Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
4 hours ago, Sky Full said:

Another lovely Spring day with 50/50 blue skies and cumulus clouds, and if it wasn’t for the uncomfortably cold northerly breeze it would probably be around 18c or 19c.   As it is, we’re only at about 14c which is not really warm enough when it’s almost June!  Come on, Summer, get your act together!

Agree with you there.  Downright chilly wind and outbursts of heavy rain here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Wowsers!  Absolute cracker of thunder storm!  New leak in bathroom roof, I got a free shower.  Road is a fast flowing riverette.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Staying near Llangollen for a week.  A few days ago the models were ALL promising a week of warm sunshine here - honestly!  Now we have rain all day today followed by sunshine and showers for the rest of the week.   I sometimes wonder if any of the weather models really know more than I can find out just by looking out of the window……

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
31 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Staying near Llangollen for a week.  A few days ago the models were ALL promising a week of warm sunshine here - honestly!  Now we have rain all day today followed by sunshine and showers for the rest of the week.   I sometimes wonder if any of the weather models really know more than I can find out just by looking out of the window……

You might be near me!  Sort of mizzly rain at the moment.  Hope it clears up a bit to walk a dog.

• Like 1

Posted
20 hours ago, snefnug said:

You might be near me!  Sort of mizzly rain at the moment.  Hope it clears up a bit to walk a dog.

We are staying between Llangollen and Trevor and the countryside around this part of Wales is glorious!  Wet and miserable yesterday which was a shame but hopefully there’ll be some sunshine at some point this week.  There’s a lot to see in this area but I want to visit Erdigg and Chirk castle in particular.   It’s another grey day today with very low cloud base but not raining so far….

Posted
2 hours ago, Sky Full said:

We are staying between Llangollen and Trevor and the countryside around this part of Wales is glorious!  Wet and miserable yesterday which was a shame but hopefully there’ll be some sunshine at some point this week.  There’s a lot to see in this area but I want to visit Erdigg and Chirk castle in particular.   It’s another grey day today with very low cloud base but not raining so far….

I love Erdigg, it’s so Downright homely.  Chirk Castle is fab in its grandiose way but doesn’t have that below stairs visual history you get at Erdigg.  Hope you have a great time.  Don’t forget to either walk across  Pontcysyllte Aqueduct or, more my personal choice, the aqueduct at Chirk.

Edited by snefnug
  • Thanks 1

Posted
10 hours ago, snefnug said:

I love Erdigg, it’s so Downright homely.  Chirk Castle is fab in its grandiose way but doesn’t have that below stairs visual history you get at Erdigg.  Hope you have a great time.  Don’t forget to either walk across  Pontcysyllte Aqueduct or, more my personal choice, the aqueduct at Chirk.

Visited Erdigg today and I’m with you completely.  To see that interior completely unchanged from over 100 years ago and all the outbuildings looking like they could come back to life tomorrow - fascinating.  And the gardens, and the woodland walk….would love to come back again sometime.   The weather was perfect really  - cloudy and cool - as it would have been less enjoyable in hot sunshine.  Might take a longer drive tomorrow as we’d like to see Llandudno for the first time but we’ll definitely visit the Pontycysllte aqueduct this week - it’s only down the road!

Posted
8 hours ago, Sky Full said:

Visited Erdigg today and I’m with you completely.  To see that interior completely unchanged from over 100 years ago and all the outbuildings looking like they could come back to life tomorrow - fascinating.  And the gardens, and the woodland walk….would love to come back again sometime.   The weather was perfect really  - cloudy and cool - as it would have been less enjoyable in hot sunshine.  Might take a longer drive tomorrow as we’d like to see Llandudno for the first time but we’ll definitely visit the Pontycysllte aqueduct this week - it’s only down the road!

Should be lovely seaside weather today.  

Posted
On 07/06/2022 at 06:12, snefnug said:

Should be lovely seaside weather today.  

Having spent a week in your area I have to say that you are very lucky!  The area around Llangollen is so beautiful and has so many attractions it’s hard to imagine a lovelier place.  We visited Chirk, Pontcysyllte, Glyn Ceriog, and Bala among others, but the jewel is Lake Vyrnwy.   And the Corn Mill at Llangollen has the most incredible location overlooking the river and the old station.   Loved it all.  Must come back again some day.  

