start taking bookings again for containers to be exported worldwide from 10th Feb.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, booferking said:

For what it's worth I'm importer all my goods are imported from china garden tools to be precise, talking to my suppliers online there going back to work between 10-13th Feb and the shipping agents will start taking bookings again for containers to be exported worldwide from 10th Feb.

The 'Cat is out of the Bag' so why would they dally further?

Yup! they have their own healthcare issues to deal with but every other nation now has to accept 'it' (2019-nCoV) will be among them/is among them now and focus on their own remedies to spread and cure of 2019-nCoV.....

We are a Capitalist Planet......such dies with closed borders/intercontinental travel bans.....

Posted

This is a lower respiratory infection in its most serious form but if the virii can hunker down in the upper respiratory tract whilst it multiplies to the point that it can properly inhabit the lower lung (and so cause the pneumonia that causes the worst impacts?)

Maybe this is how we get it from non symptomatic folks?

They only play host to it whilst it multiplies in the upper respiratory tract (not an issue) and is passed via poor hygiene practices.....wash those handies folks!

The '14 day' incubation may encompass a period of 'growth' of the virii until it has the numbers inside a body to cause issues....maybe most folk kill it off prior to this 'secondary phase' of dribbling,via cold symptoms (snot), into the lower lung?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

I’ve seen a fair few reports about the Chinese sending the deceased straight to the crematorium before anyone can confirm if they died from Coronavirus or something more “regular”.
If this is true, the are the mortality rates correct? Again, if - and only if, I’m not saying it is correct - it is true, why is this not being looked into further?

SJ5WZQB5CQI6VOINKZJIA3B3HI.jpg
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

China’s government does not have a good record of openness with health scandals.
WWW.NZHERALD.CO.NZ

Disturbing report says China cremating bodies in secret hinting death toll 'way too low '

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
15 hours ago, Gael_Force said:

More strange aspects to this virus and maybe why the Chinese scientist who was infected was using HIV drugs as therapy.

biorxiv_logo_homepage7-5-small.png
WWW.BIORXIV.ORG

bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology, operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a research and educational institution

I've only read the conclusions but they seem to be suggesting this has been engineered ????

Hasn't been peer reviewed and the comments are calling it out as pseudoscience.

• Like 4

Guest Delete Me
  • The suppression of the initial outbreak by arresting the doctors who brought 2019-nCoV to light by claiming they were spreading false information and rumors
  • The harsh prison sentences given to anyone caught posting material online in China
  • Barricading and locking away those with nCoV leaving them with no food, to die in their own homes
  • The cull of domestic animals which has been taking place since last week
  • Only testing a maximum of 2,000 per day due to capacity issues
  • Corruption surrounding the supply chain within the red cross in China
  • Blatant lies surrounding the confirmed cases / deaths total - the cities crematorium has been operating 24 hours a day at full capacity, bins full of corpse bags, hospitals are over-run and they are only testing those showing a full set of symptoms inside the hospital.
  • The 'official' case figure is at 12,022 as of 10.00 am GMT with 259 fatalities and 18,000 suspected cases. The actual infected figure is now estimated at anywhere between 100,000 and 250,000
  • Controversy surrounding the level 4 bio lab in Wuhan and its role in such an outbreak - the wet market cannot be confirmed 100% as the actual source of nCoV

I could go on for another hour and fill the page, I could also post you some rather brutal and heartbreaking videos and images from inside the quarantine to show just what is happening. 

We have 3rd generation transmission, asymptomatic transmission, hotspot clusters outside of Wuhan, H2H transmission in hong-kong without a source of transmission (12th case)...

Does anybody want a discord invite to the 2019-nCoV server?

Posted

This is catnip for conspiracy theorists, all fuelled by (anti) social media.   I expect it will be 'revealed' soon that the virus is being unleashed via chemtrails (you know, the things that normal people call contrails but are in fact evil works of sinister forces to keep us all in our place).

