Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

OK, what have you done with summer, then?  A typical - for October Atlantic - storm is currently bringing frequent heavy showers and a strong gusty wind that’s really more suitable for mid-autumn.  Come back June - all is forgiven.

Posted

Well, only the Lancaster turned up from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at the Wales National Airshow - presumably they didn’t want to risk the smaller planes around the showers - B3AC3D69-55C7-49E0-90BC-D02B727B1283.thumb.jpeg.8d00ac1278064757fdb5262cfb7cd27d.jpeg

but the Red Arrows did their thing. 

EE5FAA05-1CEA-46AE-99A0-72CF54198A63.jpeg

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Lovely if windy day yesterday.  No need to water as overnight rain did it’s job.  Village fete went off well.   

This morning ….it’s raining again, although lightly, and overcast but mild.  Likelihood for dryish if dull day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

My weather station is playing up, the solar powered anemometer has seemingly packed it, can't get it to work sadly. Had the station for probably nearing 10 years.

Any recommendations for a good but inexpensive new station I could look at buying?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

A windy cloudy morning draped in very light mizzle, has kept temps nice and cool, so no shorts’n’T for dog walk, more waterproofs, which is fine.  Seriously not looking forward to high high temperatures in the coming week, although,fortunately, house is of slate and on north south axis with windows which face east and west that keeps the house cool in blistering heat…. And we are in Wales……

Edited by snefnug

Posted

Currently 14 degrees and cloudy, so feeling quite cool.  A comfortable night for sleeping.

Posted

Wall to wall blue sky.  Sun round behind Nantyr hill so terrace in shade with a nice cooling breeze .

tomorrow looking a bit hot…..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its looking to get hot across all of Wales over the next week or so, though southeast and East Wales with the highest temps. Not liking these mods prediction up to 35c in parts of Wales and close to my area, today was more than hot enough for me!

Posted

Cloudy with hill mist keeping it nice and cool, but forecast is for sunny day and hot hot hot.  Lunchtime dog walk retimed to evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Getting married next Friday..should be nice and warm in a 3 piece suit.......fingers crossed. Keep hydrated in this weather guys!

Posted

Not Sunny Greece but Sunny Glyn Ceiriog, currently 19 degrees (at 9.25 am),

947E5E75-7058-4871-96ED-4F6417C2EF67.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

26.9C in the garden, house is very warm too. Just bought and put up a mirror vinal on the french doors to see if it helps resuce the heat in the house at all.

Not looking forward to the next week or so, roll on it cooling down to the low 20s, thats perfect summer weather for me! 

• Like 1

Posted

It’s a very pleasant 18 degrees on terrace (sun gone round back of hill), with light breeze.  Think lack of humidity helps.  Not looking forward to tomorrow and 28.  Curtains have been drawn all day so bedroom cool, plus we have single glazing sash windows, open a bit at top and bottom which helps the coolness.  Duvet off, cotton throw on. 

Posted

A stunning summers day today.  Beautiful right from first thing this morning (5:30am) with a little mist rising from the valley quickly lifting into intricate mares tails for most of the morning.  Completely clear sky now and the sun is still very warm.  Must admit that if it gets much hotter by the weekend it’ll be uncomfortable outside…..but I am definitely not complaining.    Are we in for a prolonged very warm/hot and dry spell?  Let’s hope the reservoirs are all full.

Edited by Sky Full

Posted

Up at 5 this morning.  A surprisingly cool early morning so watered raised veg beds and pots on terrace.  I love technology when it is used efficiently!  My aqua pump pond fountain thing, connected to hosepipe, empties out bath in 10 minutes flat into water butt and my Bosch water pump battery charged pump gives me enough power to use hose reel to water properly.   Before these gems it was an eco pump (hand pump siphon thing) and chugging watering cans around.  I’ve got three Waterbutts and with the bosch pump I can move water between the butts as necessary.  In the  meantime, solar panels whacking along, solar buddy heating hot water tank and this is the week the solar battery gets installed,(I hope). Temps shot up from 14 at 5am to 20 degrees now, at 8:30.  Will do half sitting outside while cool enough then in.  Absolutely gorgeous day in this little part of Paradise.  I love that word paradise, original meaning from Iranian of enclosed garden or orchard.  

• Like 1

Posted
On 11/07/2022 at 08:33, snefnug said:

Up at 5 this morning.  A surprisingly cool early morning so watered raised veg beds and pots on terrace.  I love technology when it is used efficiently!  My aqua pump pond fountain thing, connected to hosepipe, empties out bath in 10 minutes flat into water butt and my Bosch water pump battery charged pump gives me enough power to use hose reel to water properly.   Before these gems it was an eco pump (hand pump siphon thing) and chugging watering cans around.  I’ve got three Waterbutts and with the bosch pump I can move water between the butts as necessary.  In the  meantime, solar panels whacking along, solar buddy heating hot water tank and this is the week the solar battery gets installed,(I hope). Temps shot up from 14 at 5am to 20 degrees now, at 8:30.  Will do half sitting outside while cool enough then in.  Absolutely gorgeous day in this little part of Paradise.  I love that word paradise, original meaning from Iranian of enclosed garden or orchard.  

Sounds like you’ve really got the water situation sorted there and some great ideas for me to think about!   It’s a cloudy morning here today with some early drizzle but it’s very welcome,  tbh.  Still warm but much more bearable.  Let’s see what the rest of the week brings…..

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Sounds like you’ve really got the water situation sorted there and some great ideas for me to think about!   It’s a cloudy morning here today with some early drizzle but it’s very welcome,  tbh.  Still warm but much more bearable.  Let’s see what the rest of the week brings…..

typical, early morning water and then we get rain….. still, as you say, very welcome for soil, although increases humidity levels.  Yesterday was hot but a dry heat.  

Posted

Another lovely morning promising another lovely day.  Temps an acceptable 19-20 today and the humidity is gone.  Have an unexpected half day spare so emptying compost bay while it’s still cool.  Veg garden coming along nicely, plant growth much improved now they have regular watering using the Waterbutt pump.

Posted

Quite cool and cloudy conditions, and I mean real big grey clouds none of your nimby namby cirrocumulus.  Have had to put jeans and lightweight fleece on…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Amazing to think that temperatures are going to be in the 30s celsius in about 4 days time as temps are struggling to get above 17c at the moment and it got down to 5.5c last night. 

• Like 1

Posted

Coolest day this week made 21.3c NW breeze fresher...

Halfway to tuesday for the eastern england where GFS shows 41c holey moley..

People will be melting on the streets into a pile of goo, huge shock to the system..

• Like 1

Posted

Nice coolish morning currently 12c.  Promising a cloudy coolish day maxing at 19c which will do me fine. 

Posted

21.4c today I expected higher today..

24c on the car in shrewsbury...Didn t feel overly warm today..

Poeple are`t wearing not many clothes now,early next week they ll be stripping off.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

quite a lovely day today. Not overly hot or humid.  Sun strong late afternoon, after  2+hours in garden 3-5, forgot sunscreen, face currently rather red.  Lovely coolish evening, supper on terrace, 7 or so screechy house Martins wheeling about.  See what tomorrow brings.  

Valley’s green lungs keeping us cool and safe.