Posted
9 hours ago, Sky Full said:

Having spent a week in your area I have to say that you are very lucky!  The area around Llangollen is so beautiful and has so many attractions it’s hard to imagine a lovelier place.  We visited Chirk, Pontcysyllte, Glyn Ceriog, and Bala among others, but the jewel is Lake Vyrnwy.   And the Corn Mill at Llangollen has the most incredible location overlooking the river and the old station.   Loved it all.  Must come back again some day.  

Me in perpetual state of happiness in Glyn Ceiriog, it makes it hard to go anywhere else.  Yes Cornmill fab spot and good for beer and lunch.  So glad you had a good time.  

• Thanks 1

Posted

No heatwave here, then.  After a sunny, warm but breezy morning the temperature has just fallen at least 5 degrees in about an hour as a tranche of low cloud drifted in quite quickly from the Irish Sea.  No sun here now - just an insistent breeze and 100% cloud cover.  I don’t like the heat that the south east of England is reporting but it would be nice to have seen a bit more of the sun today, at least!   Tomorrow is a tricky one to predict because the main belt of heaviest rain could be further south, or further north.  We just don’t know yet…..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It's been lovely here, sunny and temp 25C and a warm breeze, feels a bit humid though. I can tolerate this heat when off but it wasn't pleasant at work today, 20-21c is ideal lol.

Posted

Warm, dry muggy day yesterday which cleared up to lovely sunny evening.   Some small rain overnight, now much fresher, cloudy temps @13.

Posted

Cloudy, cool and very breezy here today but serious rain has yet to make an appearance.  Daily rain forecast for this location has altered from 10mm this morning to 2.9mm now, so definitely not as wet as predicted.   Hopefully there’s still time for the garden to be well watered before another dry looking week next week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms

Another beautiful sunset sky tonight. Photos taken near Cowbridge in Vale of Glamorgan. I just love these colourful scenes

20220619_214447.jpg

20220619_215010.jpg

20220619_214855.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 hours ago, The4Seasons said:

Another beautiful sunset sky tonight. Photos taken near Cowbridge in Vale of Glamorgan. I just love these colourful scenes

20220619_214447.jpg

20220619_215010.jpg

20220619_214855.jpg

Me too!  Lovely photos!    Here I am enjoying an almost perfect summers day, at last.   Light air, plenty of sun and only light cumulus, together with perfect temperature.  One day like this is worth enduring a fortnight of rain and wind, really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms
34 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Me too!  Lovely photos!    Here I am enjoying an almost perfect summers day, at last.   Light air, plenty of sun and only light cumulus, together with perfect temperature.  One day like this is worth enduring a fortnight of rain and wind, really.

That sounds awesome mate. We have a good week coming up this week too.  Warm temps and sunshine. I wish I was off work . 

• Like 1

Posted

Another beautiful day for the solstice - warm and sunny, probably got to 24C at some point, and only light clouds.   Tomorrow looks the same or even better but after that it’s a little downhill for the next week or so.

Posted

The hot and sunny morning has given way to a very warm, sultry afternoon with thickening cloud.  Looks like there’s some rain north of here judging by the radar and if a storm wanted to form then these are the perfect conditions.  Can’t move around too much - it’s too humid and muggy.  Will keep an eye on the radar in case we get some more exciting weather later…..

Posted

Well that  wafted over us with a few raindrops, not enough to water garden so now muggily warm and grey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Very frustrating, im in Norwich for the weekend visiting family and Barry and some thunder and lightning! Typical  

• Like 2

Posted

A bit of thunder over Swansea Bay and a shortlived humdinger over the Black Mountain yesterday, followed by this beaut: 

311A7AD3-B41A-46B6-ABC6-2AF4D0773F6C.thumb.jpeg.c3e37b79cf65eafcecba01cf88eab8f1.jpeg

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

A bit of thunder over Swansea Bay and a shortlived humdinger over the Black Mountain yesterday, followed by this beaut: 

311A7AD3-B41A-46B6-ABC6-2AF4D0773F6C.thumb.jpeg.c3e37b79cf65eafcecba01cf88eab8f1.jpeg

we had constant thunder yesterday