• Weather Preferences: Snow sun thunderstorms frost
1 minute ago, Panayiotis said:

Yeah winds here in Cardiff very similar to Eunice

Gusty now just to think this is forecast over night and most of Monday

5 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

Yeah winds here in Cardiff very similar to Eunice

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Squall line went through ferociously about an hour ago, instantly followed by power cut, power just returned now. Mobile mast also went down, cos they don’t have backup generator. Also just back on now.

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Still very strong gales here - didn’t ease up at all after the squall line passed over.  Don’t know why I wasn’t expecting this - probably didn’t look any further ahead than Eunice and didn’t think we’d get three on the trot….

However, it’s definitely brightening to my north and I think the rain has finally stopped!  The worst of the storm may be now moving away but the wind is forecast to remain strong overnight and for most of tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

The squall line has fragmented to next-to-nothing here in southeast Wales and the remains of it seem to have moved through without much drama, just some gusty winds. It's been an absolute soaker of a day though, with driving, moderate-to-heavy rain since the early hours of this morning. The rain should clear quickly from the west now. I'm just thankful we've avoided flooding, or anything close to it; we live in a house prone to flash flooding from overwhelmed drains in sudden downpours, like the kind that come from a squall. I do find extreme weather endlessly interesting, but it can be trying when flooding is a big worry.

Wondering if I can squeeze in a walk to check on the river heights before it becomes too dark. 

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted

That was an exhausting night.  Almost constant roaring from the wind across the roof made it difficult to sleep and this was made worse by stronger gusts every 10 minutes or so which lifted slates here and there and caused a noisy flapping sound.  Since this is directly above my head I found it hard to sleep for any length of time.  I’m actually glad to be up and about now.  I like all the variations of British weather but I’m fed up with the wind now.  We need a nice calm week to recover.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Wasn’t too bad when I went to bed but howling and hurtling winds woke me, as did the over excited cat, at about 5:00.  Wind really strong now, hope no more power cuts.  Think morning dog walk out of question.

• Like 2

Posted

We could be seeing our last horrah of our snow possibilities come Thursday,as pressure builds from the south next week                                         A more of a Nwesterly sets up Thursdays Friday,Persistent heavy showers wintry precipation across Wales.

Screenshot_20220222-054821_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-054703_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

Early heavy rain now giving way to broken cloud and blue sky is visible again!  Might get some more welcome sunshine today to help dry things out.  Glad to see the back of the stormy conditions for the time being, and there are hopeful signs of more settled weather in the long range charts for March, although these are notoriously unreliable, of course!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, CLH said:

Will be good to see some snow falling on Thursday but can't see it amounting to much

Who knows the fax charts will give us more detailed Wednesday.We can see streamer activity,Even Cardiff should see snow.

Posted
5 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Who knows the fax charts will give us more detailed Wednesday.We can see streamer activity,Even Cardiff should see snow.

Screenshot_20220222-203648_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07a1cb35a6bc612dc9187970e5eaa707.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, keithlucky said:

Screenshot_20220222-203648_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07a1cb35a6bc612dc9187970e5eaa707.jpg

The first front sleet turning to snow the second front introducing colder air Thurday afternoon more outbreaks of snow so a very good chance of a good covering of snow across all of Wales.Winter last throw of the dice.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
20 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

The first front sleet turning to snow the second front introducing colder air Thurday afternoon more outbreaks of snow so a very good chance of a good covering of snow across all of Wales.Winter last throw of the dice.

Did u watch the video? Said rain showers not snow for all of Wales with temps around 6-7c, Northern Ireland and Scotland will have snow showers even to lower levels but will b hit and miss where showers are

Posted
57 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Did u watch the video? Said rain showers not snow for all of Wales with temps around 6-7c, Northern Ireland and Scotland will have snow showers even to lower levels but will b hit and miss where showers are

Life about opinions, the 528 damn line reaches the south Thursday so yes a good chance of seeing snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Is it to early to say goodbye to winter 21/22?

Im ready for some warmer and drier weather. Shame really as the start of winter offered so much promise yet it failed to deliver (so far anyway)

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, dbaloo said:

Is it to early to say goodbye to winter 21/22?

Im ready for some warmer and drier weather. Shame really as the start of winter offered so much promise yet it failed to deliver (so far anyway)

I'm afraid we are looking at a particular cold start to March,Hope it's wrong but March seems to be our coldeest month over the last few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
17 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

I'm afraid we are looking at a particular cold start to March,Hope it's wrong but March seems to be our coldeest month over the last few years.

I don't mind if it results in snow at the end of it, if it's not going to snow then warm up and stay dry

Posted
On 22/02/2022 at 22:11, keithlucky said:

Life about opinions, the 528 damn line reaches the south Thursday so yes a good chance of seeing snow.

Lots of snow reports from North and south Ireland  Let's see if we can getvsome showersvlater on as wind veers to more n westerly direction. 

Posted

Well, I was worried that this winter would pass without seeing a single flake. I confirm I have seen a few seconds of them. 

• Like 1

Posted

A wet and miserable end to February, then.  A fitting last day for a pretty awful month which saw damaging winds over several days and higher than average rainfall but  next to no proper winter weather.  I think we had a couple of mornings at 0c here and a few wintry showers of sleet and wet snow, but nothing remotely threatening lying snow.   I will be glad to see the back of February 2022 for so many reasons and hope that March and the advent of Spring brings more settled weather as well as happier news on other matters as well.