• Like 2

Posted

No surprise with the students. Every Uni in UK has numerous Chinese students. Surely it can't be beyond the authorities to test every student in every Uni. Every Uni will have a roll-call of students. And i mean every student. Yes, it is fraught with the knowledge that students mix in their local communities, but it would be a start.

As for China hiding the real truth, well, that's a "no sh#t sherlock" statement. Why would it surprise anyone that the Chinese State would suppress the truth?!

Social media? Fake news? You dont say. There's been a few alarmist posts on here as well, and, yes, community forums ARE part of social media.

Over and out, this afternoon's horse racing requires study.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

No surprise with the students. Every Uni in UK has numerous Chinese students. Surely it can't be beyond the authorities to test every student in every Uni. Every Uni will have a roll-call of students. And i mean every student. Yes, it is fraught with the knowledge that students mix in their local communities, but it would be a start.

As for China hiding the real truth, well, that's a "no sh#t sherlock" statement. Why would it surprise anyone that the Chinese State would suppress the truth?!

Social media? Fake news? You dont say. There's been a few alarmist posts on here as well, and, yes, community forums ARE part of social media.

Over and out, this afternoon's horse racing requires study.

Suppression of the truth is not the sole province of China.lol

Yes, community forums are part of social media, and my view is that more should be done to discourage the misinformation posted on these platforms.

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, ciel said:

Yes, community forums are part of social media, and my view is that more should be done to discourage the misinformation posted on these platforms.

Yes, but that would take a fair amount of personpower i.e. for mods to check truth first. And most stuff on here is just people's opinions. I wouldnt like to suppress opinions, as it just stifles, and finally kills debate.

• Like 2

Posted

How the hell do you check for this? Here the USA's press briefing from yesterday

wh.gov-share-img_03-1024x538.png
WWW.WHITEHOUSE.GOV

James S. Brady Press Briefing Room 3:42 P.M. EST SECRETARY AZAR:  Well, good afternoon, everyone.  I’m Alex Azar, Secretary of Health and Human Services, and Chairman of the President’s Task...

in it we find;

"DR. REDFIELD:  Clearly, they’re all isolated and will be for the 14 days.  We have done virus isolation, but I want to be clear: The current tests that we developed at CDC is not — we’re not sure of the natural history of how the virus is isolated.  Can you isolate it one day, then three days later you can’t?  And we are seeing — in the cases that are in the hospital, we’ve seen people who had detectable virus, then they didn’t have detectable virus, and then three days later they had detectable virus." ????

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, ciel said:

At least on here they are proved right, wrong or ignored. It is the new posters that are difficult to assess initially. 

• Like 1

Posted

As numbers of infected rapidly increase how do the labs doing the testing keep up with demand?

Do we not risk getting to a point that we think the daily increases in suspected case numbers are reducing when all we are seeing are the testing labs being over capacity?

EDIT: this is clever!

EDIT,EDIT: I might have given out bad info yesterday ....the virus apparently lives for up to 12 hrs on metal surfaces

There are a lot of apartments across China

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
16 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Cabin crew were not going into quarantine I can assure you ... anyway we got my son to hospital for his knee. He told them he was cabin crew and had flew back from China a week ago, and omg next thing we was whisked away in a room while they panic called other hospitals ! They are not prepared for it at all ... they held us in the room for about 35 mins with a mask on my son and then after many phone calls said ... it’s ok you can go and sit back in the waiting room now ?! 

Hi SQ, possibly some confusion here.  I'm talking specifically about the cabin crew of the Wamos Air flight that landed in Brize Norton that then flew on to Spain. The British passengers that disembarked reported that the cabin crew said that they were also going into quarantine when they arrived in spain.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

That Hunan province again! 

The law of large #'s at work again. Being the worlds 3rd largest country and also the most populous with an agrarian culture means lots and lots of poultry. With low pathogenic H5N1 existing in the wild then the more pathogenic form will pop up in poultry now and again, and the #'s simply mean that China is the most likely country.